Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2750558 - 06/26/09 11:27 AM Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives...  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
(bet ya that title got some of you girls up in arms, lol... this is a venting/joking post BTW)...

The wife and Kids went to Germany for two weeks, I stayed home to work and care for the animals...

Sure it can be a pain in the butt to get up in the AM and take out three dogs, (Large, medium, and small size)... but at least the dogs serve a purpose to their human owners during the day... they comfort, they play, they protect...etc etc...

But cats, why in the hell do humans have cats anyway... I don't see them all day. the only time I see them is when I go to put food in their bowl once a day, they eat then disappear... then the next morning the house stinks like dead animals (cat poop), one might go in the litter box, which stinks, but then the other will poop all over the house...2 or 3 piles, one in each room, (besides mine i don't allow any animals in my bedroom)... So I spend the morning cleaning up smelly crap, then the cats disappear again till next feeding... worthless animals if ever there was one.

(can't wait for the wife to get back, when she's here I DO NOTHING in relation to those idiot cats. lol)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2750561 - 06/26/09 11:35 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
JESC
Unregistered

My cat Fluffy serves as a warm pillow at night. Aside from that they can play an important role with this new form of "artistic expression".

#2750563 - 06/26/09 11:37 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
gallycadet Offline
gallycadet  Offline

New Mexico
I think this calls for a training exercise where you strap a new york strip to their backs, and well... unleash the hounds.

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!
#2750568 - 06/26/09 11:52 AM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: gallycadet]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
I like cats because they do what they want to do regardless of what anyone else thinks. I had 2 cats and one of them would not leave me alone always on my lap or on my shoulders and used to act like a dog and come to the door when they heard the car coming lol

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#2750592 - 06/26/09 12:28 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Mace71]  
similan Offline
similan  Offline

Phuket Island
Cats are like that. They recognize the sound of your footsteps and your car. They'll catch a bird and give it to you. They don't act like they're dying for your attention which is awesome. And they're excellent hunters. I had a cat that stalked and caught birds on the balcony and we lived on the fourth floor. They're awesome lil' predators.

I had another cat that, I think, she was trying to defend me when my ex was trying to kick down the apartment door. I think she sensed that I was spooked and frustrated and she ran to the door and hissed -- the lil' thing was ready to fight. I was so proud of her.

But waiting for you at the door when you come home...now that is one special cat. biggrin

Then there's this cat... Like I said, awesome predator!

Last edited by similan; 06/26/09 12:33 PM.
#2750611 - 06/26/09 12:53 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: similan]  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
If I find out someone is a cat person, I will not get close to them. Cat people are not to be trusted.

#2750613 - 06/26/09 12:56 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: similan]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Yes, cats rock. My cat, Vandy-1, also waits for me to come home. I'll walk in the house and she'll be either sitting at the door watching me as I come in or she'll be sprawled out on the floor like a little ho' waiting for you.

She doesn't disappear like Mags was saying about his cats. That is, except between the hours of 10am and 2pm when she's under the futon napping. Other than that she follows me around everywhere. I generally don't let her into the bedroom, so in the morning when I get up, she's waiting at the door for me.

The only thing is that after I got her spayed, it solved the "I want to run outside and get lost problem" but killed her hunting instinct. She willstalk on occasion but at times when I need her to hunt--like to get them wascally wabbits eating my garden--she looks at other animals, shrugs and wants to go back in the house.

She is, however, more popular than me apparently as she has way more friends on her myspace page than I do:

http://www.myspace.com/vandy_1

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#2750617 - 06/26/09 01:04 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: bones]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
Being typically feline, your cat probably have the same opinion about you and your dogs, Magnum. :P

#2750639 - 06/26/09 01:36 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Patrocles Offline
Hotshot
Patrocles  Offline
Hotshot

Chicagoland
haha

I love having cats, dogs, birds, insects, reptiles, etc as long as they are not dangerous. I always suspected that people who hate cats are control freaks. They like dogs because in the end they can control the beastie and cats cannot be controled to the same extent.

smile

Animal Mother > Rambo+ChuckNorris
#2750643 - 06/26/09 01:43 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Patrocles]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
ya, heaven forbid I'd want to control animals in my house so they don't #%&*$# and throw up all over the place... lol... with a dog they can go out through the dog door do their business then come back in. wink

#2750650 - 06/26/09 01:48 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Originally Posted By: Magnum
ya, heaven forbid I'd want to control animals in my house so they don't #%&*$# and throw up all over the place... lol... with a dog they can go out through the dog door do their business then come back in. wink

Try cleaning the litter box more often. Then they won't dump outside it and it won't stink. Once a day is enough.

After all, if you were using the head and never flushed the toilet after every use, would you continue to use it?

As for throwing up--that depends on the cat and its diet. My cat hardly ever throws up and I've never in her whole life have seen her cough up a hairball.

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#2750686 - 06/26/09 02:24 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: bones]  
akdavis Offline
akdavis  Offline

Fort Worth, Texas
I have had many cats and I've never had one crap outside a litter box, save for one very old cat dying of cancer. If a cat is crapping all around the house, it is a sign that something is wrong. If you have multiple cats, is there only one litter box? Try one litter box per cat, and as said above, clean them every day (which is a lot easier than chasing piles around the house). Also, get this litter boxes, they are the best for both you and the cat:

http://clevercatinnovations.com/(S(aokxaj45v2wxzqvdmk2w3s55))/top_entry_litterbox_order.aspx

--AKD

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox
#2750735 - 06/26/09 03:16 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: akdavis]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Dogs are the ultimate pet. I have 2 Boxers, they both have unique personalities. They are playful, yet they are very protective of their turf. My wife and kids feel safe when I am not home.
Plus if your need to get rid of a pesky salesman, answering the door with 2 Boxers, gets rid of them quick, try that with 2 cats.
I never liked indoor cats for the reasons Magnum mentioned, but outdoor cats are ok.

#2750739 - 06/26/09 03:20 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: akdavis]  
James McKenzie-Smith Offline
James McKenzie-Smith  Offline

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Cats are one of humanity's great allies. Their work killing rodents is ongoing, and they kill hundreds of millions of them every year. This has saved untold lives throughout human history, partially through suppression of disease, (the plague years were worsened by the stupid killing of cats by the superstitious people of the time) but mostly through the protection of our food supply. As it is, rats alone destroy up to 20% of humanity's food, even now; without the cat, that number would jump a few percentage points as rats and mice would both lose a predator, and every percent makes a difference.

#2750763 - 06/26/09 03:52 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: James McKenzie-Smith]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Plus they make great weapons!

Link

v6,
boNes

#2750787 - 06/26/09 04:32 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: bones]  
Cworth Offline
Cworth  Offline

Pennsylvania
They also make great silencers for a shotgun

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1945857792089194805

People who think they know everything are very annoying to those of us who do.
#2750810 - 06/26/09 05:12 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: bones]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon
Magnum, "your" cats have sensed the truth about you, that you are an unwholesome life form too big to eat but unworthy of trust. Dogs, of course, are sluts. Hitler's dog liked him!! They lack the finely tuned judgment of cats. In your case, they despise the air you breathe. They sense the bizarre and sadistic thoughts that pervade your waking consciousness, and fear the moment when you snap and become another of those killing spree monsters that stalk our planet. In fact, do we REALLY know that "Germany" is where your wife and kids went??

biggrin

Actually, it sounds as if your cats are defective. Many cats are as others have mentioned here - loyal, friendly, interested in what you are doing. And honestly, the cat box thing is another warning sign - vets say that kind of behavior can be a sign of illness of some sort. Or they simply hate you.

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#2750843 - 06/26/09 05:54 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Magnum]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
i hate cat, cats are mostly loved by people with problem having relationship with other people and use cats as a substitute for their loneless, i find that pathetic.
not that dogs are any better, unlike many people think we are their pets. we give them shelter, food, water, and all they do is lick us with the same tongue they were licking their balls previously, we really are their #%&*$#

#2750849 - 06/26/09 05:57 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: Mace71]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
....they do what they want to do regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Don't guys get enough of that with marriage? duck

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
#2750870 - 06/26/09 06:29 PM Re: Cats are worthless animals that serve no purpose in human lives... [Re: citizen guod]  
akdavis Offline
akdavis  Offline

Fort Worth, Texas
Originally Posted By: guod
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
....they do what they want to do regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Don't guys get enough of that with marriage? duck

Which is why so many men "like dogs" to the exclusion of all other species. They wish women were like dogs, but they aren't (most of them). Since they can't succeed with women, they succeed with dogs, where failure is impossible. :P

Cats and dogs are great. Cats and dogs that get along together are even better. Sadly our little manx must have been traumatized by a dog, as she is terrified of them even a block away, so coexistence would be difficult (and to tell you the truth, I can't stand dog stink, or the thought of picking up warm, steaming poo with my gloved/bagged hands every day).

--AKD

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.