Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#3031655 - 06/15/10 06:06 AM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: Ziggy Sawdust]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
It's cheaper to produce in North America because we don't overuse the letter "U" and implement the letter "Z" when appropriate.

smile

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3032400 - 06/16/10 04:32 AM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: Dart]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
Hi guys,

The newegg price is incorrect. ROF ICE is not released until the end of the month and it will be available in Europe as well, but at a later date.

Jason

#3033897 - 06/17/10 10:33 PM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Lukasz Offline
Lukasz  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
Jason,

will the European version be relased by the 777Studios or the old Euro RoF retailer, the Aerosoft (if it is not a secret)
Personally, I am very happy about the new relase, because the 1.12 RoF became a really great, complete sim. The Team did tremendous job by adding new dogfight modes and, what is very important as well, they improved the stability and performance. Two of my teammates are flying RoF on the Pentium 4 PC's and have some not bad fps (30-40). Of course, with the lowest settings, but at least we can fly together on the less populated servers. Smaller maps and the mentioned performance improved allowed people to set more servers, because the server software is no longer so resource eating. I'd say, there is 30% improvement or a bit more.

The 8 flyable planes out of the box, featuring the payware Dr.I, Camel, SE5a is a great deal, too. Previously many people complainded about the low number of the stock planes. Finally, they will get more, and those ones are really iconic birds!

Iam the owner of digital copy, but I am going to buy a box, too. Just to collect it and for the goodies inside.

Good luck and keep up the great work!

Lucas

#3035708 - 06/20/10 02:11 PM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: Dart]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
Originally Posted By: Dart
It's cheaper to produce in North America because we don't overuse the letter "U" and implement the letter "Z" when appropriate.

smile

Except in Canada wink

(although the "Zed" is used by most but not all)

#3035742 - 06/20/10 03:07 PM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: Dart]  
JAMF Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan
JAMF  Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan

The Netherlands

smile
They could have gone even cheaper with "Rize of Flite: Iron X Ed." biggrin hahaha wink

Last edited by JAMF; 06/20/10 03:07 PM.
#3035942 - 06/20/10 09:31 PM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: Lukasz]  

Originally Posted By: Lukasz
Jason,

will the European version be relased by the 777Studios or the old Euro RoF retailer, the Aerosoft (if it is not a secret)
Personally, I am very happy about the new relase, because the 1.12 RoF became a really great, complete sim. The Team did tremendous job by adding new dogfight modes and, what is very important as well, they improved the stability and performance. Two of my teammates are flying RoF on the Pentium 4 PC's and have some not bad fps (30-40). Of course, with the lowest settings, but at least we can fly together on the less populated servers. Smaller maps and the mentioned performance improved allowed people to set more servers, because the server software is no longer so resource eating. I'd say, there is 30% improvement or a bit more.

The 8 flyable planes out of the box, featuring the payware Dr.I, Camel, SE5a is a great deal, too. Previously many people complainded about the low number of the stock planes. Finally, they will get more, and those ones are really iconic birds!

Iam the owner of digital copy, but I am going to buy a box, too. Just to collect it and for the goodies inside.

Good luck and keep up the great work!

Lucas

Lucas,

Sorry for the slow reply. Thanks for the kind words and enthusiasm for ROF:ICE! To answer your question about ROF:ICE in Europe - Yes, it will be distrubuted by Aerosoft just as the original was. So, no change there. They just won't have it for a little but after North America.

And I'm glad to hear you are happy with the improvements that have been made. We are too!

Jason

#3035949 - 06/20/10 09:37 PM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: exhausted]  

Originally Posted By: exhausted
Originally Posted By: BlueHeron
Originally Posted By: exhausted
I'de say you're doing the right thing Fishingnut. The way I see it, ROF was released a year early in an incomplete form and now they're trying to sell a more complete version of the game now.

Personally I'm glad I didn't have to wait until now to buy it; I've gotten a lot of joy from RoF this past year. Even if initially it wasn't the gem it is now, in 2009 it was a solid, stable release with minimal bugs. Maybe lacking in some features, but deliciously playable!

Plus, they made money within that year. Developers don't work for free!

They could have made money and had more satisfied customers had they sold lemonade. The game was advertised in a way that was too good to be true, and I gave them trust and the benefit of the doubt, and it too was too good to be true.

I'm sorry I have to disagree, no one marketed anything that was not true. A lot of people assumed stuff. Regardless, the team did a miraculous job cranking out improvements over the past 12 months based on their original plan and feedback from the public and the situation is much more akin to what Blue Heron said.

Also, I was not involved in the decision by the old owner to release it when they did. Myself, the Team and all involved never liked that idea. Anyways, I hope people are happy that now the engine is more mature and we can build on top of something that works quite well now.

Jason

#3036252 - 06/21/10 12:21 PM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: Avimimus]  
Ziggy Sawdust Offline
Ziggy Sawdust  Offline

Originally Posted By: Avimimus

smile

Except in Canada wink

(although the "Zed" is used by most but not all)

Haha, excellent! biggrin

Thanks for the info Jason. When Aerosoft finally start shipping ICE here in the UK you've got a confirmed customer right here my friend. Can't wait to get it.

*Sigh*... the waiting though... it's killing me! Can't... stop... thinking... about.... Rise.... of Flight.... aaarrrghhhh!!!! Haha! banghead smile

#3039997 - 06/26/10 06:40 AM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: Ziggy Sawdust]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Howdy All,

General questions but probably only Jason can answer.
From which digital merchant(s) will the ROF:ICE download version be available from? Are Steam or Gamersgate considered by any chance?
Only asking because I already have an account with both and would prefer to stick with them! I keep forgetting new passwords and whatnots...

Also, any ETA for the digital version? I'm based in China so box version is not an option.

Anyway, looking forward to this new addition to my flightsiming

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#3040216 - 06/26/10 06:10 PM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: Sluggish Controls]  

Slug,

Digital will come in a few weeks after we establish it in boxed retail. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steam and GamersGate are being considered, but as of right now we don't have a deal with them. We hope to in the future. It will be available on D2D though and our website of course.

I just got back from China a few weeks ago. I hope you have a better Internet connection than I did.

Jason

#3040500 - 06/27/10 03:03 AM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Thx for the quick reply Jason !
You've got a winner here. No worries, I can wait.
Any sim download is at least a 12-hr job from Shanghai. I just got used to it somehow.

Besides low internet speed, I assume you've also fully enjoyed the net nannies's hard work during your stay in China...

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#3040552 - 06/27/10 07:08 AM Re: 777 Studios to Release Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition in North America [Re: Sluggish Controls]  

Yes, no YouTube for a month was a blast! So incredibly annoying not to be able to excercise a simple small freedom like surfing the internet. Anyone who takes America for granted should visit China for a few weeks.

Jason

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.