Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3193999 - 01/31/11 11:06 AM Re: Win7 and LB2: God save the Queen! [Re: Flyboy]  
Shadow=ASP= Offline
Shadow=ASP=  Offline

Norway
You guys should consider yourself lucky getting the game to run at all.
Mine stopped working (Win7 x64) when I connected Simped pedals, 2 Cougar MFDs and the Warthog (5 input devices). Doesnt even load the intro. pitchafit

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3194063 - 01/31/11 01:27 PM Re: Win7 and LB2: God save the Queen! [Re: Shadow=ASP=]  
Flyboy Offline
Flyboy  Offline

England, UK
Originally Posted By: Shadow=ASP=
Mine stopped working (Win7 x64) when I connected Simped pedals, 2 Cougar MFDs and the Warthog (5 input devices). Doesnt even load the intro. pitchafit

Excuse me!? I thought you of all people knew that LB2 only supported ONE game input device! Try unplugging all that other stuff and just using a joystick - the old-fashioned way! smile

By the way, good to see your name crop up again in here!

#3194123 - 01/31/11 02:32 PM Re: Win7 and LB2: God save the Queen! [Re: Flyboy]  
Shadow=ASP= Offline
Shadow=ASP=  Offline

Norway
Originally Posted By: Flyboy
Try unplugging all that other stuff and just using a joystick - the old-fashioned way! smile

Problem is that the Warthog HOTAS is two separate devices (stick and throttle). I honestly dont like the idea of flying with a stick only.

#3194212 - 01/31/11 04:22 PM Re: Win7 and LB2: God save the Queen! [Re: Shadow=ASP=]  
Flyboy Offline
Flyboy  Offline

England, UK
Problem is that the Warthog HOTAS is two separate devices (stick and throttle). I honestly dont like the idea of flying with a stick only.

OK, then I guess your LB2 days are well and truly over. frown

On a lighter note, I think I have fixed my broken 2D cockpit/debrief screen crash! I updated my graphics card drivers due to a problem with another area of software I wanted to use again, and I thought I'd see if that made any difference to LB2.

I now get a CTD just before I enter a mission, but traced this back to dgVoodoo's Renderer API being selected as Direct3D7. I changed it to Direct3D9 and hey presto, the broken cockpit is restored AND I no longer seem to get the debrief screen crash! This was only a quick test in Instant Action though, I'll have to test more thoroughly later.

#3194672 - 01/31/11 10:30 PM Re: Win7 and LB2: God save the Queen! [Re: Flyboy]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon

So am I to remain totally 'professional' now, with no humor or small talk?

FB - You are correct! I have no idea about your upbringing or how many times you were beaten senseless by schoolmates. Point is, there is humour, and then there is humour as you have just seen re upbringing etc. One must understand that there are many a slip twixt the cup and the lip...that one must own a bit of not only what one thinks one intends but also how it may be received. Believe me, I know from experience as I tend a bit in your direction of irony. Your humour is perceived at least by me to be often quite aggressive right off the mark, and must be sorted out by the receiver and others before one is clear about your intention. That's ok, but you get to have it coming back at you and understand how easy it is to misperceive. Can be ambiguous, eh? You caught me at a time and in a context where I didn't feel like figuring you out again. But peace, man. We're on the same side here and I appreciate your efforts for keeping LB2 alive.

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#3194677 - 01/31/11 10:32 PM Re: Win7 and LB2: God save the Queen! [Re: Flyboy]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon

On a lighter note, I think I have fixed my broken 2D cockpit/debrief screen crash! I updated my graphics card drivers due to a problem with another area of software I wanted to use again, and I thought I'd see if that made any difference to LB2.

I now get a CTD just before I enter a mission, but traced this back to dgVoodoo's Renderer API being selected as Direct3D7. I changed it to Direct3D9 and hey presto, the broken cockpit is restored AND I no longer seem to get the debrief screen crash! This was only a quick test in Instant Action though, I'll have to test more thoroughly later.

Yay! Now we just have to get your time to fly shifted to a more congenial time of day, and able to use voice comms.

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#3194684 - 01/31/11 10:35 PM Re: Win7 and LB2: God save the Queen! [Re: Shadow=ASP=]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon

So THAT explains why you disappeared from the LB2 Brotherhood! We missed you, especially now that some of the old crew have gathered for a few flights. AV8R snapped a shot of Recluse, himself, and me hovering at the end of a mission. You should have been in that screenshot as in the old days. Any chance of using an older stick on an LB2 occasion?

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#3194690 - 01/31/11 10:40 PM Re: Win7 and LB2: God save the Queen! [Re: AV8R]  
Flyboy Offline
Flyboy  Offline

England, UK
Originally Posted By: Eugene
FB - You are correct! I have no idea about your upbringing or how many times you were beaten senseless by schoolmates. Point is, there is humour, and then there is humour as you have just seen re upbringing etc. One must understand that there are many a slip twixt the cup and the lip...that one must own a bit of not only what one thinks one intends but also how it may be received. Believe me, I know from experience as I tend a bit in your direction of irony. Your humour is perceived at least by me to be often quite aggressive right off the mark, and must be sorted out by the receiver and others before one is clear about your intention. That's ok, but you get to have it coming back at you and understand how easy it is to misperceive. Can be ambiguous, eh? You caught me at a time and in a context where I didn't feel like figuring you out again. But peace, man. We're on the same side here and I appreciate your efforts for keeping LB2 alive.

So it seems you have the same way of thinking as AV8R, about how easily things can become misinterpreted when applied in text? I still think your latest comment about 'beaten senseless by schoolmates' is not very sensitive. For all you know I might have been. As far as I can remember I have never made fun out of anything remotely regarding bullying or other more serious issues.

Yay! Now we just have to get your time to fly shifted to a more congenial time of day, and able to use voice comms.

ME move my time to fly? Why can't YOU? I don't have to fit in around you old-timers, why can't you sit up late for once!?

Three posts in a row, huh? Haven't you figured out the 'Edit' option yet? biggrin

#3194744 - 01/31/11 11:12 PM Re: Win7 and LB2: God save the Queen! [Re: Flyboy]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon

So it seems you have the same way of thinking as AV8R, about how easily things can become misinterpreted when applied in text? I still think your latest comment about 'beaten senseless by schoolmates' is not very sensitive. For all you know I might have been. As far as I can remember I have never made fun out of anything remotely regarding bullying or other more serious issues.

ME move my time to fly? Why can't YOU? I don't have to fit in around you old-timers, why can't you sit up late for once!?

Ummm...I guess that proves the point - you just can't tell when you may hit someone's sensitive spot, so when at peace consider not striking too hard.

Re the time, and attempting to imitate the FB style of humor: Can you not read the English language, mate? Or do you actually prefer to be up at 3 a.m. or whatever hellish time of the night you flew with us? You say you don't want to shift that time? GREAT, since it fits so well for us oldsters in the Greatest Country On Earth.

Shifting out of FB mode, did you misunderstand? I thought you didn't like flying with us right before dawn and unable to use voice comms, etc. Thought we might be able to shift you to some mutually acceptable time, perhaps on the weekend. I should have made that clearer.

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#3194764 - 01/31/11 11:28 PM Re: Win7 and LB2: God save the Queen! [Re: AV8R]  
Flyboy Offline
Flyboy  Offline

England, UK
OK enough of this back-and-forth sarcasm, it's getting a little boring now. And don't bring stuff into THIS forum/topic what may have been said in another one. You know what bit I mean.

I'm done with humor here, from now on I'm just saying what I intend to say and there will be no banter whatsoever.

Seriously, f*ck it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.