Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2754827 - 06/30/09 09:11 PM Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote!  
Faust Offline
Faust  Offline

Hello.

We are looking into requiring mods on the Zekes vs Wildcats server. I have setup a poll on the Warbirds of Prey forum and am looking to garner votes. I ask all who fly on Zekes to please vote and to encourage your squad mates, friends and nemeses who fly on Zekes to do the same.

Here is a link to the poll:
http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5118

Thank you for your support

Faust
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2754899 - 06/30/09 10:29 PM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: Faust]  
=EoH=Flight_boy Offline
I/JG54_Gringo
=EoH=Flight_boy  Offline
I/JG54_Gringo

Bulgaria
Hello Faust,
i can't vote in your poll over your site,because i need to register,and now i'm lazy :P .

But i'll tell here what i think.

It will be a lot better if you guys stay the way you are.
If you like to switch to 4.09b Dedicated server,i can supply you with compiled .sfs file for the 4.09b server,it works with IL-2 SC and FB Deamon.And has same CRT=2 protection as 4.08.And it's not more than 20 MB's.
If you switch to the mod 4.09b which makes a must to download the "UI",people will loose interest in your server.Good exemples are the Wings Over Europe and War Clouds...A lot of people were flying there before they switched to the cracked server 4.09b,but you can see what it is going there now...Nothing compared to before.
I fly a lot on Zeke vs Wildcat server with my squadron,since it's the only place where you can normally play without the extreme need of mods or patch switching.And most of all,Relax and have fun.
I'm an "old school" modder and mod user,so i don't have the "UI" or "IL-2 ultra-p@ck" so i don't have all those mods that are in the UI,i download or make/tune for myself or my squad mods that are FPS friendly and are making the game more realistic,and 60% of the mods at the both packs are useless.
To be honest i have few "mods",like Avala Planeshine and my squadmates' Propeller Mod.
Also those "new planes" are total non-sence,since they're very bad modeled.
There are only two scratch built models for IL-2 that i can say they're really good.They are the:

-Fairey Swordfish Mk I-built by the team of my friend Maraz
-Grumman F9F2 Panther-built by my friend Flakiten

All other "new plane" stuff is useless.
What you get is uberfighter built on data from sites like spitefireperformance dot com,or wwiiaircraftperformance dot com and with "hacked" already old ingame meshes (3D parts).
Those two sites might be reliable,but it's not like having the original data,documented in your hands.

So if i could vote on your site,i would 've voted for the options"
-To stay as it is (but it's not there)
-Or no mods.

I'll say it shorter,your server one of the two best and last servers that's still runing on vanilla 4.08,together with the CZ_AH_Dedicated.If you switch to 4.09b with mods...You'll ruin it.
So stay together on 4.08,so we can play in Pacific and Europe on 98% full real,without the need of any mods.

Thank you for reading my post...I hope you didn't fell to sleep. biggrin

Salute!I/JG54_Gringo

Last edited by =EoH=Flight_boy; 06/30/09 10:33 PM.

Daidalos Team Member
#2755332 - 07/01/09 10:06 AM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: =EoH=Flight_boy]  
F19_lacrits Offline
F19_lacrits  Offline

Malmö stadion, Skåne, Sweden
I think you are being a little narrow and biased =EoH=Flight_boy:
You make no mention of another big aspects of mods: the mod maps
The only two new mod ACs you say are good are created by people/teams you know.. you categorilly disregard all other mod AC's and say they are very bad modeled. To me that is biased.

As a side comment there are Oleg FMs that are not so great and accurate/realistic as well.. So nothing is "perfect" even in vanilla.

On going mod, WoP has already done so on their Spits vs 109 mod server. I'd say that is very well populated on a day to day basis. When WoE went mod they had a significant increase almost immediatly.. I don't know what it's like nowadays.

My personal oppinion is that Zekes should go 4.09 modded to be able to host the new maps (which look great!) and keep the plane set as is. There are not many new mod planes for the pacific theatre as far as I can see.. some A6M Zeke w. 30mm cannon and F4U Corsairs with radar-bulge/dome. I don't even know if they alter the FM or re-use the Oleg corresponding FM. So going mod on Zekes would not be for new plane sets but rather new intresting maps and options for mission builders (Faust).

Last edited by F19_lacrits; 07/01/09 10:08 AM.

www.f19vs.se

~But.. please mum! ~
#2755582 - 07/01/09 03:11 PM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: F19_lacrits]  
j p Offline
j p  Offline

Geneva
The point is mods should not be REQUIRED to play. Period.

#2755741 - 07/01/09 05:31 PM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: j p]  
X_MAN Offline
Hotshot
X_MAN  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA, The United States...
I say do what cha like - it's your server and if you want to go with mods, people will either adapt or move on. Based on the success of Spit vs. 109, go for it! There will a following if you have the right mods (all the carrier ops mods and aircraft and maps)

The key to any successful server is your missions and plane set. Just keep in mind that people flying BLUE are looking for the same kind of enjoyment as the RED side and it will golden!

C.O. No 91 'Nigeria' Squadron
#2755807 - 07/01/09 06:34 PM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: F19_lacrits]  
=EoH=Flight_boy Offline
I/JG54_Gringo
=EoH=Flight_boy  Offline
I/JG54_Gringo

Bulgaria
Well i see WarClouds-1 Player and Wings Over Europe-0.
It's 20:30 CET.Usuall there was a pretty big crown when they were 4.08.

I won't say anything for the original flight models,in my opinion they're all well made.The best way they could be simulated in this game.

Slot is not suitable for dog fight server.

Daidalos Team Member
#2756173 - 07/02/09 01:04 AM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: =EoH=Flight_boy]  
Thrud Offline
Thrud  Offline

Seattle
Originally Posted By: =EoH=Flight_boy

Slot is not suitable for dog fight server.

this opinion seems to come from lack of knowledge about the history of the area. the readme that was included in the slot should be read more carefully if you don't want to read history on your own time.

i guess 7 to 15 minute flight times are to long for short attention span pilots.

here are the flight times
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/JodFoster/flighttimes.jpg

it also has one of the smallest actors.static files of most of the the maps that exsist.
it was built for online play.
i offer up the opinion that it is VERY suitable for online play.

Hate me now, thank me later
#2756291 - 07/02/09 04:27 AM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: j p]  
DKoor Offline
DKoor  Offline

Croatia, East Side
Originally Posted By: j p
The point is mods should not be REQUIRED to play. Period.
+1

Wont play there if they are required... especially if they require new planes (which I don't have installed).

Last edited by DKoor; 07/02/09 04:27 AM.
#2756293 - 07/02/09 04:28 AM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: Thrud]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land
Originally Posted By: Thrud

this opinion seems to come from lack of knowledge about the history of the area.

Northern Bougainville: Operation "Shoestring" featuring USS Saratoga /Princeton of Taskforce 58, as they support the landings at Torokina and Augusta bay by attacking the twin airfields of Buja / Boni

They got REAAALY close... short flight time even for real life..

Excellent example of a suitable mission,

http://www.svaf.net
Nobody can hear you scream.. in an open cockpit
#2756364 - 07/02/09 07:28 AM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: F19_Klunk]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land

#2756365 - 07/02/09 07:32 AM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: F19_Klunk]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land

sorry.. getting OT

Last edited by F19_Klunk; 07/02/09 07:33 AM.

#2756439 - 07/02/09 11:34 AM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: F19_Klunk]  
Feathered_IV Offline
Feathered_IV  Offline

Australia
Having trouble logging into Warbirds, but I must say I no longer visit ZvsW despite it being my favourite server. After so many years with such limited PTO content, the experience has become very stale. An injection of new maps and flyables would certainly bring me back. That and 6DoF support. smile

#2757068 - 07/02/09 11:16 PM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: Feathered_IV]  
Faust Offline
Faust  Offline

Guys,
Just so there is no confusion. Zekes uses mods now. People who have mods can fly with people that don't have mods. The issue is requiring mods. This is going to sound rude but if you don't already know that Zekes uses mods then that poll is not for you.

The readership of this forum (SimHQ) is broad and I thought that some people who fly on Zekes might check here more often than they check the Warbirds of Prey forum (if at all). So I started this thread with kind permission from Dart in order to get a larger response. But the poll on the Warbirds of Prey forum is really for those who fly on Zekes now.

I will add, it's nice to see some old faces from the past. smile

I hope that helps.

Feathered_IV,
If you'd like help getting on the Warbirds of Prey forum send me a PM and we'll get it straightened out.

Faust
#2757106 - 07/03/09 12:17 AM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: Faust]  
AAA_Pappy Offline
AAA_Pappy  Offline

Nova Scotia Canada
I tried to register at the Warbirds of Prey forum but never got the confirmatory email for some reason. I am still pretty new to the server but I think the addition of some of the new maps would be fun. That being said it`s your server and you can run it as you see fit. It`s an enjoyable server to fly on either way smile

S!

AAA_Pappy
#2757276 - 07/03/09 05:52 AM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: AAA_Pappy]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land
A SvAF member also tried to register but didn't got confirmation mail

#2757409 - 07/03/09 01:21 PM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: F19_Klunk]  
AAA_Pappy Offline
AAA_Pappy  Offline

Nova Scotia Canada
Looks like they sorted out the problem . I just tried again and successfully registered.

AAA_Pappy
#2764664 - 07/06/09 11:43 PM Re: Zekes vs Wildcats Poll - Please Vote! [Re: AAA_Pappy]  
Poker Offline
Poker  Offline

Always check spam folder for e-mail confirmations !!!

The 4th Horseman

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.