Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#2602685 - 10/11/08 07:54 PM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience ***** [Re: l3th4l]  
A4H-Hammer Offline
A4H-Hammer  Offline

Nevada USA

very nice i have 40 but nrver flew it much but that will change

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2655932 - 01/20/09 05:16 AM Re: STICKY: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: MigBuster]  
diva Offline
diva  Offline

wah.....nice Superhornet's skin

where i can get the skin like this?

#2658020 - 01/22/09 11:03 PM Re: STICKY: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: diva]  
Panther Offline
Panther  Offline

Originally Posted By: diva
wah.....nice Superhornet's skin

where i can get the skin like this?

You can find many skins available HERE

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
#2660721 - 01/27/09 02:36 AM Re: STICKY: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: Panther]  
diva Offline
diva  Offline

@ Panther

thank buddy......

#2663585 - 01/31/09 02:54 AM Re: STICKY: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: diva]  
diva Offline
diva  Offline

after bombing North Korea airfield

#2722700 - 05/12/09 05:09 AM Campaign mission knife fight! [Re: Novum]  
simpliciter Offline
simpliciter  Offline

Oh man, I just got myself into a furball with Mig21s in my AF Korea2005 campaign. It is only day 2 and there are still lots of enemy planes up, mostly swarms of 21s. Tonight I was doing a 2 ship LGB attack on an underground factory and I knew 21s were in the area on ingress but I wanted to drop my bombs before worrying about them, and CAP flights have been good on my past few missions. However this time on egress I ran pretty much straight into a group of 4 that seemed to pop up out of nowhere at 5-10 miles, I couldn't get a bead on them visually or on radar, didn't know altitude. My wingman was off chasing AN24s because I told him to engage earlier and thought he was going after the 21s while I pulled out of my bomb run.

Anyways I managed to shoot down one of the 21s with an Amraam at short range when I finally managed to pull them up on radar, but in my panic I accidentally ripple fired the rest of my 120s when I meant to lock up the next target! (3 wasted 120s) Then suddenly the merge is all over me and the 3 Migs go every which way, I have barely any SA, I grope around trying to find a target and soon I have a Mig right on my tail and another a few miles behind! I think my wingman finally showed up and shot down a 21 before he crashed into the ground for some reason. I briefly tried to break and get the close 21 off my tail but I pulled too hard and can't get an advantage so I tried extending for awhile in full AB when I realized this guy had no missiles either.

After putting some distance between us I pulled into the vertical for all I was worth but was careful to let up on the Gs when I reached corner velocity. Coming down on top of him it quickly descended into a turning circle with me at an energy advantage and this time slowly but surely he stalled out trying to follow me around the circle and I got on his tail! Unfortunately I missed my gunshot and he dove and ran. I was almost out of fuel and had to let him go. I managed to land at my alternate with like 100 lbs of fuel. I was just glad I didn't accidentally shoot my wingman down with all those errant 120s. For all I know he crashed trying to avoid my missile. One more 21 of the 4 original was unnaccounted for, maybe he bugged out as well.

Asus M3A78T, 450watt PS, Ultra mini tower case, Phenom 9550 (OC to 2.4ghz) quad, 4gb OCZ, Galaxy 450GTS 1GB,Logitech wireless mouse and KB MK550, Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Saitek AV8R joystick, CH Pro Pedals USB.
#2851443 - 08/31/09 05:20 PM Re: Campaign mission knife fight! [Re: simpliciter]  
Goblin Offline
Goblin  Offline

Southeastern PA
So, I recently purchased a Cougar and absolutely love it! So, I downloaded Jagstang's configuration files (slightly modified to allow me to change the hud color) to the cougar and went back into the training missions to get used to the new mapping. In the Air-to-Air Radar training mission, I am used to having my ass handed to me by the migs that seem to be all over the sky with me saying, "where the hell did they all come from?" Well, it wasn't THAT bad -- I'd manage to get a few of them before running out of fuel. Ah, but the cougar changed things: the layout is very well done. I was able to use TWS and fire off two 120s (they went pitbull immediately) to take out two 29s, the thumb the dogfight switch and change to vertical ACM radar and splashed another plane that looked like a mig-19 (not sure what that was, but he was running with the wrong crowd) with an AIM-9. And I still had time to switch to guns and spend the energy on pulling the gun-cross in front of one of two more 29s crossing below me from left to right. He was out of plane, but I couldn't miss. After that I unloaded and went to the deck in full AB. Looking behind me I watched two turn and chase me. With all my new energy I went vertical with a slow pull -- I think they lost me for a bit, because they were slow to start their climb. at about 20K I pulled the nose down hard and lost a lot of airspeed. During the pull, a my RWR chirped and showed a 29 had me on his radar, but I have the advantage of knowing that he doesn't have any missiles and I've got all the energy. So, I sent two 120s after him, switched to AIM9s and splashed the trailing plane (again, it looked like a 19, but I'm not sure). At this point I get my fuel warning and I'm feeling pretty good as I start looking for a place to land -- I've never gotten this far in this training mission. I was feeling pretty good as I was heading toward the coast when I see tracers wizzing over my canopy slightly to the right. I break hard left, and am trying to not present a solution to the shooter while I'm frantically looking for him. Back on the burner now, I'm getting the fuel warning and finally see the shooter running away to the north. Decided not to follow -- by now my goal is to land. Couldn't find a runway and saw what looked like a long dark street and decided to give it a shot. Came down over some trees and touched down. Hit the brakes and just about stopped. Hit the trees at the far end and exploded!

#2889655 - 10/28/09 07:18 PM Re: Campaign mission knife fight! [Re: Goblin]  
Pepperoni Offline
Confirmed Hostile
Pepperoni  Offline
Confirmed Hostile

Kansas City, Missouri
The inverted flat-spin. God help you if you ever get into one during a Campaign

FS98/2000/X
F-22 Lightning 3
Battlefield Vietnam
Falcon 4.0 AF
#2908323 - 11/26/09 06:07 AM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: Dwukwiat]  
diva Offline
diva  Offline

Originally Posted By: Dwukwiat
One more:

da*n, you are flying very low, good flying buddy cheers

#2941976 - 01/18/10 07:17 PM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: Novum]  
Pepperoni Offline
Confirmed Hostile
Pepperoni  Offline
Confirmed Hostile

Kansas City, Missouri
New Personal Record: 9 Air Kills
Too bad I only took 5 missiles :\

FS98/2000/X
F-22 Lightning 3
Battlefield Vietnam
Falcon 4.0 AF
#2998837 - 04/21/10 12:56 PM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: Pepperoni]  
Coco Offline
Coco  Offline

Australia
This is a little story when we flew Head to Head with the Multi-Vipers and we were the Russians...
Getting swept from the skies high overhead, I thought I might go in low!

" I was getting shot down more times than I was willing to admit and so I thought, lets change our strategy and jump into an SU39... fly low and slow and nose cold.
Taxing at 45kts, I turned onto the runway off Bravo ( big mistake ! ) and pushed the throttle to burner.... oppps no burner! 70... 80... 100... 110... com' on you beast! 120... fence is in my HUD! 130... pull baby pull!!! 145... gear up....
cleared the fence!!! okay flaps up, 210... geez this thing is slow... I guess having 8 500kg. bombs doesnt help any... Level at angels...... 0.15 ( thats 150ft ! ) Content that I was still flying and hadn't crashed on takeoff I turned the radar
off, silent wasn't silent enough... I didn't want anyone to know who, what , where I was.

Picking up speed now at 450kts I skimmed the hills and dropped into the valleys. It was nice seeing things from down here as I was use to flying with the altostratus at 40,000. I had target steerpoint selected and was trying to offset my course by about 45 degrees so as not to look obvious that I was heading to Seoul should I be picked up by Jstars or Awacs. With CCIP selected and single bomb rips I was set. The RWR was clean and the east coast of North Korea was bustling with traffic and people all heading North? Huh, oh yeah there's a war going on and the imperialists are winning! But with me low and cold it wouldnt be long before I would turn the tables on the enemy... ICP cruz, TOT 10 minutes...
Looking good. slight turn to the south east 130... TOT 5 minutes, A-G CCIP selected... bit of right rudder (too low to dip my wings) to heading 150... target is just 5 miles away... lining it up in the HUD...

#%&*$#!!!! F16 bugging me dead ahead! come on baby push push!! 500kts over the hill 3 miles to target... INBOUND MISSILE!!! program 4 chaff chaff, flare flare flare!!! BANG!!! a huge shutter goes through the aircraft, the right wing dips and I'm nose 2 degrees down, come on you piece a $#(! Trim it, trim it!!! okay I'm good but now I'm heading North again! What do I do... To hell with! Turn back South and finish 'em off... OKAY CCIP is still working... should I test it and drop a bomb and see if it flies... Nah, might blow myself up at 100 ft AGL! I forged ahead for another mile, my Christmas tree had two or three lights on, not sure as I was full left rudder and doing 380kts, injured and shuddering I pressed ahead!

What was that!!! ping ping clink!!! Tracers over the top, I try and jink left, I'm smoking now and my HUD disappears... there go the MFD's, the Master Caution is back on! #%&*$#, it's al over!!! As I roll lazily to the right I eject...
I'm shot out at a 90 degreee angle at 100ft. My chute opens and I hit the ground hard... both legs broken I crawl under a bush and hide waiting for AHIP to come pick me up in his Apache...

The Shame, the agony, its all too much to bare... As I reach for my pistol I hear a crackle on the radio, the war is over... Not knowing if we won or lost I put my pistol away and wait for the rescue chopper.

What awaits me is probably more painful than defeat... I close my eyes and remember my family and all that was good... I'll be okay I tell myself... Never give up!!!"

#3008494 - 05/08/10 04:47 AM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: Coco]  
ReallyBadPilot Offline
ReallyBadPilot  Offline

Iron Fortress 1998: after losing 2 airbases right away, a lot of squadrons crammed into the remaining two. There was quite a line up to take-off!

#3050919 - 07/13/10 03:10 AM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: l3th4l]  
BLuDKLoT Offline
VETERANS-GAMING
BLuDKLoT  Offline
VETERANS-GAMING

Hemet, CA
Heres some recent formation flying we did in MP:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VeteransGaming#p/u/0/faZI406SE8Y

Blud

#3056699 - 07/21/10 03:46 AM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: BLuDKLoT]  
Skunk1_Viking Offline
Skunkworks Developer & PR
Skunk1_Viking  Offline
Skunkworks Developer & PR

Anchorage, Alaska
Nice skins BluD wink

#3122296 - 10/23/10 08:34 PM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: BLuDKLoT]  
C3PO_1 Offline
C3PO_1  Offline

Originally Posted By: BLuDKLoT
Heres some recent formation flying we did in MP:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VeteransGaming#p/u/0/faZI406SE8Y

Blud

Great video smile

Mike Laskey did a brilliant job on the MP positional update code.

NOW: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + 2 x 1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 drive + 4K 40" monitor + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder + TrackIR 5

BEFORE (now back-up): Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps
#3122865 - 10/24/10 08:16 PM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: Novum]  
SoBad Offline
SoBad  Offline

Georgia, USA
Blud, what software are you using to video-record this? The video framerates are excellent...

Hardware: AMD Quad-core 2.8Gh w/ 4Gb RAM, ATI-4550 w/ 1Gb RAM, Dual-monitor (37" 16:10, 24" 16:9), Saitek X52Pro HOTAS, TrackIR5
Software: Windows 7/64-bit, Falcon 4/AF 1.0.13, HiTiles, Aeyes 3D pits, Gunny Soundpak, Skunkworks AF-2012 Mod
User: Homo Sapien, version 3-score, bio-neural logic circuits with YAH (young-at-heart) overlay
#3392256 - 09/17/11 11:48 PM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: Novum]  
Baztid Offline
Baztid  Offline

Luleå/Norrbotten Sweden
Hi all!

Would just like to share this little video i made with my friend Justin smile
Thanks SimHQ for a great webpage and also ofc to the community!

Last edited by Baztid; 10/13/11 06:08 PM.

Im sure the world has always had its share of #%&*$# idiots, but before the Internet you were less likely to meet them.
#3418555 - 10/26/11 01:53 AM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: Novum]  
TheRatt Offline
TheRatt  Offline

Hello, I thought I would like to try to play the Falcon 4 game again. I had tried it a few years ago, but I stopped because learning all the buttons was just a pain the butt. I decided to stick IL2 1946 instead. Well I suck at that game, so I decided to try the Falcon 4 series one more time. Let me just say that this sim does nothing but piss me off. Nothing works. I think the most annoying thing of all is the radar. After having nothing but problem with the radar I decided to check at takeoff if it was working. After checking out and seeing that all is working I take off. I get to the checkpoint and start looking for targets only to find out that apparently you can only use your ground radar once. This has happened numerous times. Other times I get the ground radar to come on, but can't move the cursor. Or other times I have the ground radar on, ordinance selected, switch back to AA and then I can't get back to ground radar. I thought this game would be fun, and I knew it would be difficult, but my god, nothing works. I don't understand how the Falcon 4 community has gotten such a following when nothing works in this stupid game.

After getting disgusted with Falcon 4 AF, I decided to try Free Falcon, with pretty much the same result. I started the game and had no throttle. I figured that out and tried to play a campaign. I got shot down screwing around with the ground radar and not being able to lock on a target, and then when I tried another mission, the screen just stayed blue. The hell with this stupid game!@!

#3418599 - 10/26/11 03:30 AM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: Novum]  
EinsteinEP Offline
Just a Noob
EinsteinEP  Offline
Just a Noob

Tucson, AZ
Ratt, I'm sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with the game, but it sounds like you were expecting an easy-action push button game as opposed to a high fidelity simulation. The issues you mention all sound like normal behavior for the Falcon platform: Switching master modes (e.g., AG to AA) changes the displays on the MFDs, such as changing from the ground radar to the air to air radar mode on the left MFD. The ground radar MFD has to be selected as the sensor of interest (SOI) for the slew control to move the radar cursor. Etc.

If cracking open a book and spending hours learning how systems work or which button does what isn't your cup of tea, then simulation mode in the Falcon series probably aren't going to work for you! I'll also give you a heads up that the DCS series (Black Shark and A-10C) are much more of the same! There are easy avionics modes to those games, however, for folks that want to skip all the technical stuff that you might find more enjoyable. Falcon's dynamic campaign really has to be experienced, and you can enjoy it just fine in easy avionics mode.

Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
#3499898 - 01/21/12 02:24 AM Re: Share your Falcon AF Experience [Re: Novum]  
Mizzy Offline
Mizzy  Offline

This product was dead before it launched and they charged money, what a disgrace for charging money !! tut tut. Anyway I never bought it so no loss to me I suppose. Let this be a lesson to people who take up donated community software and try and make money! big load of sh*t Falcon AF was :-)

Kind regards

Mizzy

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.