Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2960463 - 02/18/10 05:42 PM FF5 ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released !  
Aeyes Offline
Aeyes  Offline

The netherlands
New product release today, the EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon. This widescreen cockpit add-on for FF5 also has 4 sets of external aircraft textures of which the GAF and RAF are flyable.
Have a look at the Gallery or Demo movie

Here is a screenshot of the 2D pit:

To get used to the functionality of the cockpit have a look here

Here is a screenshot of the 3D pit's high resolution graphics:

Features list:
2D cockpit:

Graphics - This install allows autoscaling, therefor it is possible to fly in lower resolutions like 1680 x1050 or 1440x900. The default resolution is 1920x1200. 16:9 resolutions like 1920x1080 is possible, but will result in slight stretching of the 2D cockpit.

Photorealistic - cockpit with as real as possible functionality, within the limits of the Falcon simulator software.

Kneeboards - The right kneeboard has 10 pages of browsable checklists for preflight and rampstart, ETR (Enemy Treat Ranges), refueling checklist, and EF-2000 typical abbreviations of systems and avionics checklists. Use left and right mouseclicks to browse.

Nightlighting - On the Internal Lights panel at the right down side you can enable floodlight by turning on the 'FLOODS' knob. For enabling Instruments lights and backlit panels you hit keys Shift-2 and you turn the 'CNSL' knob for 2 brightness settings.

Rampstart - A full and realistic rampstart is possible, complete checklists on the right knee and downloadable.

TACAN checklistts, clicking down twice from the default 12 o’clock view will bring you to a complete TACAN list.

3D cockpit:
Functionality - Fully clickable (although most switches will not move) and gauges/instruments operational. Note that many switches do not correspond with the 2D cockpit functionality

6DOF - 6DOF TrackIR4 is recommended for full enjoyment.
If you don't have 6DOF enabled, open the 'FFViper config editor' in the FreeFalcon5 directory, 'TrackIR settings', TrackIR DOF support, then enable 'Yaw pitch Roll,X Y Z' and click 'Apply'.

3D cockpit textures - High quality textures for the interior of the aircraft matching the 2D cockpit

Splash files and docs
There are new loading and leaving screens for the Eurofighter Typhoon installed

The FreeFalcon5/docs/PitDocs dir has a couple of PDF and Word files with information of the EF-2000 cockpit. Shortcuts are on your desktop after installation.
- PDF with functionality description in full color for all the 2D pit's switches and lights/instruments
- PDF with printable checklist matching the checklists on the right knee in the cockpit. Best to print 2 pages on A-4 horizontally.

Special thanks to Homercide for the installer, easy one click and you are ready to go fly this modern jet.
Also thanks to the FF team for the basis for this add-on.

www.cockpits.nl

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2960506 - 02/18/10 07:08 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: Aeyes]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

VERY well done.
VERY VERY VERY well done. Albeit just 99,9% true. :P
I'd buy it.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#2960523 - 02/18/10 07:28 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: komemiute]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon
Wow! More great work. How much is it, U.S.?

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#2960560 - 02/18/10 08:40 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: Eugene]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Lovely. I like the digital backup combo-six in the upper right.

Three MFDs! Any way to get the RWR and map to overlay on the HSD, so the other MFD can be freed up for other stuff? If it's always getting hogged by the RWR or map, doesn't seem like that big of a benefit... other than even having a map, of course.

Do any of your viper pits also have a third mfd? How does one go about making a pit universal for every AC you fly?

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#2960569 - 02/18/10 08:56 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: Reticuli]  
Aeyes Offline
Aeyes  Offline

The netherlands
The center display has multiple functions, you can use it as a normal 3rd display like the other 2, enable/disable the moving map and use it as a RWR. So it is a matter of the pilot's choice what is showing there. The 3D pit is limited to RWR only since a moving map can not be displayed there. The combination of digital ADI, AoA, course/range settings and Compass in one instrument was a challenge to make, but it all works.

The only F-16 pit with a 3rd MFD would be the last generation block 60, haven't done that one yet due to lack of accurate info.
Re your last question, that would mean gathering all the stuff you can find inside the sim, design a cockpit around it that works intuitive and shows all very quickly and use that for all AC. In my opinion the design of the EF-2000 is advanced in this field, a lot is in front of you. The F-35 glass cockpit is one that surpasses it in design, that could be a good example for a generic pit.

Originally Posted By: Reticuli
Lovely. I like the digital backup combo-six in the upper right.

Three MFDs! Any way to get the RWR and map to overlay on the HSD, so the other MFD can be freed up for other stuff? If it's always getting hogged by the RWR or map, doesn't seem like that big of a benefit... other than even having a map, of course.

Do any of your viper pits also have a third mfd? How does one go about making a pit universal for every AC you fly?

#2960646 - 02/18/10 10:44 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: Aeyes]  
MigBuster Offline
MigBuster  Offline

UK
Wow - more truly stunning work!!

'Crashing and Burning since 1987'
#2960906 - 02/19/10 01:13 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: kramer]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Browsing through the website explanation of the cockpit itself.

Uhm. Actually... Uhm.
I really appreciate the extra work put into modelling something not natively present in the Viper cockpit.

So +10 points for the work. Guys you are great.

Also...
Looking closely I noteice now many more issues. Not going to point them out, probably You had all the reason to distort the reality, but some things are simply wrong.

Question, is that on purpose? Again I don't want every thing explained one by one. Just the reasoning behind the choices you obviously made.

A PM will suffice.

DON'T GET ME WRONG. IT'S A GREAT WORK for the average user, for the avid sim-head and many real life pilots too.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#2961032 - 02/19/10 04:25 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: komemiute]  
Aeyes Offline
Aeyes  Offline

The netherlands
Sure send me a PM, and yes I can confirm that there are a few things in the pit that are a compromise, mostly because of what and how it is modelled in Falcon, converted from F-16 avionics. A lot matches the real thing for as far as that is publicly known, just not everything.

#2961998 - 02/19/10 05:08 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: Aeyes]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I said it lotsa but I want to stress it. It's a great work, and I like it.
Don't really want to sound like a poshy guy, just found some discrepancies.

smile I hope many will buy it and enjoy it because it's definitely worth!

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#2963395 - 02/19/10 08:27 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: komemiute]  
Aeyes Offline
Aeyes  Offline

The netherlands
Thanks for your PM, replied to you just now. Very helpful info !

#2963409 - 02/19/10 08:43 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: Aeyes]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Yeah, a generic super pit would be great, but I mean I have some of your pits already. If I eventually get FF and this pit, is there any other folders you pop this baby into (or the ones I already have) to let them show up in other birds, say older F-16s? I know it's a cheat, but a useful pit is a useful pit. In other words, how do you hack it so your pits can be used in more aircraft?

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#2963426 - 02/19/10 09:09 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: Reticuli]  
Aeyes Offline
Aeyes  Offline

The netherlands
I see what you mean now.
In FF5 each planespecific dir inside art/ckptart has a text file with the cockpit 2d numbers.

- Back up the whole art/ckptart dir before you experiment with this.
- Basically it would mean copying the content of the art/ckptart/Eurofighter dir to the cockpit dir of the plane you want to fly it with.
- Then open the ws_ckpit.dat and replace the numbers you got from the textfile in the 'manager' area of the ws_ckpit.datfile. The numbers to replace in ws_ckpit.dat are these: cockpit2d 2312 2312 ;
- Save and test.
Expect some issues possibly with loadouts, 3D wings and 3D pits, but basically what you want is possible and easy to do. If you do find problems, simply put your backed up art/ckptart dir back in and all is ok again.

#3050960 - 07/13/10 04:39 AM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: komemiute]  
BLuDKLoT Offline
VETERANS-GAMING
BLuDKLoT  Offline
VETERANS-GAMING

Hemet, CA
I have all of Aeyes pits and they are great.

I wish you'd make more wink

Blud

#3052180 - 07/14/10 06:19 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: BLuDKLoT]  
Scorpion82 Online content
Scorpion82  Online Content

Take into account that the EF2000 Superpit is designed for a twin engined aircraft, using it with a single engined aircraft will cause the engine fire warning light lightning all the time and the RPM indicator not working properly. The exterior 3-D model shouldn't be an issue if you assign the correct model numbers in the dat files. The "problems" with the indicators for the 2nd engine could be overcome by dat edits as well, but I wouldn't mess around with it, if I have no clue what I'm doing.

@Aeyes,
why did you replace the RWR texture in the 3-D pit with that of the F-16's default RWR format?

#3052444 - 07/15/10 12:08 AM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: Scorpion82]  
Aeyes Offline
Aeyes  Offline

The netherlands
Re RWR, I believe that was because the FF guys had putten the RWR as functional in the center MHDD in the 3D pit. Moving map does not work in the 3D pit, and 3rd MFD data in the 3D pit does not work either unlike in the 2D pit.

#3052840 - 07/15/10 04:38 PM Re: ***EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon widescreen cockpit released ! [Re: Aeyes]  
Scorpion82 Online content
Scorpion82  Online Content

I have actually created the concept for the 3-D pit and its functionality. The centre MFD acts as RWR by default the texture is just different. I included the texture reflecting the DASS display format of the real aircraft, albeit just in a rough shape as the code doesn't allow for more info being crammed in.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.