Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2750558 - 06/26/09 11:27 AM Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives...  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
(bet ya that title got some of you girls up in arms, lol... this is a venting/joking post BTW)...

The wife and Kids went to Germany for two weeks, I stayed home to work and care for the animals...

Sure it can be a pain in the butt to get up in the AM and take out three dogs, (Large, medium, and small size)... but at least the dogs serve a purpose to their human owners during the day... they comfort, they play, they protect...etc etc...

But cats, why in the hell do humans have cats anyway... I don't see them all day. the only time I see them is when I go to put food in their bowl once a day, they eat then disappear... then the next morning the house stinks like dead animals (cat poop), one might go in the litter box, which stinks, but then the other will poop all over the house...2 or 3 piles, one in each room, (besides mine i don't allow any animals in my bedroom)... So I spend the morning cleaning up smelly crap, then the cats disappear again till next feeding... worthless animals if ever there was one.

(can't wait for the wife to get back, when she's here I DO NOTHING in relation to those idiot cats. lol)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2750561 - 06/26/09 11:35 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
JESC
Unregistered

My cat Fluffy serves as a warm pillow at night. Aside from that they can play an important role with this new form of "artistic expression".

#2750563 - 06/26/09 11:37 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
gallycadet Offline
gallycadet  Offline

New Mexico
I think this calls for a training exercise where you strap a new york strip to their backs, and well... unleash the hounds.

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!
#2750568 - 06/26/09 11:52 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: gallycadet]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
I like cats because they do what they want to do regardless of what anyone else thinks. I had 2 cats and one of them would not leave me alone always on my lap or on my shoulders and used to act like a dog and come to the door when they heard the car coming lol

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#2750592 - 06/26/09 12:28 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Mace71]  
similan Offline
similan  Offline

Phuket Island
Cats are like that. They recognize the sound of your footsteps and your car. They'll catch a bird and give it to you. They don't act like they're dying for your attention which is awesome. And they're excellent hunters. I had a cat that stalked and caught birds on the balcony and we lived on the fourth floor. They're awesome lil' predators.

I had another cat that, I think, she was trying to defend me when my ex was trying to kick down the apartment door. I think she sensed that I was spooked and frustrated and she ran to the door and hissed -- the lil' thing was ready to fight. I was so proud of her.

But waiting for you at the door when you come home...now that is one special cat. biggrin

Then there's this cat... Like I said, awesome predator!

Last edited by similan; 06/26/09 12:33 PM.
#2750611 - 06/26/09 12:53 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: similan]  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
If I find out someone is a cat person, I will not get close to them. Cat people are not to be trusted.

#2750613 - 06/26/09 12:56 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: similan]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Yes, cats rock. My cat, Vandy-1, also waits for me to come home. I'll walk in the house and she'll be either sitting at the door watching me as I come in or she'll be sprawled out on the floor like a little ho' waiting for you.

She doesn't disappear like Mags was saying about his cats. That is, except between the hours of 10am and 2pm when she's under the futon napping. Other than that she follows me around everywhere. I generally don't let her into the bedroom, so in the morning when I get up, she's waiting at the door for me.

The only thing is that after I got her spayed, it solved the "I want to run outside and get lost problem" but killed her hunting instinct. She willstalk on occasion but at times when I need her to hunt--like to get them wascally wabbits eating my garden--she looks at other animals, shrugs and wants to go back in the house.

She is, however, more popular than me apparently as she has way more friends on her myspace page than I do:

http://www.myspace.com/vandy_1

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#2750617 - 06/26/09 01:04 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: bones]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
Being typically feline, your cat probably have the same opinion about you and your dogs, Magnum. :P

#2750639 - 06/26/09 01:36 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Patrocles Offline
Hotshot
Patrocles  Offline
Hotshot

Chicagoland
haha

I love having cats, dogs, birds, insects, reptiles, etc as long as they are not dangerous. I always suspected that people who hate cats are control freaks. They like dogs because in the end they can control the beastie and cats cannot be controled to the same extent.

smile

Animal Mother > Rambo+ChuckNorris
#2750643 - 06/26/09 01:43 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Patrocles]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
ya, heaven forbid I'd want to control animals in my house so they don't #%&*$# and throw up all over the place... lol... with a dog they can go out through the dog door do their business then come back in. wink

#2750650 - 06/26/09 01:48 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Originally Posted By: Magnum
ya, heaven forbid I'd want to control animals in my house so they don't #%&*$# and throw up all over the place... lol... with a dog they can go out through the dog door do their business then come back in. wink

Try cleaning the litter box more often. Then they won't dump outside it and it won't stink. Once a day is enough.

After all, if you were using the head and never flushed the toilet after every use, would you continue to use it?

As for throwing up--that depends on the cat and its diet. My cat hardly ever throws up and I've never in her whole life have seen her cough up a hairball.

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#2750686 - 06/26/09 02:24 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: bones]  
akdavis Offline
akdavis  Offline

Fort Worth, Texas
I have had many cats and I've never had one crap outside a litter box, save for one very old cat dying of cancer. If a cat is crapping all around the house, it is a sign that something is wrong. If you have multiple cats, is there only one litter box? Try one litter box per cat, and as said above, clean them every day (which is a lot easier than chasing piles around the house). Also, get this litter boxes, they are the best for both you and the cat:

http://clevercatinnovations.com/(S(aokxaj45v2wxzqvdmk2w3s55))/top_entry_litterbox_order.aspx

--AKD

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox
#2750735 - 06/26/09 03:16 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: akdavis]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Dogs are the ultimate pet. I have 2 Boxers, they both have unique personalities. They are playful, yet they are very protective of their turf. My wife and kids feel safe when I am not home.
Plus if your need to get rid of a pesky salesman, answering the door with 2 Boxers, gets rid of them quick, try that with 2 cats.
I never liked indoor cats for the reasons Magnum mentioned, but outdoor cats are ok.

#2750739 - 06/26/09 03:20 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: akdavis]  
James McKenzie-Smith Offline
James McKenzie-Smith  Offline

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Cats are one of humanity's great allies. Their work killing rodents is ongoing, and they kill hundreds of millions of them every year. This has saved untold lives throughout human history, partially through suppression of disease, (the plague years were worsened by the stupid killing of cats by the superstitious people of the time) but mostly through the protection of our food supply. As it is, rats alone destroy up to 20% of humanity's food, even now; without the cat, that number would jump a few percentage points as rats and mice would both lose a predator, and every percent makes a difference.

#2750763 - 06/26/09 03:52 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: James McKenzie-Smith]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Plus they make great weapons!

Link

v6,
boNes

#2750787 - 06/26/09 04:32 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: bones]  
Cworth Offline
Cworth  Offline

Pennsylvania
They also make great silencers for a shotgun

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1945857792089194805

People who think they know everything are very annoying to those of us who do.
#2750810 - 06/26/09 05:12 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: bones]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon
Magnum, "your" cats have sensed the truth about you, that you are an unwholesome life form too big to eat but unworthy of trust. Dogs, of course, are sluts. Hitler's dog liked him!! They lack the finely tuned judgment of cats. In your case, they despise the air you breathe. They sense the bizarre and sadistic thoughts that pervade your waking consciousness, and fear the moment when you snap and become another of those killing spree monsters that stalk our planet. In fact, do we REALLY know that "Germany" is where your wife and kids went??

biggrin

Actually, it sounds as if your cats are defective. Many cats are as others have mentioned here - loyal, friendly, interested in what you are doing. And honestly, the cat box thing is another warning sign - vets say that kind of behavior can be a sign of illness of some sort. Or they simply hate you.

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#2750843 - 06/26/09 05:54 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
i hate cat, cats are mostly loved by people with problem having relationship with other people and use cats as a substitute for their loneless, i find that pathetic.
not that dogs are any better, unlike many people think we are their pets. we give them shelter, food, water, and all they do is lick us with the same tongue they were licking their balls previously, we really are their #%&*$#

#2750849 - 06/26/09 05:57 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Mace71]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
....they do what they want to do regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Don't guys get enough of that with marriage? duck

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
#2750870 - 06/26/09 06:29 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: citizen guod]  
akdavis Offline
akdavis  Offline

Fort Worth, Texas
Originally Posted By: guod
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
....they do what they want to do regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Don't guys get enough of that with marriage? duck

Which is why so many men "like dogs" to the exclusion of all other species. They wish women were like dogs, but they aren't (most of them). Since they can't succeed with women, they succeed with dogs, where failure is impossible. :P

Cats and dogs are great. Cats and dogs that get along together are even better. Sadly our little manx must have been traumatized by a dog, as she is terrified of them even a block away, so coexistence would be difficult (and to tell you the truth, I can't stand dog stink, or the thought of picking up warm, steaming poo with my gloved/bagged hands every day).

--AKD

#2750874 - 06/26/09 06:34 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: gallycadet]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Originally Posted By: gallycadet
I think this calls for a training exercise where you strap a new york strip to their backs, and well... unleash the hounds.

What have you got against hounds? WinkNGrin

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#2750882 - 06/26/09 06:38 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NH2112]  
NightCrawler Offline
NightCrawler  Offline

San Antonio, Texas
I have to agree with this thread wholeheartedly! smile

NightCrawler
"The Devil's Advocate!" smile
#2750883 - 06/26/09 06:38 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Originally Posted By: Blade_RJ
i hate cat, cats are mostly loved by people with problem having relationship with other people and use cats as a substitute for their loneless, i find that pathetic.
not that dogs are any better, unlike many people think we are their pets. we give them shelter, food, water, and all they do is lick us with the same tongue they were licking their balls previously, we really are their #%&*$#

Jeez, don't hold back there and sweep away with your statements there mate!

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#2750899 - 06/26/09 06:55 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Mace71]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
I like cats because they're independent. I like them because they're incredible hunters. I like them because if one of mine is outside when I go away for a few days or longer, I know that it'll feed & water itself and be happy & comfortable the whole time I'm gone. I like them because they have no problem telling you to go screw yourself if they're angry with you. i like them because they GET angry with people. I like them because they think three-dimensionally. I like them because they make me laugh. I like them because you know that you've EARNED it when a cat decides it likes you.

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#2750900 - 06/26/09 06:58 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Blade_RJ]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Originally Posted By: Blade_RJ

Actually dogs are more suitable pets for people like that because a dog will worship anyone, even if that person mistreats it.

Phil

#2750909 - 06/26/09 07:14 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NH2112]  
TailFlamer Offline
TailFlamer  Offline

Clearwater, Fl. USA
Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives...

They do so have purpose.
Why you just need a 3 foot piece rope, two cats and a clothes line.
Tie one end of the rope to one cat's tail and the other end of the rope to the other cats's tail. Pick them up and put one cat on one side of a clothes line and the other cat on the other side of the line, having the mid point of the rope resting on the clothes line.

Sit back and enjoy the show.

JUST KIDDING!!!

I have never done that, nor have I ever seen anyone do it. In fact, if I did ever see anyone do it, I would bust their skull open like watermelon and tell the law they must have fell trying to get away from the cats that were trying to scratch them.

I think cats are cool myself. There is a stray that took up here. I have been feeding it. The thing thinks it's a dog. It follows me around when I go to the mail box or to the neighbor's house, etc. It's funny really. I suppose I will take it to the vet and get it's shots and keep it. He's friendly enough, that's for sure and certainly seems to have taken to me.

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
FIA Formula One World Championship
#2750918 - 06/26/09 07:28 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: TailFlamer]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
2 of mine will go walking through the fields & woods with me. Sometimes they range ahead, other times they hang back to investigate something, but they're rarely more than 100 feet away.

Another cool thing is how well-camouflaged they are. A grey & black tiger cat can disappear in a sandy lot with a few tufts of grass and some scrub brush. An orange tiger is invisible in green vegetation. Even a calico or an all-white cat can make itself disappear in just about any terrain.

Phil

#2750947 - 06/26/09 08:03 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NH2112]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
My girlfriend has the worst cat ever. It has every bad characteristic a cat can have, including some that are contradictory.

It is picky about what it eats, it pukes all the time, it will drag it's butt on the floor and leave trails (this is even after my g/f has spent a ton of money on vet bills and had it's anal sacs drained - how appealing does that sound?), it is clingy, needy, yet stand-offish (it will only let her touch it, and not even her sometimes, but it will whine and complain if it doesn't get enough attention). It actively hisses and bats at me, sometimes even drawing blood, and even does the same to her if it's in a bad mood.

At this point she feels like she made a commitment to take care of it, and would feel guilty if she got rid of it, so we're stuck with it for years, assuming some horrible "accident" doesn't happen to it...

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#2750969 - 06/26/09 08:38 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Arthonon]  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
Cats are odd animals and have distinct personalities. The one we had in Flagstaff, "Barney", was a vicious little beast. Attacked my son several times and would jump up on the washing machine and hiss at people as they tried to walk by. I don't miss him.

We now have two cats, only animals in the house other than me. Rhianna is the little calico, nice cat but very mental. Two years ago I saundered into the kitchen in my skivvies and she launched into the room and sank her teeth into my calf. I about killed her. What the hell that was about, I have no idea.

Tigger is my cat, I just love him to pieces. Big cat, must weight 20 pounds, and five of that is his tail. Long tail, with a curve at the top. He's more like a dog than a cat. Loves to be petted, hates to be picked up. He'll yowl when he's hungry, jump up on the bed and land on my stomach (OOOF!), and in general be a darn good friend.

Here's a pic of the two of them in a rare moment when they could stand being around each other without batting:

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#2750973 - 06/26/09 08:40 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Harker Offline
Harker  Offline

(bet ya that title got some of you girls up in arms, lol... this is a venting/joking post BTW)...

The wife and Kids went to Germany for two weeks, I stayed home to work and care for the animals...

Sure it can be a pain in the butt to get up in the AM and take out three dogs, (Large, medium, and small size)... but at least the dogs serve a purpose to their human owners during the day... they comfort, they play, they protect...etc etc...

But cats, why in the hell do humans have cats anyway... I don't see them all day. the only time I see them is when I go to put food in their bowl once a day, they eat then disappear... then the next morning the house stinks like dead animals (cat poop), one might go in the litter box, which stinks, but then the other will poop all over the house...2 or 3 piles, one in each room, (besides mine i don't allow any animals in my bedroom)... So I spend the morning cleaning up smelly crap, then the cats disappear again till next feeding... worthless animals if ever there was one.

(can't wait for the wife to get back, when she's here I DO NOTHING in relation to those idiot cats. lol)

I've never had any of these issues with cats. My last cat was my best friend and followed me everywhere. I guess cats just don't like you for some reason.

#2751131 - 06/26/09 11:06 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Harker]  
Vulgarity Offline
Vulgarity  Offline

Cats completely useless to humans?

Not if you hate bugs in your house and live in an area with lots of them lol!

#2751134 - 06/26/09 11:10 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Vulgarity]  
Craterman Offline
Craterman  Offline

I respectfully disagree. They are very good for throwing at people you don't like.

#2751170 - 06/26/09 11:51 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Craterman]  
Shredder Offline
Shredder  Offline

A farm in Iowa
I've had my cat since 1993. He was a year old when I got him from the shelter (let's see.... using advanced mathematics I guess that would make him about 17 years old). He's been the one constant in my life after living in three states, several girlfriends, a wife (soon to be ex-wife), and several career changes. I'll never have another pet like him and am dreading the day I have to say goodbye to Bart. He lives on the farm with me and is content to sit on the deck and watch the world go by. He has a cat door so can come and go as he pleases and I still marvel that he hasn't been eaten my a predator, but then again he is very stealthy and paranoid - a good combination for an outdoor cat.

It doesn't bother me when people tell me they hate cats. Not my problem. What I won't tolerate is cruelty to cats, or any other animal for that matter.

#2751198 - 06/27/09 12:21 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
A friend of mine when I was stationed in OK had a cat that killed rattlesnakes. It would tease the snake till it struck, dodge the strike, and then grab the snake by the head as it recoiled. Then it was just a matter of hanging on as the snake thrashed about til it was dead.

Phil

#2751215 - 06/27/09 12:40 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NH2112]  
VonBarb. Offline
Earth-bound misfit
VonBarb.  Offline
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot

The Dust,Pandora
Cats are awesome animals. How can just one creature be such a perfect blend of evil and adorable ? Cats are among the most deceitful, cruel and calculating species in the world, but they are so freaking cute.
You do not own a cat the way you own a dog, cats own you, and a cat's affection is somehow more rewardin than a dog's. A dog loves you because his instinct tells him you are his master. A cat doesn't have a master, he has people who feed him that he may also grow fond of.

Cheers

Nico

"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
#2751276 - 06/27/09 02:04 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: akdavis]  
similan Offline
similan  Offline

Phuket Island
Magnum,

There are several reasons why your cat went outside the litter box. If you kept the litter box clean then the cat is probably ill. Is the cat less active and often hide? And they also purr when they are hurting. The hairball can be solve by letting it go outside and chow on some grass.

I can understand your frustration, and if you truly feel that way about cats then ask your wife to get rid of it. No use having a pet that irks you.

Blade,

I used to think posters with 3000+ posts have problem dating but that's not true is it? biggrin

#2751302 - 06/27/09 02:48 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: VonBarb.]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
I've had the privilege of living with Cats for about 25 years now, they are amazing creatures, deeply attached to those they live with, their loyalty is no cheap coin - you earn it, and they reward you in many ways.

this is my Cat, he is always by my side

#2751313 - 06/27/09 03:04 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
Cats are like goth chicks - and I'm just not into goth chicks.

Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time
#2751490 - 06/27/09 08:14 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: similan]  
Harker Offline
Harker  Offline

Originally Posted By: similan
And they also purr when they are hurting.

Purr when they are hurting? Cats purr when they are content and not hurting.

I read that when cats meow at you they are talking to you so listen and observe and you will learn what the different meows mean and when a cat drops a captured bird or mouse on your doorstep it is a thank you gift for taking car of it so don't get mad.

#2751645 - 06/27/09 01:35 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Harker]  
similan Offline
similan  Offline

Phuket Island
Actually, they do purr when they are in pain. I had a pregnant stray stayed inside my apt and she purred when she was giving birth -- that has got to hurt.

#2751732 - 06/27/09 03:22 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: similan]  
Harker Offline
Harker  Offline

Hmm, perhaps it is true but it's not something I have ever noticed and I've seen cats give birth a few times because I lived on a farm as a kid with semi wild barn cats and we have always had cats in our family too. Up to 4 cats prowling the house at a time. I watched a kitten slowly die when I was 11 that was kicked by a cow and it never purred while dying in pain so I'm inclined to call BS on this one. Maybe a good one for Mythbusters?

#2751950 - 06/27/09 08:01 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Harker]  
Paul Rix Offline
Paul Rix  Offline

NW of Austin, Tx
Cats are cool (I have 3), and Dogs are cool too (down to two right now).

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan
#2751958 - 06/27/09 08:11 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Paul Rix]  
PFunk Offline
SimHQ Redneck
PFunk  Offline
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran

N. Central Texas
We have two cats, one is twelve years old and the other is eight. We have four dogs. I don't mind the dogs. I don't think life would be the same without our cats and I used to hate cats and love dogs.

pfunk

"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
#2752003 - 06/27/09 09:24 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Harker]  
akdavis Offline
akdavis  Offline

Fort Worth, Texas
Originally Posted By: Harker
Originally Posted By: similan
And they also purr when they are hurting.

Purr when they are hurting? Cats purr when they are content and not hurting.

I read that when cats meow at you they are talking to you so listen and observe and you will learn what the different meows mean and when a cat drops a captured bird or mouse on your doorstep it is a thank you gift for taking car of it so don't get mad.

Yes, some cats purr when they are in pain, some when excited or frightened.

--AKD

#2752293 - 06/28/09 11:21 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: akdavis]  
Harker Offline
Harker  Offline

Maybe they do it to calm themselves. I read that if you give a person who is dying a cat it will comfort them and make it easier for them.

#2752820 - 06/28/09 11:31 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Li'lJugs Offline
Hotshot
Li'lJugs  Offline
Hotshot

St. Cloud MN USA

then the next morning the house stinks like dead animals (cat poop), one might go in the litter box, which stinks, but then the other will poop all over the house...2 or 3 piles, one in each room, (besides mine i don't allow any animals in my bedroom)... So I spend the morning cleaning up smelly crap, then the cats disappear again till next feeding... worthless animals if ever there was one.

Chances are the cats realize you hate them, and are just showing you how much they care about your feelings.

Cats are the coolest, but you have to earn their respect. Dogs, God bless them, are just too easy.

Hi, I'm Larry and this my brother Dayrle, and this is my other brother Dayrle.
#2752835 - 06/28/09 11:57 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Li'lJugs]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomfhrer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomfhrer
Hotshot

Germany
I love cats and think it's a pity I can't have one since I live in an appartement and am travelling frequently. I miss the cats I had as a youngster.

sigh

I loved it when I had some rough times and in the evening my (totally spoiled) tomcat sneaked up on me, jumped into my lap and made himself comfortably, giving me that "Listen, you fool! There are more important things in life then your silly problems. Such as giving me a tummy rub. NOW!"-look like only a cat can do.

And certain female humans.

wink

Last edited by Para_Bellum; 06/28/09 11:57 PM.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#2755993 - 07/01/09 09:29 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Turbo Offline
Turbo  Offline

This is a hilarious cat and dog video: Link...

Celebrating 35+ years in the field of avionics....my how time flies!
#4503462 - 01/12/20 12:22 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Like the cat in this video.

I thought all cats are natural predators and great mousers!

HAHA!!

[Linked Image]
#4503468 - 01/12/20 01:37 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Great thread necro smile

That video popped up in my rec list last night,I thought it was hilarious!

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4503470 - 01/12/20 01:54 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Yeah, I didn’t even know threads this old were still available!

This is what I found on my porch when I came home one day. The nearest pond with ducks is about 1/4 mile away and this duckling wasn’t able to walk or even stand up, so one of my cats had to carry it the whole way. It was alive and unhurt so I brought it back.

[Linked Image]

Phil

#4503471 - 01/12/20 02:33 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Your cat is strange.

Most cats will have hurt or killed that duckling.

[Linked Image]
#4503473 - 01/12/20 02:51 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Re: the title of this thread about Cats being worthless.

Domestic cats and feral cats are the biggest predator on the planet.

They kill more vermin like rats and roaches and mice and bugs and more birds, snakes, lizards, frogs, squirrels, rabbits, than any predator in the world.

They kill by the billions each year worldwide.

They don't hunt and kill all the creatures and vermin I've mentioned above because they need it for food.

They hunt and kill because it's in their natural instinct.

Cats are apex predator.

[Linked Image]
#4503490 - 01/12/20 04:55 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Our little miss is quite the killer, she brings back mice, birds and rabbits. She wandered in a couple of years ago as a kitten and stayed with us. She can be very affectionate, well towards me anyway, others she tolerates to let them pet her.

Attached Files v5S96JA.jpgGCHX0426.JPGIMG_2568.JPGIMG_3040a.jpg

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4503494 - 01/12/20 05:12 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

I much prefer cats to dogs. As mentioned, dogs love you because they're needy; cats love you because they've chosen to. Not that I don't like dogs, just I don't like them enough to outweigh taking care of them. I've had cats most of my adult life. They were my number one choice for a pet until my late wife introduced me to ferrets. But ferrets are too much bother for me. If they're out of their cage they'll relieve themselves in the nearest corner and they'll get into/under things and disappear. Most cats will seek out a litter box almost instinctively, even as a kitten. But I have known a VERY few who were completely asocial, refused to use a litter box, and one that was a downright danger. Those in the last two groups didn't last long in the house.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4503503 - 01/12/20 06:38 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

I don't have anything against dogs but you have to deal with them barking at night at nothing and waking you up.

You also have to deal with the possibility it's going to bite someone.

Dogs are nice to their owners, well most of them are, but not nice to anyone else.

You always hear dog owners say:

"he is a nice dog"

after the dog has bitten someone or tried to bite someone..

Then when you take them for their walk several times a day, rain or shine, you now have to clean up after them or risk getting fined.

Too much work and too nasty.

Is that one of those GIANT cats, Alicatt?

[Linked Image]
#4503508 - 01/12/20 08:02 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
I don't have anything against dogs but you have to deal with them barking at night at nothing and waking you up.

No idea, she has a lot of the attributes of the Maine Coon but I don't think she is, she is about 6kg in weight.

The first picture there is the when she wandered into the garden and she seemed to be asking for help, that is her with my youngest grandson, she was starving and her tummy was almost touching her backbone. I cooked up a little fish and gave her that and some milk and that has been it, she hardly leaves my side. We advertised and posted on facebook that we found her, there was a similar car went missing in the next town but he was nearly two years old and while a ginger was not marked the same as our Rossi.

She has really hairy feet plus the fact that she looks like she is wearing a suit makes me think that there may be a little Main Coon in her

Attached Files IMG_3538a.jpg

Clan Cameron
#4503510 - 01/12/20 08:35 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Six kg isn't much for a cat. I have a shorthair that's not more than eight or nine months old (he was already about five or six months when we got him) and he's nearly that and looks much thinner than yours, Allicatt. It's clearly her coat that makes her look big.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4503511 - 01/12/20 08:35 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA

Most animals will bite under certain circumstances. I spent over ten years in and out of the pet industry. I have been bitten by dogs only three times. One was in pain, one thought he was protecting his best friend and the last was just plain nuts. I have also been bitten by birds, lizards (Tokay Gecko's are evil),mice, hamsters, even a guinea pig once (and they just don't bite unless they are injured or in pain) and more snakes than I can count (from tiny babies to a six foot plus python). Once by an iguana (and that actually required stitches to fix my nose). I have even been bitten by a few fish. Stuff happens when you deal with animals.

I should also point out that I have handled numerous tarantulas and scorpions without a single incident.

Last edited by cichlidfan; 01/12/20 08:52 PM.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4503513 - 01/12/20 08:47 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: vonBaur]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted by vonBaur
Six kg isn't much for a cat. I have a shorthair that's not more than eight or nine months old (he was already about five or six months when we got him) and he's nearly that and looks much thinner than yours, Allicatt. It's clearly her coat that makes her look big.

Had a Maine Coon many years ago. He was around 10 kilos. Killed an entire family of rabbits one summer.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4503515 - 01/12/20 09:25 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
F4UDash4 Online cool
Veteran
F4UDash4  Online Cool
Veteran

SC
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy

You also have to deal with the possibility it's going to bite someone.

Dogs are nice to their owners, well most of them are, but not nice to anyone else.

You always hear dog owners say:

"he is a nice dog"

Then when you take them for their walk several times a day, rain or shine, you now have to clean up after them or risk getting fined.

Too much work and too nasty.

That's a lot of assumptions about dogs. My don't bark at night unless there is something that needs barking at, then I appreciate knowing about whatever it is. Three of mine are friendly to everyone, the fourth doesn't like strangers but she doesn't bite she barks then hides. And mine go for walks on their own in our fenced in backyard, where they can also do their business where it is no one else's business.

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz
#4503522 - 01/12/20 10:33 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: F4UDash4]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted by F4UDash4

That's a lot of assumptions about dogs. My don't bark at night unless there is something that needs barking at, then I appreciate knowing about whatever it is. Three of mine are friendly to everyone, the fourth doesn't like strangers but she doesn't bite she barks then hides. And mine go for walks on their own in our fenced in backyard, where they can also do their business where it is no one else's business.

Pretty much the same here. Mine love company of the human variety, though my male doesn't like other dogs or people in uniform.

#4503527 - 01/12/20 10:58 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Knew several cats that would nice and friendly and the next thing you knew you had puncture wounds or scratches.

Their poo/pee box stinks. Always know if a cat is in a house.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4503528 - 01/12/20 11:12 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
My cats always greet me when I come home, sleep in the bed with me at night and keep me warm, cuddle in my lap, and best of all they hunt and eat all the bugs they find in the house. I would go insane without them around. Dogs are nice too, though.

#4503529 - 01/12/20 11:29 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: cichlidfan]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by cichlidfan
Originally Posted by vonBaur

Had a Maine Coon many years ago. He was around 10 kilos. Killed an entire family of rabbits one summer.

Average for a cat around here is about 4.5kg, she is the largest one in this area, I know she is not as big as a Maine Coon, but she is about twice the size of the cat next door and about a head taller than the tom that lives on the farm across the road.

The tom came in and tried to steal her food biggrin mistake! not seen the tom back here since.

I was allergic to cats and was put on tablets to control it, I weened myself off the tablets and now only have the occasional flair up of the allergy.

Clan Cameron
#4503553 - 01/13/20 01:35 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Yeah, i scrolled down and saw Razorback and was like whaaat? Then i noticed the date lol.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4503579 - 01/13/20 09:07 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
BD-123 Offline
Old Scroat
BD-123  Offline
Old Scroat

Naunton Beauchamp Worcestershi...
Me and my three dogs got chased by a big bruiser of a ginger Tom when visiting a Son in Salisbury, much to the amusement of some passing German tourists.

Going back to the car to drive home, telling my wife about the traumatic incident, the big bugger was waiting for us and saw us off again. #%&*$#.

#4503580 - 01/13/20 09:28 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Ajay]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Ajay
Yeah, i scrolled down and saw Razorback and was like whaaat? Then i noticed the date lol.

I wasn't sure to start a new one or use an old one.

When I search for "CATS", this and several others came up.

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2959628/Re_Tim_Burton_hates_cats

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3727674/Re:_Cats_-_they_aren't_so_cudd

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/printthread/Board/84/main/418618/type/thread

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3096627/1

[Linked Image]
#4503582 - 01/13/20 10:22 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: KraziKanuK]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
Knew several cats that would nice and friendly and the next thing you knew you had puncture wounds or scratches.

Cats aren't that hard to read, but it takes practice of course.

Their poo/pee box stinks. Always know if a cat is in a house.

That VERY MUCH depends on how you feed them. Give them cheap chow, and you'll notice. With higher quality food they aren't worse than having a dog around. If they come home wet, they're actually much, much more tolerable to the nose.

Dogs have been domesticated much earlier, and have been bred for predictable personalities/behaviors.
Cats have practically domesticated themselves; where humans settlements were, there were mice, and fewer predators (other than humans and their dogs). So they started following humans, but still kept at the fringe. That they've been taken into the family is a relatively new development (probably only late 18th century, more or less around the time when the first real cat breeds showed up). So the dog vs cats comparison on ground of "which one can follow order better" is loaded with bias from the start. Cats are low maintenance companions. They are both more stupid and more intelligent than most cat owners will admit. If you tend to anthomorphize animals, you will probably mistake their indifference for superior intellect (this tends to put people off who aren't "cat people", just like Apple cultists fawning over the latest gizmo). At the same time many cat owners underestimate how utterly bored most of these poor animals are if they are confined to the house/apartment. They are predators. They need something to stalk. They are explorers. They want to patrol their turf and learn about intruders. If you can't provide outdoors, you'll need to make your home more interesting to the cat.

I haven't yet had a cat that would scratch furniture, pee on the rug (unless seriosuly ill), or otherwise misbehave. But if you leave them alone all day - which is possible for up to 18 hours, they will sleep a lot - then you NEED to provide more than food and some petting when you come home if you really care about your animal.

#4503587 - 01/13/20 11:30 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Cats sleep about 18 to 20 hours per day and are only really active for about 4 or 5 hours, they are also more active at twilight than during the day. My wife does not want our cat out during the evening but I usually mange to let her out just before the light fades smile

As to their intelligence, hmm, sometimes they can seem to be working through problem solving to get what they want, like Rossi's latest thing is touching the lock on the door when she wants out, but she only does that when the door is locked, I'm wondering when she will take the next step and pull the handle to open the door herself, she can easily reach it from the floor.

They are quite good at training their "human" to do their bidding as well wink

Rossi "talks" to me she will meow and vocalise to me, sometimes it is because she wants something other times I just can't decipher the body language accompanying the meows. She does not talk to anyone else, and the difference between her soft vocalisation to me and the angry threatening vocalisation when that tom comes over, she is loud and deep in her voice.

She arrived here and she is free to go if she wants to but I'm happy that she stays.

Clan Cameron
#4503601 - 01/13/20 01:03 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Holy cow. A revived old, old thread from a long gone SimHQ member.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4503604 - 01/13/20 01:20 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
F4UDash4 Online cool
Veteran
F4UDash4  Online Cool
Veteran

SC
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

I 2as looking at the early posters in this thread and most of them have not posted in years

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz
#4503605 - 01/13/20 01:23 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: F4UDash4]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

I 2as looking at the early posters in this thread and most of them have not posted in years

Yup. The activity on the site in general has declined significantly over the past 10 years but I think most of us still here already know that.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 01/13/20 01:23 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4503620 - 01/13/20 02:42 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
old thread indeed

Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss
I've had the privilege of living with Cats for about 25 years now, they are amazing creatures, deeply attached to those they live with, their loyalty is no cheap coin - you earn it, and they reward you in many ways.

[Linked Image]

He died 4 years ago - I miss him to this day.

life without cats is not as much fun.

#4503623 - 01/13/20 03:28 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

old thread indeed

He died 4 years ago - I miss him to this day.

life without cats is not as much fun.

Lovely looking cat, my dog, a Jack Russel passed away 3 years ago at age 17, he was another constant companion, he was deaf and blind at the end, he responded to hand signals before he went blind, the family were of the opinion that he was quite thick but once I came into the family he responded to me and was quite trainable.

Now the cat has kind of taken his place, this is her in her normal position and trying to relax as I browse SimHQ, but my middle grandson is here and she is keeping an ear on him, she is not happy with others coming into the house and is always ready to flee when the kids come in.

Attached Files IMG_3547a.jpg

Clan Cameron
#4503652 - 01/13/20 06:29 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
he was a sweet guy - constantly by my side, he liked to meet new people and was always exploring.

your cat is like my cats - two brothers, they like when there is no one around and the less people they see the happier they are.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.