Pa

snow mod by stone2009

"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2910705 - 11/30/09 09:56 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: godzilla1985]  
Schweppes Offline
Schweppes  Offline

Nordland, Norway
Dang! that looks great! Are there new missions in this mod or is it just retextured old ones. But anyway it still looks great and i would like to try it if possible. After a few months without playing much i did some missions this weekend, such a great sim.

Those that forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.
#2910723 - 11/30/09 10:28 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: Schweppes]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
very nice... still love this game, more mods/missions would be nice.

#2910776 - 11/30/09 11:58 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: Schweppes]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Originally Posted By: Schweppes
Dang! that looks great! Are there new missions in this mod or is it just retextured old ones. But anyway it still looks great and i would like to try it if possible. After a few months without playing much i did some missions this weekend, such a great sim.

Hi Schweppes,
The shots I posted here are from one of the SPM 1.4 missions. You can either apply the mod thru JSGME and have all the campaign missions/single missions/user made missions you have installed in SFK42 changed over to winter or as I understand it you can apply it only to a single mission or campaign you (or others) make with the game editor. I have played most of the campaigns/single missions and user missions in it's original setting so I just used JSGME and swapped it all over to use the winter mod. It's like playing a totally different game and if I want to go back I just make inactive the winter mod through JSGME and no more winter biggrin. A word of caution, this mod has been out for awhile (came out sometime after the SPM 1.2) so if you get this mod and decide to go the JSGME route make sure to make inactive any mods you have installed after SPM 1.2 (like SPM 1.3 & 1.4), apply the winter mod, then reactivate the rest of your mods. If you don't do this and you activate the winter mod last you will get an error message in any campaigns or single missions released with SPM 1.3 and 1.4. As far as new missions there are several, this mod was developed and is used in conjunction with a mission called "column" by tanx and stone2009 which can be found at the tanksim.org.ru site in the RU dl section. I didn't DL the mission because I think it was made for the RU version and I don't know if the mission is compatible with the western release (it doesn't say in the read me). But the snow mod is compatible with both versions. The other missions are also RU developed and again I don't know if they will work with western version again doesn't say in the read me. I did manage to find some missions made by fabianfred for the western release. Three are single missions and I think one is a campaign (havn't checked it out yet}. I just DL'ed them this weekend and have only installed and played two of the three single missions. The one "Advance to Contact" you are in command of a PzIII in a small platoon of mixed PzIII's and PzIV, you have to advance on a road that runs through a village, only problem is the Russians have the same ideal. As you approach the town so does the Russian armour and I mean LOT'S of Russian armour skyisfalling. Only mission I ever played in SFK42 on the German side where I ran out of armour rounds with lots of Russian tanks still around. The other mission "Chance Meeting" puts you in command of a T-34 with no real objective other then to get from point A to point B. But it's a hairy mission, lots of hidden AT's and German tanks in pretty good hull down positions. I havn't played the the last single mission yet "Infantry Assault" it's a German mission and your in command of a Sdkfz. None of these single missions have mission briefs but they are straight foward and covered in the read me file, there are no secondary objectives.

#2910777 - 12/01/09 12:01 AM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: Magnum]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Originally Posted By: Magnum
very nice... still love this game, more mods/missions would be nice.

I hear ya Magnum, but the tools all are there for anyone who wants to take a crack at it. I have finally printed out the editor user manual. I going to study it for awhile and watch some tutorials that are out there and give it a shot, wish me luck biggrin

#2911283 - 12/01/09 08:43 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: godzilla1985]  
Schweppes Offline
Schweppes  Offline

Nordland, Norway
Thank you very much for the torough explanation godzilla. I have been searching for the winter mod but i cant find it on Tanksim.ru and the Panzersim site is closed down. Can you tell me where you got it? i am very interested in trying it and good luck with the mission building, it would be great with more missions for this sim:)

#2911429 - 12/01/09 11:34 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: Schweppes]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Thank you very much for the torough explanation godzilla. I have been searching for the winter mod but i cant find it on Tanksim.ru and the Panzersim site is closed down. Can you tell me where you got it? i am very interested in trying it and good luck with the mission building, it would be great with more missions for this sim:)

Hi Schweppes,
I was wondering what happened to the Panzersim site, but I don't think this mod was ever there.
Okay at the tanksim.RU site you can translate the page to find the mission and mods using the Google Translator there, but do not try to download files when this translator is running or it won't work. What I did was use the translator went to the RU download section, read the missions and stuff then closed the site out, came back in and just navigated the RU downloads section from memory. But here's where you need to go not using the Goggle translator.
MAIN PAGE: Click on Downloads at the top of the page
NEXT PAGE: Look at the "MAIN CATAGORY LISTINGS", look at the sub catagory at the top left. It will have some Russian words but will have "1942 (32)" in the title, click on that.
NEXT PAGE: Again in the "Catagory Listings" click on the first one. it will have a Russian word and a (7) next to it.
NEXT PAGE: Look at the first DL listed it will be a Russian word with (OT stone2009) next to it, click on "View Full Details"
NEXT PAGE: You will know if your at the right page because you will see under the "Features screens" four screens of the column mission w/the winter mod applied (be sure to click on the screens and check them out, very nice). Right above those screens is a black box with the header "description" in that box you will see three things highlighted "SPM 1.3" "Winter_Mod_Beta2" "Read me" click on the "Winter_Mod_Beta2" and it will start your DL. Again I would suggest going into the Russian SFK42 DL section using the Google translator first as there is all kind of interesting stuff in there, just remember not to DL anything with the translator running.
Okay to find the Western version missions and video lessions I was telling you about, go to the main tanksim.RU screen. You won't need the translator for this one. Look in the left column and you will see a section called "Steel Fury English" click on "downloads" and a drop down menu will appear, select "video lessions" and you will go to another page. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you will see "Look also video-lessions in English (by fabianfred)" click on this. You will then be transfered to a site called 4 shared and there are all the video lessons and missions you can DL. Hope this helps you find what your looking for.
Cheers

Last edited by godzilla1985; 12/01/09 11:43 PM.

#2911441 - 12/01/09 11:57 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: godzilla1985]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
One thing I forgot to mention guys, don't be put off by the low FPS being shown by FRAPS and the in game FPS counter in my screens I took. I'm still having problems using the in game screenshot feature (I do not think it's a game bug, but a conflict with something in my computer), so I'm using FRAPS to take screens. Problem was everytime I would run FRAPS in game my FPS were lower then normal and when I would take a screenshot with FRAPS my FPS would really nose dive. I have a mid range rig (with a not so good video card) and running at 1400x900 with all effects on and the detail slider set at medium my FPS when not running FRAPS in game are anywhere between 30-40 depending on whats happening.

Last edited by godzilla1985; 12/02/09 10:17 AM.

#2911472 - 12/02/09 01:00 AM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: godzilla1985]  
Hammer* Offline
Hammer*  Offline

Norwich, CT
Is it available in the US yet?

Yep, I don't post allot. But I still love you.
#2911487 - 12/02/09 01:45 AM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: Hammer*]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Hammer you mean Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 or 1943 FRONTROADS? The screens I posted are a mod for Steel Fury Kharkov 1942, afaik Steel Fury Kharkov 1943 FRONTROADS has not been released to the western market yet and it is not a tank sim but more a tank RTS game. Still looks pretty good though.

#2911529 - 12/02/09 03:09 AM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: godzilla1985]  
Hammer* Offline
Hammer*  Offline

Norwich, CT
My bad, I was thinking of 1943 FR. I gave up on SF, which I enjoyed, because the support died and bugs were never addressed. The modding community seemed to have given up as well. Installing mods was a real PITA if I remember right. But is modders are getting interested again maybe some life will come into the game.

Thanks for posting

Yep, I don't post allot. But I still love you.
#2911585 - 12/02/09 06:19 AM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: godzilla1985]  
1_m Offline
1_m  Offline

Originally Posted By: godzilla1985
The other missions are also RU developed and again I don't know if they will work with western version again doesn't say in the read me.

After using the "Unofficial patch for Steel Fury v0.1 (eng)" English version = Russian version. The difference between these versions is only localized text files that modders usually don't change.
Therefore practically all mods for Russian version will work also and in the western version.

Originally Posted By: Hammer*
I gave up on SF, which I enjoyed, because the support died and bugs were never addressed. The modding community seemed to have given up as well. Installing mods was a real PITA if I remember right.

Yes. Official support of the Russian and western publisher has died, but developers Graviteam still continue to support whenever possible to players and modders community.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0
and Russian community in sukhoi.ru
http://sukhoi.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=156 (Google translate)

I don't know much about the Western community, but the Russian modders community continues to exist and to make new mods and models of vehicles.

From topic Steel Fury -> Modeling
http://sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=57251

Assistant Deputy Backup Courier
#2911901 - 12/02/09 07:41 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: godzilla1985]  
Schweppes Offline
Schweppes  Offline

Nordland, Norway
Thanks again for your help godzilla it works and i have been playing the old single missions wich with this mod is like new missions. I like the open landscape we get from the winter mod.

1_m Great links! good to see that modders are still working on this excellent sim!

#2911957 - 12/02/09 08:53 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: Schweppes]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Thanks again for your help godzilla it works and i have been playing the old single missions wich with this mod is like new missions. I like the open landscape we get from the winter mod.

1_m Great links! good to see that modders are still working on this excellent sim!

Hi Schweppes,
Glad you found it and was able to get it in your missions. This morning I realized that there were a few steps I left out at the very end about the dl of the winter mod. I agree the winter mod really does give SFK42 the "feel" of wide open space. In my mind when I think of armour conflict on the WW2 eastern front winter just pops right in there WinkNGrin
I'm very glad 1_m came along with the news that the RU missions should be compatible with the western version of SFK42, thats a huge plus. I did know about the Sukhoi site but did not think there was anything there but game discussion, now I think I will go back and look more closely.

#2911962 - 12/02/09 08:57 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: 1_m]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Hello 1_m,
Thank you very much for the info you have posted, it is greatly appreciated and will be very helpful. If you have time do you think you can list some of the new mods and missions we here at SimHQ might not be aware of SFK42?
Cheers

#2912013 - 12/02/09 10:07 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: godzilla1985]  
HarryM Offline
Hotshot
HarryM  Offline
Hotshot

Paso Robles, CA USA
Nice to see it is still being worked on (mods), have been playing it alot lately.

#2912361 - 12/03/09 11:41 AM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: godzilla1985]  
1_m Offline
1_m  Offline

Hello 1_m,
Thank you very much for the info you have posted, it is greatly appreciated and will be very helpful. If you have time do you think you can list some of the new mods and missions we here at SimHQ might not be aware of SFK42?
Cheers

Hello godzilla1985

..last mods and missions

----------
Missions and mods by stone2009
http://sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=55205 (google translate)

Texture mod: Pz. III, Pz. IIC, Mk. II Matilda III, Pz. J1 in a desert camouflage
The final version of the winter mod
Hotfix Package for vehicles
Mission "Battle for Sidi Rezegh" (for NSU desert Mod Beta1)
Mission "unknown hill"

Missions for winter mod:
1. Mission "Column"
2. Mission "Battle for village" (fixed version)

Steel Sound Mod collection

The company "Sobolevsky region" ( T-34 ) (hotfix)
Mission v.Mladovoe "( PZIII )"

Markers color mod (by SHUN) (google translate)
---------

Playable T-34-85 (added new tank) by stone2009 (testing version)
http://sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=1310373#post1310373 (google translate)

added cockpit from T-34-76 for T-34-85 by SHUN
http://sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=1318826#post1318826 (google translate)

Playable T-60 by stone2009
http://sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=1322721#post1322721 (google translate)

Trophy mod by SHUN
http://sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=59500 (google translate)

...and more wacky

#2912702 - 12/03/09 08:25 PM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: 1_m]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Wow 1_m thats a lot of stuff there I didn't know about thumbsup I see I will be busy tonight biggrin Thanks again for stopping back here so quickly and myself and I'm sure others here greatly appreciate any information you can pass on to us about SFK42 cheers And thank you also for the direct links notworthy

Last edited by godzilla1985; 12/03/09 08:27 PM.

#2912911 - 12/04/09 01:38 AM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: 1_m]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Hey 1_m got a question for you that I hope you might be able to answer. I have Dl'ed those missions from stone2009 and the mods from SHUN. But I'm not quite sure as how to impliment them into the game. The missions I have dl'ed and used so far from fabianfred were pretty simplistic and straight forward to install. These one from stone2009 look much more complicated and detailed. I have looked at the readme files from the site (googled) and it's not clear as it seems to assume the user is familiar with the editor and poligone generator. Can you explain how to install these missions and mods or point to which parts of the editor manual that will explain how this is done?
Cheers

#2913140 - 12/04/09 11:08 AM Re: Kharkov winter 1942 [Re: godzilla1985]  
1_m Offline
1_m  Offline

Hey 1_m got a question for you that I hope you might be able to answer. I have Dl'ed those missions from stone2009 and the mods from SHUN. But I'm not quite sure as how to impliment them into the game. The missions I have dl'ed and used so far from fabianfred were pretty simplistic and straight forward to install. These one from stone2009 look much more complicated and detailed. I have looked at the readme files from the site (googled) and it's not clear as it seems to assume the user is familiar with the editor and poligone generator. Can you explain how to install these missions and mods or point to which parts of the editor manual that will explain how this is done?
Cheers

For example for "Sobolevsky region" campaign
Copy folder \data\ from archive in game folder \data\.
Download hotfix and copy \data\ in game folder too.

For generate maps select the file *.poly from the unpacked archive and generate it.
Select Windows->Start->Programs and navigate to the Lighthouse folder there you find a subfolder called "Editors and Utilities" -> Generate Map
for example \data\k42\lok_rus\levels\envs\Alex_poly_05\Alex_poly_05.poly

Look also 2.5 Map generation in editor_manual.pdf
Quote:
After generation has been finished, a file with the "name_level.polypack" name is created in \loc_rus\envs\name_level\. This file is required for launching the map in the editor. A file with the "<mission>__lightmap.raw" name (lighting calculation) is created as well (if a lighting calculation has been performed). The other files in \loc_rus\envs\name_level\ are temporary. They are necessary to obtain information on map generation results and can be deleted.

To extract the mission - run shortcut Start->Programs->Steel fury->"Editors and Utilities"->Creating New Mission
Press "Unpack" button and select \data\k42\lok_rus\levels\envs\Alex_poly_05\Alex_05.datapack (or all *.datapack files)

Start a game..
----
For other mission. example (google tranaslate)
Quote:
1. Unpack the archive with a new mission. Open the folder with the game, replace the data folder to the folder data from the archive, confirm file replacement.
Open the editor and utilities - generator maps and proceed to generate a new map (polygon) Alex_poly_03 (\data\ k42\lok_rus\levels\envs\Alex_poly_03\Alex_poly_03.poly) ("polygon" is the name from Russian version)

2. Run the shortcut to Start-> Programs-> Buka-> Steel Fury. Kharkov 1942 -> Editor and Utilities-> "Create a new mission"
In the window that appears, click "Extract" and select the file of the mission "Alex_02.datapack" file located in the Alex_poly_03, \data\ k42\lok_rus\levels\envs\Alex_poly_03

3. In file
\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\camp\user_camp.engcfg

find and replace string (if you're using Notepad, then uncheck "Format" - "wrap")

Alex_02, Alex_02, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_02.level;

to (a string can be taken from the file user_camp.engcfg.txt) ->

Alex_02, Alex_02, 1, 0, T34_back_01.jpg, txt_ldm_Alex_02_cit_01, 3, txt_ldm_Alex_02_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_02.level;

4. Enter the game and go to "Custom" mission.

stone2009

Sorry, my English not best of the best smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.