Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2945239 - 01/22/10 10:40 PM Steel Fury - Pz IV F1 ?  
JG53_Jaguar Offline
JG53_Jaguar  Offline

Hmm...when I installed SF originally 2 - 3 days ago I had the Mark IV Special (Pz IV F2). Now after I installed Steel Panzer 1.4 mod and the unofficial mod 0.1 eng...I now for some reason have either the F-1 or the E model...using the short barrel 75m canon. How the heck do I get my Mark IV Special back?

Thanks!

Peter

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2945370 - 01/23/10 01:17 AM Re: Steel Fury - Pz IV F1 ? [Re: JG53_Jaguar]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Yeah that Pz IV model switch is caused by the SP 1.4 mod Peter sigh For some reason when they did the SP 1.4 mod they made the PzIV F1 model the tank for the first 2 or 3 missions of the campaign, after those missions I do believe you get the PzIV F2 back. I agree with you also I have no love for the PzIV F1 either, wish they would have just left the well enough alone on that one WinkNGrin.

The Unofficial Mod has no bearing on this PzIV model switch as it only addressed some localization errors and a few game bugs. I'm not even sure you need it if your using the SP 1.4 mod. My understanding is the SP mods were cumulative, so when you activate SP 1.4 your also getting all of the previous SP mods back to SP 1.0 which I think included the Unoffical Patch (could be wrong on this one). Just so there is no confusion Pete in my other posts about activating the Unofficial Patch last in JSGME was only because the latest mods coming from the RU (like Tiger Mod 0.98) changed the English game user interface to Russian. By activating the Unofficial Mod last it changed the game user interface back to English.
cheers

P.S. You could try installing the previous SP 1.3 mod instead of SP 1.4, that would get you your PzIV F2's back but you would be giving up anything new or improved that was added in SP 1.4. I would compare both SP 1.3 and SP 1.4 read me text and see if rolling back would be a viable option for you.

Last edited by godzilla1985; 01/23/10 01:22 AM. Reason: Added

"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
#2945681 - 01/23/10 02:42 PM Re: Steel Fury - Pz IV F1 ? [Re: godzilla1985]  
JG53_Jaguar Offline
JG53_Jaguar  Offline

Originally Posted By: godzilla1985
Yeah that Pz IV model switch is caused by the SP 1.4 mod Peter sigh For some reason when they did the SP 1.4 mod they made the PzIV F1 model the tank for the first 2 or 3 missions of the campaign, after those missions I do believe you get the PzIV F2 back. I agree with you also I have no love for the PzIV F1 either, wish they would have just left the well enough alone on that one WinkNGrin.

The Unofficial Mod has no bearing on this PzIV model switch as it only addressed some localization errors and a few game bugs. I'm not even sure you need it if your using the SP 1.4 mod. My understanding is the SP mods were cumulative, so when you activate SP 1.4 your also getting all of the previous SP mods back to SP 1.0 which I think included the Unoffical Patch (could be wrong on this one). Just so there is no confusion Pete in my other posts about activating the Unofficial Patch last in JSGME was only because the latest mods coming from the RU (like Tiger Mod 0.98) changed the English game user interface to Russian. By activating the Unofficial Mod last it changed the game user interface back to English.
cheers

P.S. You could try installing the previous SP 1.3 mod instead of SP 1.4, that would get you your PzIV F2's back but you would be giving up anything new or improved that was added in SP 1.4. I would compare both SP 1.3 and SP 1.4 read me text and see if rolling back would be a viable option for you.

Hey Godzilla,

Thanks for the info, I only played the first mission in the campaign and had the Pz IV F1 model. So hopefully as you said, I will get the F2 model later on in the campaign. The thing that got me worried was the fact that all the single missions (not in campaign) even though they have listed Pz IV F2, once I'm actually in the mission I'm actually driving Pz IV F1. So I was worried that The Pz IV F2 was overwritten by Pz IV F1. I'm also playing the StuG IIID campaign and man that's a tough one. The Short barrel 75mm canon is lousy against the K-1s or T-34s...the shots just bounce off the enemy armor.

PS: I will stay with the SP 1.4 mod...as it has a lot of great features, I just though that somehow I screwed up the mod installation or something and that is why I no longer have Pz IV F2.

#2945931 - 01/23/10 10:09 PM Re: Steel Fury - Pz IV F1 ? [Re: JG53_Jaguar]  
Xambrium Offline
Xambrium  Offline

Just play the first missions with the Pz4F1! Its a good lesson! And the missions well balanced for the Pz4F1! Charge

#2945991 - 01/24/10 01:11 AM Re: Steel Fury - Pz IV F1 ? [Re: JG53_Jaguar]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Just remember with the StuGIII to pick a good hidee hole, pick your shots carefully and before it starts to heat up move fast and find another hidee hole hahaha I havn't played the StugIII campaign in long,long while (way before SP 1.4) but I seemed to remember getting pasted in a mission in the Soviet Army Group South campaign in my T-34 by a StuGIII dizzy I never seen him till he moved out into the open to finish me off eek2

And Xambrium is right playing in the PzIV F1 is a lesson learned (you will learn to appreciate the F2) hahaha
Only kidding Xambrium wink

Last edited by godzilla1985; 01/24/10 01:17 AM. Reason: Added

#2946476 - 01/25/10 01:42 AM Re: Steel Fury - Pz IV F1 ? [Re: godzilla1985]  
JG53_Jaguar Offline
JG53_Jaguar  Offline

Ok cool, thanks guys! I only played the first mission with Pz IV F1, so let's hope later on I get my IV Special smile

Godzilla, It's so true about the StuG III, the assault gun should fire few rounds and then move to another position - that's how it was in real life as well. I'm, I think in a 4th mission I'm suppose to be defending a hill/small village and another hill near by is overrun by the enemy. As soon as the enemy attacks with T-34s against the hill that I'm defending then things gets tough. Too many enemy tanks attack from 3 different directions and my platoon gets nailed sooner or later. I will try different tactics...the thing is though I don't have much time to setup my defensive positions as the Russian overrun the first hill right at the beginning of the mission. The SutG III is much harder campaign to play. The Pz IIIJ campaign was pretty easy...man this is a great sim!

#2946550 - 01/25/10 03:27 AM Re: Steel Fury - Pz IV F1 ? [Re: JG53_Jaguar]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Somethings you can try, pressing #7, this will give an order to the driver to "Get Cover". Use your map, it maybe possible work your way around the enemy and attack from the rear or sides were he's most vulnerable. Also use the exterior view to find new vantage points or even possible choke points. The hardest thing to master is knowing when to bug out and move to another position. One or two shots and your okay, more then that and your really pushing it. Another item to check out is the "free camera mod". I don't use it, but if I understood it purpose correctly it changes your camera views so you can move over the battlefield rather then being fixed to views around your tank. I don't see it as a cheat for AT weapons like the StuGIII. If your going to defend an area your going to want to know where to move if your original postion becomes detrimental to your health biggrin As I'm sure real life AT commanders did also. I don't know if pressing the games "pause" key freezes the action and will let you look around for another position, but it's worth a shot to try.

#2946648 - 01/25/10 09:11 AM Re: Steel Fury - Pz IV F1 ? [Re: JG53_Jaguar]  
1_m Offline
1_m  Offline

Originally Posted By: JG53_Jaguar
Hmm...when I installed SF originally 2 - 3 days ago I had the Mark IV Special (Pz IV F2). Now after I installed Steel Panzer 1.4 mod and the unofficial mod 0.1 eng...I now for some reason have either the F-1 or the E model...using the short barrel 75m canon. How the heck do I get my Mark IV Special back?

Thanks!

Peter

This is error of Steel Panzer Mod.

Assistant Deputy Backup Courier
#2946735 - 01/25/10 02:58 PM Re: Steel Fury - Pz IV F1 ? [Re: 1_m]  
JG53_Jaguar Offline
JG53_Jaguar  Offline

Originally Posted By: 1_m
Originally Posted By: JG53_Jaguar

Thanks!

Peter

This is error of Steel Panzer Mod.

Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks

#2946738 - 01/25/10 03:01 PM Re: Steel Fury - Pz IV F1 ? [Re: godzilla1985]  
JG53_Jaguar Offline
JG53_Jaguar  Offline

Originally Posted By: godzilla1985
Somethings you can try, pressing #7, this will give an order to the driver to "Get Cover". Use your map, it maybe possible work your way around the enemy and attack from the rear or sides were he's most vulnerable. Also use the exterior view to find new vantage points or even possible choke points. The hardest thing to master is knowing when to bug out and move to another position. One or two shots and your okay, more then that and your really pushing it. Another item to check out is the "free camera mod". I don't use it, but if I understood it purpose correctly it changes your camera views so you can move over the battlefield rather then being fixed to views around your tank. I don't see it as a cheat for AT weapons like the StuGIII. If your going to defend an area your going to want to know where to move if your original postion becomes detrimental to your health biggrin As I'm sure real life AT commanders did also. I don't know if pressing the games "pause" key freezes the action and will let you look around for another position, but it's worth a shot to try.

I was thinking about getting the free camera mode...but so far I didn't really need it. I might get it, thanks for the suggestion.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.