Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3137800 - 11/15/10 07:29 PM GR delayed... again...  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Quote:

Ubisoft has again delayed the release of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier for Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 and Driver: San Francisco to the publisher's 2011 fiscal year, which begins this coming April.

Both titles were previously scheduled to ship in the fourth quarter of Ubisoft's 2010 fiscal year, between January and March of next year.

No reason for the delays was provided.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3138793 - 11/17/10 01:04 AM Re: GR delayed... again... [Re: Magnum]  
Desert_Ranger Offline
Desert_Ranger  Offline

California
Strike two.....one more and this game might never see the light of day!!

And just what does "the market" think about UbiSoft now, you ask:

Ubisoft's shares saw an 18 percent drop following its recent financial results, as the company reported substantial losses on increased sales along with title delays. According to Bloomberg, that's the company's biggest intra-day drop since at least 1996. Ubisoft's now trading at 7.95 euros ($10.71), and received ratings downgrades to "hold" from "buy" from Deutsche Bank AG and to "reduce" from "buy" from Natixis SA. Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter called the performance "well below expectations".

On the delay of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and Driver: San Francisco to fiscal 2012, Pachter said the company's lineup for the rest of the year, which includes Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Just Dance 2 and Michael Jackson: The Experience alongside many Kinect titles is "quite strong" as it is. Part of the company's financial results announcement included its plan to restructure its studios, cutting some projects to allow their staff to place all their focus on bigger AAA projects. Pachter believes this strategy offers the company more profitability potential.

[NOTE to Pachter, a "professional" analyst: apparently shareholders don't agree!!]

I'm a reasonable guy, but I've just experienced some very unreasonable things...
#3138946 - 11/17/10 10:39 AM Re: GR delayed... again... [Re: Magnum]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
And again, I hope that "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier" will NEVER see the light of day!

We have enough run-and-gun shooters, specially run-and-gun shooters that bears the name of what was once one of the greatest and most realistic tactical shooters (ever made).

#3138974 - 11/17/10 12:52 PM Re: GR delayed... again... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
well I hope it does... I think GRAW2 on console was/is the best FPS made for the 360 so far... so if they stay with that formula then great, if they just make another CoD clone...then we will know the series is truly dead and can move on.

#3139233 - 11/17/10 06:36 PM Re: GR delayed... again... [Re: Magnum]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Originally Posted By: Magnum
well I hope it does... I think GRAW2 on console was/is the best FPS made for the 360 so far... so if they stay with that formula then great, if they just make another CoD clone...then we will know the series is truly dead and can move on.

Agreed. It won't be another COD clone. The GRAW line seemed to be trying to mix the series tactical routes with something more approachable for a larger audience. I personally believe they struck the perfect balance.

Also, it's a nit-pick point, but GRAW 2 wasn't an FPS, it was played in third person most of the time wink (at least on the consoles)

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#3139323 - 11/17/10 08:02 PM Re: GR delayed... again... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
true, but you have the option to change it to FP, which i did from day 1. wink

#3139440 - 11/17/10 10:12 PM Re: GR delayed... again... [Re: Magnum]  
Desert_Ranger Offline
Desert_Ranger  Offline

California
Well, let's see - make a tactical console game and sell maybe tens of thousands of units, or, make a CoD clone and sell maybe tens of millions of units - which would you do?? Unless UbiSoft is not interested in getting themselves out of the hole they're currently in, you can bet that any console version of Future Soldier is going to be as much like the record-setting-sellers MW2 and Black Ops as possible....period!! Come on guys, we're talking console game from UbiSoft here....you're dreaming if you think Future Soldier will be any more than just another fragfest shooter.....

....please UbiSoft, prove me wrong...at least for the PC version!

I'm a reasonable guy, but I've just experienced some very unreasonable things...
#3140347 - 11/19/10 06:27 AM Re: GR delayed... again... [Re: Magnum]  
OleGreyGhost Offline
OleGreyGhost  Offline

PA, USA
Ric, I am with you
Quote:
And again, I hope that "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier" will NEVER see the light of day!

UbiSoft took a very good tactical game "Ghost Recon" and dumbed it down to GR:AW. And then to GRAW2. And with each progression the modding tools got worse. The game {GRAW2} can be played an most any machine w/o any problems. Try to use their modding tools and you constantly crash.

There are many fans asking for Ubisoft to go back to the original tactical concept of Ghost Recon. Modders that are putting out better content than Ubisoft allowed on the market. The modders even combined props from GRAW into GRAW2.

When they dumped GRIN & went back to RSE Studios, even I thought there was hope. Not to fault GRIN, they did a lot to help the modding community without violating their contract with Ubisoft.

But this is Ubisoft:
Quote:
Part of the company's financial results announcement included its plan to restructure its studios, cutting some projects to allow their staff to place all their focus on bigger AAA projects.

Half of the staff at RSE STudios lost their jobs due to Ubisofts' restructuring. ?? Future Soldier delayed,again ?? Gee, what a surprise.
Then there is their track record. Ubi never puts out a product on time. Ubi doesn't release a polished product. Very slow to release patches to fix problematic games. Best of all they cut off support early, leaving behind a buggy product and a frustrated fan base...

And now they want to use a DRM that you can only play the game while connected to ther servers. {New form of copy protection}Remember the horror stories trying to connect to their servers.
A case in point!! Silent Hunter II & Destroyer Command were supposed to interact for multiplayer. What a joke that was.
Then Silent Hunter III. That was released with art misaligned plus didn't even show up in the game.

Don't get me wrong. IMHO Ghost Recon is a great tactical shooter. If I want a little more excitement I go to GRAW & GRAW2.

Speaking of GRAW2, there is a little known trick to taking out the attacking helos w/o a Zeus.
Shoot the pilot with the m99 sniper rifle. Windscreen or door. Small arms are useless.

I apologize for the rant. I too, would like to have Future Soldier go back to its tactical roots. But I know better.

P III @ 1.0 Ghz
Tyan M/B (S 1854 Trinity 400) w/ 768mb ram
Win XP Pro w/ SP 3 & Dx 9.0c 1280x960
Nvidia GeForce Ti 200 (AGP 4x) w/ 64mb ram
SB Audigy Platinum Sound w/ Digital speakers
Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro joystick

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.