Rate This Thread
Hop To
#317272 - 07/13/05 12:58 PM Re: Dynamic Campaign  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Ah, give the guy a cookie, he's gonna ask for a glass of milk. Give him a steak, he's gonna ask for red wine.

People will always ask for things, as if the game makers can think of everything and have all the time to program them all.

- Ice
#317273 - 07/13/05 07:11 PM Re: Dynamic Campaign  
Lemon Offline
Lemon  Offline

The Falcon campaign is grognard level, ground forces engaging, pulling back,holding for resupply, guarding positions, retreating. Factories are responsible for resupply so damaging the industrial base has serious effect. Taking out bridges will slow or prevent the movement of units. Holding on the tarmac, waiting to taxi, you can feel quite small. SEAD flights landing, BARCAPs taking off, massive cargo movers arriving from Japan. Your limited to a very particular role in all of this.

EECH was not designed to be that sort of wargame. Ground forces move on a node system (following roads) packaged as groups. You don't see front lines or infantry combat. Ground forces work to slow you down (clearing approach avenues to the airfields or other target points) instead of moving on their own to seize targets. In effect it maximizes your importance on the battlefield. In Falcon the troops can fight fine on their own, in EECH your the only one who can win the campaign.

(I wrote that as a sort of general explantion for the layman - your probably far more familiar with EECH than I am LionPride. \:\) )

#317275 - 07/14/05 01:16 AM Re: Dynamic Campaign  
Lemon Offline
Lemon  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONPRIDE:
Lemon, That's an awesome reply. I've never had the pleasure of playing F4 and now, perhaps with this understanding the EECH Dev team or someone who could handle it could look into making more like F4.

:) Even if its not your bag you should load up Falcon once to see how the campaign works. Scharmers called F4 the "holy grail" of flight sims and I think thats accurate, it fuses the flight model wizardry with a running war and does it well.

#317276 - 07/15/05 12:58 AM Re: Dynamic Campaign  
Viking1-1 Offline
Viking1-1  Offline

Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemon:
The Falcon campaign is grognard level, ground forces engaging, pulling back,holding for resupply, guarding positions, retreating. Factories are responsible for resupply so damaging the industrial base has serious effect. Taking out bridges will slow or prevent the movement of units. Holding on the tarmac, waiting to taxi, you can feel quite small. SEAD flights landing, BARCAPs taking off, massive cargo movers arriving from Japan. Your limited to a very particular role in all of this.

EECH was not designed to be that sort of wargame. Ground forces move on a node system (following roads) packaged as groups. You don't see front lines or infantry combat. Ground forces work to slow you down (clearing approach avenues to the airfields or other target points) instead of moving on their own to seize targets. In effect it maximizes your importance on the battlefield. In Falcon the troops can fight fine on their own, in EECH your the only one who can win the campaign.

(I wrote that as a sort of general explantion for the layman - your probably far more familiar with EECH than I am LionPride. \:\) )
No big deal, but you're a tad off. In Falcon 4 (and Falcon 4: Allied Forces), the performance of your entire force is based over time on YOUR performance. That means that doing the right thing and not screwing around greatly helps your side.

Contrast that to EECH, where you certainly can lose it just by continuing to lose choppers. However, you will not win most compaigns by simply obeying orders. You have to become aggressive and commonly exceed your orders. Behavior that would piss off a real-world command staff.

Don't get me wrong, I love EECH. I recognise its limit though.

#317277 - 07/15/05 01:43 AM Re: Dynamic Campaign  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Hahaha... I love the way EECH "waits" for me to clear stuff ahead of them.

A tank column lobbing fire? I go a bit down the road and take out the enemy. My ground forces taking heat? I take out any enemy air asset I can, whether on the ground or in the air.

Falcon 4 makes you feel really small, and makes you fly really far. \:\)

- Ice
#317278 - 07/15/05 03:12 AM Re: Dynamic Campaign  
Lemon Offline
Lemon  Offline

Thank you for the correction Viking.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.