Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2750874 - 06/26/09 06:34 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: gallycadet]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Originally Posted By: gallycadet
I think this calls for a training exercise where you strap a new york strip to their backs, and well... unleash the hounds.

What have you got against hounds? WinkNGrin

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2750882 - 06/26/09 06:38 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NH2112]  
NightCrawler Offline
NightCrawler  Offline

San Antonio, Texas
I have to agree with this thread wholeheartedly! smile

NightCrawler
"The Devil's Advocate!" smile
#2750883 - 06/26/09 06:38 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Originally Posted By: Blade_RJ
i hate cat, cats are mostly loved by people with problem having relationship with other people and use cats as a substitute for their loneless, i find that pathetic.
not that dogs are any better, unlike many people think we are their pets. we give them shelter, food, water, and all they do is lick us with the same tongue they were licking their balls previously, we really are their #%&*$#

Jeez, don't hold back there and sweep away with your statements there mate!

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#2750899 - 06/26/09 06:55 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Mace71]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
I like cats because they're independent. I like them because they're incredible hunters. I like them because if one of mine is outside when I go away for a few days or longer, I know that it'll feed & water itself and be happy & comfortable the whole time I'm gone. I like them because they have no problem telling you to go screw yourself if they're angry with you. i like them because they GET angry with people. I like them because they think three-dimensionally. I like them because they make me laugh. I like them because you know that you've EARNED it when a cat decides it likes you.

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#2750900 - 06/26/09 06:58 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Blade_RJ]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Originally Posted By: Blade_RJ
i hate cat, cats are mostly loved by people with problem having relationship with other people and use cats as a substitute for their loneless, i find that pathetic.

Actually dogs are more suitable pets for people like that because a dog will worship anyone, even if that person mistreats it.

Phil

#2750909 - 06/26/09 07:14 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NH2112]  
TailFlamer Offline
TailFlamer  Offline

Clearwater, Fl. USA
Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives...

They do so have purpose.
Why you just need a 3 foot piece rope, two cats and a clothes line.
Tie one end of the rope to one cat's tail and the other end of the rope to the other cats's tail. Pick them up and put one cat on one side of a clothes line and the other cat on the other side of the line, having the mid point of the rope resting on the clothes line.

Sit back and enjoy the show.

JUST KIDDING!!!

I have never done that, nor have I ever seen anyone do it. In fact, if I did ever see anyone do it, I would bust their skull open like watermelon and tell the law they must have fell trying to get away from the cats that were trying to scratch them.

I think cats are cool myself. There is a stray that took up here. I have been feeding it. The thing thinks it's a dog. It follows me around when I go to the mail box or to the neighbor's house, etc. It's funny really. I suppose I will take it to the vet and get it's shots and keep it. He's friendly enough, that's for sure and certainly seems to have taken to me.

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
FIA Formula One World Championship
#2750918 - 06/26/09 07:28 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: TailFlamer]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
2 of mine will go walking through the fields & woods with me. Sometimes they range ahead, other times they hang back to investigate something, but they're rarely more than 100 feet away.

Another cool thing is how well-camouflaged they are. A grey & black tiger cat can disappear in a sandy lot with a few tufts of grass and some scrub brush. An orange tiger is invisible in green vegetation. Even a calico or an all-white cat can make itself disappear in just about any terrain.

Phil

#2750947 - 06/26/09 08:03 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NH2112]  
Arthonon Online content
Veteran
Arthonon  Online Content
Veteran

California
My girlfriend has the worst cat ever. It has every bad characteristic a cat can have, including some that are contradictory.

It is picky about what it eats, it pukes all the time, it will drag it's butt on the floor and leave trails (this is even after my g/f has spent a ton of money on vet bills and had it's anal sacs drained - how appealing does that sound?), it is clingy, needy, yet stand-offish (it will only let her touch it, and not even her sometimes, but it will whine and complain if it doesn't get enough attention). It actively hisses and bats at me, sometimes even drawing blood, and even does the same to her if it's in a bad mood.

At this point she feels like she made a commitment to take care of it, and would feel guilty if she got rid of it, so we're stuck with it for years, assuming some horrible "accident" doesn't happen to it...

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#2750969 - 06/26/09 08:38 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Arthonon]  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
Cats are odd animals and have distinct personalities. The one we had in Flagstaff, "Barney", was a vicious little beast. Attacked my son several times and would jump up on the washing machine and hiss at people as they tried to walk by. I don't miss him.

We now have two cats, only animals in the house other than me. Rhianna is the little calico, nice cat but very mental. Two years ago I saundered into the kitchen in my skivvies and she launched into the room and sank her teeth into my calf. I about killed her. What the hell that was about, I have no idea.

Tigger is my cat, I just love him to pieces. Big cat, must weight 20 pounds, and five of that is his tail. Long tail, with a curve at the top. He's more like a dog than a cat. Loves to be petted, hates to be picked up. He'll yowl when he's hungry, jump up on the bed and land on my stomach (OOOF!), and in general be a darn good friend.

Here's a pic of the two of them in a rare moment when they could stand being around each other without batting:

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#2750973 - 06/26/09 08:40 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Harker Offline
Harker  Offline

Originally Posted By: Magnum
(bet ya that title got some of you girls up in arms, lol... this is a venting/joking post BTW)...

The wife and Kids went to Germany for two weeks, I stayed home to work and care for the animals...

Sure it can be a pain in the butt to get up in the AM and take out three dogs, (Large, medium, and small size)... but at least the dogs serve a purpose to their human owners during the day... they comfort, they play, they protect...etc etc...

But cats, why in the hell do humans have cats anyway... I don't see them all day. the only time I see them is when I go to put food in their bowl once a day, they eat then disappear... then the next morning the house stinks like dead animals (cat poop), one might go in the litter box, which stinks, but then the other will poop all over the house...2 or 3 piles, one in each room, (besides mine i don't allow any animals in my bedroom)... So I spend the morning cleaning up smelly crap, then the cats disappear again till next feeding... worthless animals if ever there was one.

(can't wait for the wife to get back, when she's here I DO NOTHING in relation to those idiot cats. lol)

I've never had any of these issues with cats. My last cat was my best friend and followed me everywhere. I guess cats just don't like you for some reason.

#2751131 - 06/26/09 11:06 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Harker]  
Vulgarity Offline
Vulgarity  Offline

Cats completely useless to humans?

Not if you hate bugs in your house and live in an area with lots of them lol!

#2751134 - 06/26/09 11:10 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Vulgarity]  
Craterman Offline
Craterman  Offline

I respectfully disagree. They are very good for throwing at people you don't like.

#2751170 - 06/26/09 11:51 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Craterman]  
Shredder Offline
Shredder  Offline

A farm in Iowa
I've had my cat since 1993. He was a year old when I got him from the shelter (let's see.... using advanced mathematics I guess that would make him about 17 years old). He's been the one constant in my life after living in three states, several girlfriends, a wife (soon to be ex-wife), and several career changes. I'll never have another pet like him and am dreading the day I have to say goodbye to Bart. He lives on the farm with me and is content to sit on the deck and watch the world go by. He has a cat door so can come and go as he pleases and I still marvel that he hasn't been eaten my a predator, but then again he is very stealthy and paranoid - a good combination for an outdoor cat.

It doesn't bother me when people tell me they hate cats. Not my problem. What I won't tolerate is cruelty to cats, or any other animal for that matter.

#2751198 - 06/27/09 12:21 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
A friend of mine when I was stationed in OK had a cat that killed rattlesnakes. It would tease the snake till it struck, dodge the strike, and then grab the snake by the head as it recoiled. Then it was just a matter of hanging on as the snake thrashed about til it was dead.

Phil

#2751215 - 06/27/09 12:40 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: NH2112]  
VonBarb. Offline
Earth-bound misfit
VonBarb.  Offline
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot

The Dust,Pandora
Cats are awesome animals. How can just one creature be such a perfect blend of evil and adorable ? Cats are among the most deceitful, cruel and calculating species in the world, but they are so freaking cute.
You do not own a cat the way you own a dog, cats own you, and a cat's affection is somehow more rewardin than a dog's. A dog loves you because his instinct tells him you are his master. A cat doesn't have a master, he has people who feed him that he may also grow fond of.

Cheers

Nico

"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
#2751276 - 06/27/09 02:04 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: akdavis]  
similan Offline
similan  Offline

Phuket Island
Magnum,

There are several reasons why your cat went outside the litter box. If you kept the litter box clean then the cat is probably ill. Is the cat less active and often hide? And they also purr when they are hurting. The hairball can be solve by letting it go outside and chow on some grass.

I can understand your frustration, and if you truly feel that way about cats then ask your wife to get rid of it. No use having a pet that irks you.

Blade,

I used to think posters with 3000+ posts have problem dating but that's not true is it? biggrin

#2751302 - 06/27/09 02:48 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: VonBarb.]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
I've had the privilege of living with Cats for about 25 years now, they are amazing creatures, deeply attached to those they live with, their loyalty is no cheap coin - you earn it, and they reward you in many ways.

this is my Cat, he is always by my side

#2751313 - 06/27/09 03:04 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
Cats are like goth chicks - and I'm just not into goth chicks.

Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time
#2751490 - 06/27/09 08:14 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: similan]  
Harker Offline
Harker  Offline

Originally Posted By: similan
And they also purr when they are hurting.

Purr when they are hurting? Cats purr when they are content and not hurting.

I read that when cats meow at you they are talking to you so listen and observe and you will learn what the different meows mean and when a cat drops a captured bird or mouse on your doorstep it is a thank you gift for taking car of it so don't get mad.

#2751645 - 06/27/09 01:35 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Harker]  
similan Offline
similan  Offline

Phuket Island
Actually, they do purr when they are in pain. I had a pregnant stray stayed inside my apt and she purred when she was giving birth -- that has got to hurt.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.