Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2962872 - 10/14/09 09:12 PM I am going NUTS!  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
No matter what I do, what way (charge or slow), tactical or direct... left side, right side, center... I can NOT get pass the objective in mission 7 where you have to take out the AT gunners before the support vehicles get there... go to slow you live, mission fails because support dies... go to fast you die...

I've played that one 10 minute section for 3 days, 10 to 15 load last checkpoints a day... god I want to get past it and move ON!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2962873 - 10/14/09 10:24 PM Re: I am going NUTS! [Re: Magnum]  
JoeyJoJo Offline
Wurkin' man
JoeyJoJo  Offline
Wurkin' man
Hotshot

Colorado high-country
nuke'em...it's the only way to be sure

Last edited by NoUseForAName; 10/14/09 10:25 PM.
#2962874 - 10/15/09 12:00 AM Re: I am going NUTS! [Re: JoeyJoJo]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I got there with less than 2 magazines, it drove me nuts!
There's an ammo crate but it's got next to NOTHING in it. LOL

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#2962875 - 10/15/09 01:01 AM Re: I am going NUTS! [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Snake_Pliskinn Offline
Snake_Pliskinn  Offline

Enterprise, AL
Use the artillery missions you have. As soon as you get to transmitting one, move your bino's to the next. The good news is it only gets harder further up that hill:)
Ah, was thinking of a mission further down the road.

Maybe some spoilers...you've been WARNED! Charge

Ah, just looked, on Msn 7 (Break the PLA Line) you don't necessarily have to get all the AT teams first. The mortar observers do have to be killed rather quickly though. You do get an artillery mission to help with that. One of the AT teams may flee into the woods behind the line of sandbagged positions. There is also an AT team in the woods on the left side of the road in the woods (to to the left side of the road as you advance. I'd recommend picking up a PLA marksman's rifle from the first group you encounter just after the mission starts and you'll have the opportunity to have plenty of PLA ammo as you go along. I stay semi-auto for the whole mission.

Last edited by Snake_Pliskinn; 10/15/09 04:25 AM.
#2962876 - 10/15/09 02:11 AM Re: I am going NUTS! [Re: Snake_Pliskinn]  
Quickcord Offline
XBL/PSN-Quickcord
Quickcord  Offline
XBL/PSN-Quickcord

Maryland
Another tip I can give is to check downed enemies for AT rockets/launchers(Queen Bee?) and use them against the emplacements to thin them out.
Sometimes you can knock the objectives out without using your primary weapon. If this is the mission with the MG and AT teams on the hill, it took me a few times too.

Quickcord

NZXT Phantom 630 Case
AMD FX 8350
16GB Corsair Vengence, ASUS Crosshair Formula Z
RX480, Samsung 840 Pro 128 Gig SSD, WD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850w PSU
#2962877 - 10/15/09 08:22 AM Re: I am going NUTS! [Re: Quickcord]  
FranMulhern Offline
FranMulhern  Offline

Took me a number of attempts to get past that one, and I can't remember how I did it now. I do remember trying a number of times using the AFV to get me close, most resulting in my death:)

I did do mission 2 on hardcore last night (night ops, sunburn, radar) and managed to get to the sunburn without firing a single shot, and finish the entire mission without changing mags. Very proud of that!

**Possible spoiler**

I'm currently doing the campaign on hardcore - not looking forward to the mission where you have to knock out the AAA before Trident arrives (mission 9?). In experienced mode I REALLY struggled to get both vehicles before Trident got shot down. God knows how I'll manage it on hardcore.

**End Spoiler**

#2962878 - 10/16/09 01:15 PM Re: I am going NUTS! [Re: FranMulhern]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
I finally got passed it after 3 days and 20 plus "load last checkpoints"... then of course the next objective is now working on 2 days and 15 reloads...

Where you have to take out the perimeter fighting positions before the assault on the fuel station can take place... you only got a certain amount of time to do it... I get that part by sending my team on a right flank then suppress while i take the marksman rifle and slowly put a hole in each head... we succeed their when we get the order to commence the assault into the fuel station... so I high tail it in, it's timed again (I don't know why our friendly forces can't wait till it's all clear before moving in, what is the reason for the quick and ridiculous time limit), I have to move alway over to the other side of the station (where is all these teams that were on the perimeter at the beginning... I take 2 out of the 3 down, sighting in on the last person... to long mission aborted... reload repeat... holy moly they sure are trying hard to make this a run and gun with those dumbass time limits.

#2962879 - 10/17/09 06:31 PM Re: I am going NUTS! [Re: Magnum]  
The Blackbird Offline
The Blackbird  Offline

Belgium
I have just done this mission on hardcore mode, in one try. I must admit I have been lucky with some encounters with the enemy.

Now, the way I did it was pretty straightforward: advance slowly, from cover to cover and take any resistance out from far away. The marksman rifle does a great job at that.

Used wedge formation when advancing, formation line when I had the enemy pinpointed. No additional tactical commands used (except MEDIC, hehe).

But I share your frustration with other missions. I had to redo mission 6 (sabotage fuel depot) about 15 times on hardcore mode. Yes, that's 15 x a very long walk. :s

Hang in there smile

Edit/PS: I did not use the available artillery strike. I didn't feel it was necessary. And I always manage to get shot when trying to call one, for some reason.

Last edited by The Blackbird; 10/17/09 06:36 PM.
#2962880 - 10/17/09 09:52 PM Re: I am going NUTS! [Re: Magnum]  
Malleus Offline
Malleus  Offline

Hungary
Originally Posted By: Magnum
...in mission 7 where you have to take out the AT gunners before the support vehicles get there... go to slow you live, mission fails because support dies... go to fast you die...

I see you got past that part, but still, I'm curious - is there no way to tell said support units something like "hey guys, just step off the gas for a minute while I clear the area for you" or something? Any believable reason why they can't stop?

#2962881 - 10/18/09 03:33 AM Re: I am going NUTS! [Re: Malleus]  
Skater Offline
Skater  Offline

NYC
I have a problem on the Hip Shot Mission (sabotage Fuel depot). The helicopter won'tr take off. I have killed everything. Even went hunting for stuff. Even got the bonus objectives that they don't tell you about (the fuel trucks are the bonus obj BTW). Can't get the damn chopper to lift off... What gives?

The only obj left is rendevous with team at extraction point. I am at the extraction point, 2 of my 3 guys are with me, the other got sniped after we hit the fuel depot pump, and the chopper is sitting on the ground in front of me rotors spinning... What will make the bird go bye bye?

-Skater

"As Iron Sharpens Iron, so does a friend sharpen a friend." Proverbs 27:17
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart
"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
#2962882 - 10/18/09 06:27 PM Re: I am going NUTS! [Re: Skater]  
The Blackbird Offline
The Blackbird  Offline

Belgium
Originally Posted By: Skater
I have a problem on the Hip Shot Mission (sabotage Fuel depot). The helicopter won'tr take off. I have killed everything. Even went hunting for stuff. Even got the bonus objectives that they don't tell you about (the fuel trucks are the bonus obj BTW). Can't get the damn chopper to lift off... What gives?

The only obj left is rendevous with team at extraction point. I am at the extraction point, 2 of my 3 guys are with me, the other got sniped after we hit the fuel depot pump, and the chopper is sitting on the ground in front of me rotors spinning... What will make the bird go bye bye?

-Skater

Entering the helicopter smile

But seriously, if you're all aboard, and it's not lifting, then it must be a bug. Worked fine with me.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.