Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3131852 - 11/06/10 05:03 AM Hi everyone, new missions!  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Kyth Mission 1
In this semi-historical scenario, the Red Army has pulled off a nasty surprise with their initial Spring Offensive in the Kharkov area.
Elements of the 3rd Panzer division (that's you) have to deal with the developing situation, which can only be described as 'a ghastly mess'.

You can download the mission here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/4lF8khES/KythMission01.html

As always, you have to add a new line to the user_camp.engcfg file:

New_KY_01, txt_mc_mymission_1, 1, 0, Back_KY01.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_01.level;

Good luck, and good hunting!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the 2nd mission in the series, following on from the first one.

Kyth Mission 2

Your kampfgruppe has to reopen the supply lines to your beleaguered front-line defenders. Dark and stormy night, rain falling in torrents, enemy strongpoint to be captured! Your quick thinking and skill could spell the difference between victory and defeat...

You can download the mission here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/tAUM6aFi/KythsMission02.html

And remember, please add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_02, txt_mc_mymission_2, 1, 0, Back_KY02.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_02.level;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the 3rd mission, following the events in mission 2:

Kyth Mission 3

The encircled defenders have hung on grimly for the past 2 days, throwing back repeated assaults on their positions.
Now, can they hold on for much longer? ... Make sure that they do!

The mission can be downloaded here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/uOzbSWOe/KythMission03.html

And, please add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_03, txt_mc_mymission_3, 1, 0, Back_KY03.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_03.level;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the 4th mission in the series, following the events of mission 3:

Kyth Mission 4

The enemy is planning another of their pre-dawn attacks. Your kampfgruppe's task is to launch a pre-dawn attack on the pre-dawn attackers!
Just don't let them pre-empt your pre-emptive strike...

Please download the mission here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/FORxPxHZ/KythMission04.html

And, add in this line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_04, txt_mc_mymission_4, 1, 0, Back_KY04.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_04.level;

Careful with this one, there's a lot of maneuvering needed!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another one! Mission 5 follows on after the events of Mission 4.

Kyth Mission 5

Your kampfgruppe is to make a quick strike on the enemy positions, Over the River and Through the Woods. Drill them full of Lead!

Please download the mission from here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/QPjP0Jg2/KythMission05.html

And remember, add this line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_05, txt_mc_mymission_5, 1, 0, Back_KY05.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_05.level;

One little tip for this mission: Set your platoon formation to 'none' when you order them across the river, you don't want them in the river.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you can all keep it going for the next mission?

Kyth Mission 6

As your Kampfgruppe maneuvers for its breakout, keep a close watch on the horizon... The Russians are not finished yet...

Kindly download the mission here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/a-NMMvxs/KythMission06.html

And, add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_06, txt_mc_mymission_6, 1, 0, Back_KY06.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_06.level;

One little tip for this mission: Take good care of your infantry!

Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've come up with another one!

Kyth Mission 7

The enemy's retreat route rapidly becomes a 'Mud-way of Death'! Make sure it's not actually your own...

http://www.4shared.com/file/rUwy9d93/KythMission07.html

New_KY_07, txt_mc_mymission_7, 1, 0, Back_KY07.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_07.level;

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a tough mission for everyone!

Kyth Mission 8

Noisy battles break out all along the river! You are there to ensure that tactical skill and good shooting, keep the enemy well and truly clobbered.

Download the mission here!
http://www.4shared.com/file/nY8_P1Fs/KythMission08.html

New_KY_08, txt_mc_mymission_8, 1, 0, Back_KY08.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_08.level;

A helpful hint: Set your formation to 'none' when crossing the river. Don't end up in the river!

Good hunting!

Here's another panzer battle for you!

Kyth Mission 9
In this armoured clash, you shall be deciding the outcome; will good shooting win the day, or will it be your Last Stand ...?

http://www.4shared.com/file/dak0p1_l/KythMission09.html

New_KY_09, txt_mc_mymission_9, 1, 0, Back_KY09.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_09.level;

Good luck, you'll need it!

One more nail-biting mission for all of you.

Kyth Mission 10
The recent counterattack has resulted in the encirclement of a Rather Large enemy force. However, they will require a lot of "convincing" to actually stay captured... Elements of 3rd Panzer (you again) are on the scene!

Download the mission from here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/CmZFJ6xG/KythMission10.html

New_KY_10, txt_mc_mymission_10, 1, 0, Back_KY10.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_10.level;

Have fun!

Last edited by Kyth; 04/16/11 01:15 AM.

"It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see.
I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons."

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3132555 - 11/07/10 05:30 PM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
yl9961027 Offline
yl9961027  Offline

That's so cool!Thank you! cheers

#3135904 - 11/12/10 03:17 PM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Hi everyone,

I hope you can let me know, how things went for you.

Constructive criticism is welcome!

"It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see.

#3140559 - 11/19/10 04:27 PM Re: Hi everyone, the 2nd mission! [Re: Kyth]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Hello everyone!

Here's the 2nd mission in the series, following on from the first one.

Kyth Mission 2

Your kampfgruppe has to reopen the supply lines to your beleaguered front-line defenders. Dark and stormy night, rain falling in torrents, enemy strongpoint to be captured! Your quick thinking and skill could spell the difference between victory and defeat...

You can down load the mission here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/tAUM6aFi/KythsMission02.html

And remember, please add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_02, txt_mc_mymission_2, 1, 0, Back_KY02.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_02.level;

Enjoy!

Last edited by Kyth; 11/19/10 04:30 PM.

#3141500 - 11/21/10 04:55 AM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Hi Guys,

You could tell me whether it plays out okay...

#3141639 - 11/21/10 03:39 PM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Hi Kyth,
Thanks for the missions and mods you have made for SFK42. While I have not had a chance to play Mission 2 yet, Mission 1 is excellent. The opening artillery barrage was a real change of pace and very painfull till I figured out to get my PzIII the heck outta Dodge as fast as possible hahaha
Looking forward to many more missions from you thumbsup
cheers

"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
#3142149 - 11/22/10 02:07 PM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Thanks, I was starting to get a little spooked here, with the lack of any response. sleepy

Yes, more missions coming up!

biggrin

#3142611 - 11/23/10 01:45 AM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Hi Kyth,
hahaha Don't get spooked my friend. SFK42 fan base is kind of weird here. You won't get a lot of feedback, but just by looking at the post "views" can give you a good indication that someone is interested, they are just not too talkative biggrin
cheers

#3143777 - 11/24/10 08:16 PM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
Rends Offline
Rends  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted By: Kyth
Thanks, I was starting to get a little spooked here, with the lack of any response. sleepy

Yes, more missions coming up!

biggrin

Nice to hear.
And please do more missions.
Godzilla is right not much feedback but my Prokhorovka mission got 400+ dl at filefront alone within a month. So there must be someones out there playing the sim,lol.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
#3144214 - 11/25/10 02:38 PM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
yl9961027 Offline
yl9961027  Offline

Hi!Kyth
I have played your new mission.At night to raid the KV-1 with PzIII J.This is a very challenging mission.The only drawback is the mission a little bit short.Thank you for your work.Looking forward to more new missions. cheers

Last edited by yl9961027; 11/25/10 02:39 PM.
#3144614 - 11/26/10 08:58 AM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: yl9961027]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Hi YL,

Glad you enjoyed it. It's a short and sharp mission, kill or be killed. attack

And if you find it too short, you could increase the difficulty level (1=easiest 10=hardest / impossible) for more targets - but be careful, they shoot back!

biggrin

Last edited by Kyth; 11/26/10 08:59 AM.

#3144815 - 11/26/10 05:17 PM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Hi Kyth,
Finally got to spend some quality time with your fist mission. Excellent just does not do it justice notworthy It's fast paced and target rich, very much like Rends Kursk/Prokhorovka missions thumbsup But I do have a few question, even after playing it several times I cannot seem to win it. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong as all the attacking Russian forces are totally eliminated. The PzIII platoon I'm with eliminated all armor at the ambush point and I do believe most if not all the supporting infantry. I then proceeded to the village via the river, when I got to the bridge I caught most of the advancing Russian armored spearhead on the opposite river bank and eliminated them, a couple T-26 did forge the river and disappeared behind a hill. I charged over the hill and caught several of them at what looked like a rallying point for them. I dispatched all of them, even the one's who tried to retreat back across the river. I was by now out of all ammo except for my MG's. The mission then ended with a "Failed". I looked around in the after battle viewer but could not find any surviving Russian armor. A few T-26 did make it to the village, but they were knocked out and the PzIII platoon I was with was crawling all over the village. So what exactly did I miss here banghead hahaha

One thing I did notice, outside the T-34's at the ambush point none of the other Russian armor seemed to put up any fight confused. Even when I caught those T-26 at their rally point they didn't even fire back while I was picking them off one by one. I understand the T-26 only has a MG for attack/defense but I really expected them to shoot back. Does this have something to do with the Difficulty Settings (Allies/Enemys Experiance) in the GUI? I do believe mine is set to the games default, but like I said the T-34's at the ambush point were very aggressive and did knock out several of the tanks in the platoon I was with at the ambush point, plus the couple of hit's I took also. Will maxing the Enemys Experiance setting make them hyper aggressive in attack and defense?

I have installed your second mission and am planning on spending some quality time with it this evening biggrin But after playing your first mission more in-depth I think I am going to be most pleased with mission 2 also thumbsup
beercheers

#3145148 - 11/27/10 02:02 AM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Hi Kyth,
Played mission 2, wow talk about a knife fight in a closet with the lights off. Fast paced, short and too the point just as you advertised. The gloom of the darkness with the rain falling really sets the mood for this one, as soon as it starts you know it's going to be an edge of your seat mission. Had a few "oh *hit" moments when a few of those T-34 and KV-1's just "appeared" out of the darkness, even caught one KV-1 sneaking up on my 6 thumbsup
Really liked the AI on this one, they were very aggressive.

#3145189 - 11/27/10 04:02 AM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: godzilla1985]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Originally Posted By: godzilla1985
Hi Kyth,
The mission then ended with a "Failed". I looked around in the after battle viewer but could not find any surviving Russian armor. A few T-26 did make it to the village, but they were knocked out and the PzIII platoon I was with was crawling all over the village. So what exactly did I miss here banghead hahaha

Hi godzilla1985,

There is a whole swarm of Russian light tanks trying to overrun the village.
I think at least some of them could have survived and sneaked in anyway smile
and hung on long enough to trigger the 'mission fail'.
Also, some of the infantry from the first attack could have survived. They also want to head on down to the village
and they could trigger the 'mission fail' if there are enough of them biggrin

Hope this helps, and keep trying!

Regards,

Last edited by Kyth; 11/27/10 04:04 AM.

#3145197 - 11/27/10 04:23 AM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: Kyth]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Will do Kyth. I think next time I'll try QTing it somewhat straighter to the village after the ambush part of the mission finishes, then just wait for the attack to come to me. I still gotta be careful though. The last time I took the most direct approach to that village I ran smack into another RU artillery barrage and ended up KIA. BTW my compliments on your set up of trigger events on both missions, nasty surprises abound thumbsup
cheers

#3146129 - 11/29/10 03:25 AM Re: Hi everyone, a new mission! [Re: godzilla1985]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Originally Posted By: godzilla1985

One thing I did notice, outside the T-34's at the ambush point none of the other Russian armor seemed to put up any fight confused. Even when I caught those T-26 at their rally point they didn't even fire back while I was picking them off one by one. I understand the T-26 only has a MG for attack/defense but I really expected them to shoot back. Does this have something to do with the Difficulty Settings (Allies/Enemys Experiance) in the GUI?

Hi, godzilla1985, sorry I missed out this query,

About the light tanks' aggressiveness, or lack of it, I have to give the AI some credit, it tries not to waste bullets on armored targets.
But it compensates for this by squeaking in undetected smile

At harder levels, some of those tanks will pack a heavier punch, so don't underestimate them! biggrin

Regards,

Last edited by Kyth; 11/29/10 03:36 AM.

#3149753 - 12/04/10 03:06 PM Re: Hi everyone, the 3rd mission! [Re: Kyth]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Hi!

Here's the 3rd mission, following the events in mission 2:

Kyth Mission 3

The encircled defenders have hung on grimly for the past 2 days, throwing back repeated assaults on their positions.
Now, can they hold on for much longer? ... Make sure that they do!

The mission can be downloaded here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/uOzbSWOe/KythMission03.html

And, please add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_03, txt_mc_mymission_3, 1, 0, Back_KY03.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_03.level;

Get it now!

#3150272 - 12/05/10 03:10 PM Re: Hi everyone, the 3rd mission! [Re: Kyth]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Thanks for the mission Kyth, played it last night and it was thumbsup. Once again my compliments on the scripting of this mission, the AI was A-1 and like your previous 2 missions a very target rich enviroment. Although I didn't win (one T-34 I couldn't locate cleaned my clock at the end), I was out of AP and had to use HE to take on the last few T-34's. It made me realize just how these PzIII crews must have felt when the T-34 arrived on the battlefield. Hope you have more of these missions planned, but really hope to get a PzIV F2 upgrade soon, the PzIII is starting to give me grey hair biggrin

P.S. Got to ask what is the "Boo go for the eye's" refering too?
cheers

#3150554 - 12/06/10 01:39 AM Re: Hi everyone, the 3rd mission! [Re: Kyth]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

hahaha

Just messing around. The quotes are from Baldur's Gate, my favourite game 'back in the day'

biggrin

#3150571 - 12/06/10 02:27 AM Re: Hi everyone, the 3rd mission! [Re: Kyth]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
hahaha thanks for the explaination Kyth
cheers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.