I'm returning to RB3D after a long absence, and I'm a bit confused as to what utility programs to use. After reading the 2 FAQs in this forum, the Wings Of Honor pages, Gump's page, Wings of Valor and the SWW1SA forum, I gather I need some or all of the utilities in the post title for the following functions:
(a) Fixing WinXP problems.
(b) Patch and addon management.
(c) Graphics management, especially increasing resolution past the default of 1024x768.
(d) Performance improvements. Not sure if these utilities offer that.
(e) Gameplay enhancements, like front gunners in 2-seaters, flyable 2-seaters, date-based campaign changes, etc. Item (e) is less important to me, as I need to get the hang of the game again before I worry about stuff like that.
My concerns are the possible problems arising from the interaction of all these utilities, and hence I have some questions. For all the following, I'm going to be using dgVoodoo 1.5beta2 and Hells Angels Gold (and eventually, HASP):
1) Do I need all 4 of these utilities? According to Gump's site, ReLoad and FCJCP provide the same functionality as the First Aid Kit. Is this true? Do any of the others duplicate functionality?
2) Wings of Honor says CM11 and ReLoad's date functions are incompatible. Do I need ReLoad as well as CM11? Does ReLoad offer any functionality not offered by CM11 (or FCJCP), other than TrackIR use and some physics tweaks?
3) Does FCJ CP still have problems with RB3D installs not located in c:\Sierra\RedBaron3D? Or is that fixed in version 2.2?
4) Are there any other compatibility issues with these utilities?
5) Is there any prticular order in which I should install or run them (along with dgVoodoo and HAG)?
6) Any other essential addons I need for playing in Single Player mode (aside from the official 1078 patch)?
Last edited by skyh; 08/09/10 04:13 PM.