Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
#2745400 - 06/18/09 01:26 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: FlyRetired]  
Destructis Offline
Hotshot
Destructis  Offline
Hotshot

Anne Arundel County, MD
Sh*t happens. When we do get our preorders and start playing, all of this will end up on the back burner or forgotten entirely. Am I disappointed? Yes. I am not angry though. Getting angry won't change anything or make it come faster. The last thing Jason wants to do is piss off customers which is why he is here talking about it. Guys, use some business sense and realize that sh*t does happen sometimes. Jason has been upfront with us and we can't expect more than that. I actually appreciate it.

Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2745401 - 06/18/09 01:26 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: FlatSpinMan]  
J2_NigelMcElwee Offline
J2_NigelMcElwee  Offline

Kennesaw, GA
watch...north korea will launch their cruise missle and it will accidentally hit the neoqb servers sending them out of commission but we will have a nice box to look at.

this of course is a joke so please dont take it too seriously!

Last edited by atlantaflyer; 06/18/09 01:43 PM.

Asus sabertooth x79
I7 3930k @4.3
EVGA GTX TITAN SC
16 GB Corsair vengeance quad chanel 1866
Obsidian Series 800D ATX Gaming Case
Samsung 24.6" @1920x1080
#2745432 - 06/18/09 01:48 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: malkuth]  
Baco Offline
Baco  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi Jason, Sorry but My criticism is not intended for you.. You do all you can to get the titles on time and delivered. If you had it and my order was delayed, than I would balme you.

Everybody talks about how hard this genere is, and how wonderful the people that make this sims are, and.. Oh come on! So becosue they work for a niche market that gives them the right to be primadonnas, and do whatever they like when ever they like however they like?
well no. Sorry.

This is unprofessional, and irrisponsable.
In any other line of buisnes, this would mean a lawsuit.
You don´t deliver in the acorded date, Sorry you pay the expeneses. Nobody puts a gun to their heads and says, releas now!.
Imagine if it was your car dealer saying, sorry your car is not ready come back next week.. and next week..
Or the cable guys, sorry we will conect your Boradband whenever we feel like it... Maybe next week..

I am not mad, or angry I an very disapionted at the way this people conduct buisnes. Why is it so hard to say: look, we will release when it´s ready.

Jason, you should have set Go Gamers date to July 4th, and anounce fire works to celebrate the release..;).

Last edited by Baco; 06/18/09 01:59 PM.

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack Pilots make history.
#2745438 - 06/18/09 01:59 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: MJMORROW]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MJMORROW
Originally Posted By: Freycinet
DCS released Black Shark on digital download before releasing to the retail market. I appreciate that some of you would like to wait till there is a box version. I am happy you have that option. I am not restricted by a desire to own a box. I prefer digital download. I love STEAM. If I had my way, I would do away with boxed games altogether and do everything through STEAM. Let me download the game tonight and provide the box version crowd with an additional plane as an incentive to wait for the box version. I believe that the digital download should go directly through NEOQD, in this instance. As far as 777 Studios wanting to make more money, before the release of the digital download version, as someone suggested......not my problem. The U.S. customers wait, and wait, and wait. Waiting for what? A box? A map? A box made out of a map? Oh right, I am waiting for 777 Studios to get it's act together so 777 Studios can get a crack at my money before the digital download. 777 Studios.... my heroes! This "nit picker" does not owe any publisher respect or understanding. I am a potential pay day to 777 Studios and nothing more. I see no reason why i should wait for a publisher to make a few more bucks before I can download the simulation.

You come across as sad and petty with this tantrum of yours. Some people actually have real problems to deal with in this world, just be happy that you seemingly don't.

Don't bring starving children and flood victims into my argument. (Examples of real problems, not specifically mentioned by you) How tasteless of you. Speaking of sad and petty.... shouldn't you be minding your own opinion and not mine pal? You disagree with me, fine. Sad and petty....lol you take the cake! Why don't you stick to your own side of the argument? Looking to bring more money to NEOQD is not sad and petty. I am being appreciative of the real heroes of ROF development.

Just have to Quote this for Truth. You are the only one mentioning flood victims and starving children after which you... say I'm tasteless for bringing them up?! Ehhhh? That was pretty bizarre. You are a funny guy, albeit involuntarily.

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#2745444 - 06/18/09 02:09 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: Baco]  
MJMORROW Offline
NEWGUY
MJMORROW  Offline
NEWGUY

Originally Posted By: Baco
Hi Jason, Sorry but My criticism is not intended for you.. You do all you can to get the titles on time and delivered. If you had it and my order was delayed, than I would balme you.

Everybody talks about how hard this genere is, and how wonderful the people that make this sims are, and.. Oh come on! So becosue they work for a niche market that gives them the right to be primadonnas, and do whatever they like when ever they like however they like?
well no. Sorry.

You don´t deliver in the acorded date, Sorry you pay the expeneses. Nobody puts a gun to their heads and says, releas now!.
Imagine if it was your car dealer saying, sorry your car is not ready come back next week.. and next week..
Or the cable guys, sorry we will conect your Boradband whenever we feel like it... Maybe next week..

I am not mad, or angry I an very disapionted at the way this people conduct buisnes. Why is it so hard to say: look, we will release when it´s ready.

You should have said, release date: July 4th, we will even have fire works to celebrate..;).

Excellent points. You are too generous, perhaps. Jason should take the blame. The residual claimant takes the glory and he should also take the blame. If there was a digital download out, we could enjoy ROF already. This industry (and SimHQ) is full of publisher apologists and prima donnas. (What is the price of SPAM now? lol) A niche market is no excuse to rub customers the wrong way or to fail to deliver on schedule. All of the preorder customers should be offered some gesture of apology in the form of an additional plane or a discount, otherwise it makes more sense to wait for the digital download. Why reward arrogance and failure? I wish NEOQD could get every penny made on ROF. I feel the same way about all the other developers. (ie. Old Brown Dog, etc) I will never deal with 777 Studios if this is the treatment Jason and his team expects to give customers. NEOQD deserves a publisher with customer skills and business sense. I am waiting to see if Jason has either.

Last edited by MJMORROW; 06/18/09 02:48 PM.

Instead of complaining about SPAD 7s, Central pilots should capture and fly them too. I suggest putting an apple in the middle of your Aerodrome field and just wait. Eventually a SPAD 7 will come by to get the apple, cause SPADS can't resist apples. This is how the Entente gets a hold of SPAD 7s, m-kay?
-MJ Morrow
#2745473 - 06/18/09 03:13 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: Freycinet]  
MJMORROW Offline
NEWGUY
MJMORROW  Offline
NEWGUY

[quote=MJMORROW]DCS released Black Shark on digital download before releasing to the retail market. I appreciate that some of you would like to wait till there is a box version. I am happy you have that option. I am not restricted by a desire to own a box. I prefer digital download. I love STEAM. If I had my way, I would do away with boxed games altogether and do everything through STEAM. Let me download the game tonight and provide the box version crowd with an additional plane as an incentive to wait for the box version. I believe that the digital download should go directly through NEOQD, in this instance. As far as 777 Studios wanting to make more money, before the release of the digital download version, as someone suggested......not my problem. The U.S. customers wait, and wait, and wait. Waiting for what? A box? A map? A box made out of a map? Oh right, I am waiting for 777 Studios to get it's act together so 777 Studios can get a crack at my money before the digital download. 777 Studios.... my heroes! This "nit picker" does not owe any publisher respect or understanding. I am a potential pay day to 777 Studios and nothing more. I see no reason why i should wait for a publisher to make a few more bucks before I can download the simulation.

You come across as sad and petty with this tantrum of yours. Some people actually have real problems to deal with in this world, just be happy that you seemingly don't.

Don't bring starving children and flood victims into my argument. (Examples of real problems, not specifically mentioned by you) How tasteless of you. Speaking of sad and petty.... shouldn't you be minding your own opinion and not mine pal? You disagree with me, fine. Sad and petty....lol you take the cake! Why don't you stick to your own side of the argument? Looking to bring more money to NEOQD is not sad and petty. I am being appreciative of the real heroes of ROF development.

Just have to Quote this for Truth. You are the only one mentioning flood victims and starving children after which you... say I'm tasteless for bringing them up?! Ehhhh? That was pretty bizarre. You are a funny guy, albeit involuntarily.

You had to quote it for truth? I mention that you did not specificially mention such individuals, right in my post. You did try to make a perceptual contrast argument using persons with real problems, as a point of contrast, no? That is what I consider tasteless about you. In this World many humans suffer horribly. We are very lucky to not have to go through such problems. Flight simulation is a hobby for the better off. (Better off, by perceptual contrast.) I consider your reach for the persons with real problems card to be tasteless, considering you are only using these people as a prop. Understand now? My point is that you seem sad and petty. First, you try to use the horrors many humans face, in the cruel world, to justify giving a publisher an unjustifiable break. IMHO. Second, you try to attack me and not my argument. I seem sad and petty? This is business mister. Jason is a businessman. If he can not take the "nit picking" of customers he is in the wrong town. I suggested that it would be better if the NEOQD team received all of the money. That makes me seem sad and petty? Who knew? lol

Last edited by MJMORROW; 06/18/09 03:19 PM.

Instead of complaining about SPAD 7s, Central pilots should capture and fly them too. I suggest putting an apple in the middle of your Aerodrome field and just wait. Eventually a SPAD 7 will come by to get the apple, cause SPADS can't resist apples. This is how the Entente gets a hold of SPAD 7s, m-kay?
-MJ Morrow
#2745474 - 06/18/09 03:17 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: Freycinet]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
Stop doing that quoting thing it's giving me a headache not that I'm reading it it's a visual thing this is SimHQ not Prattler's Corner
Quote:

The post you are replying to has been deleted.

Please click back to return to the previous page.

And stop dashing around like a beaver on heat deleting posts while one's replying to them

Ming

'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
#2745475 - 06/18/09 03:19 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
If it was up to me I'd put you all in the Army

Oh are you ok fair enough Smile2

Ming

#2745480 - 06/18/09 03:25 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
MJMORROW Offline
NEWGUY
MJMORROW  Offline
NEWGUY

Ming,
BTW.Good work on the mission you are building Ming. You have a good eye for location, mood, etc. See, No quote boxes either......yet wah hah hah!

-MJ Morrow
#2745481 - 06/18/09 03:25 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
FlatSpinMan Offline
FlatSpinMan  Offline

Land of the Rising Sun
I hope the official RoF forum is better than this one. The behaviour in here is infantile.

#2745483 - 06/18/09 03:31 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: Baco]  
MaskedGamer Offline
MaskedGamer  Offline

Originally Posted By: Baco

Everybody talks about how hard this genere is, and how wonderful the people that make
this sims are, and.. Oh come on! So becosue they work for a niche market that gives them the right to be primadonnas, and do whatever they like when ever they like however they like?
well no. Sorry.

Jason, you should have set Go Gamers date to July 4th, and anounce fire works to celebrate the release..;).

Baco, are we living in the same world here? Your post really confuses me. What Jason is doing in this case is very professional, he is ensuring a proper quality release rather than a problem one. Additionally, you are absolutely wrong that any other industry suffering delays would result in a lawsuit.

Home building, construction, auto repair, auto sales, etc. all suffer from delays. What about the people waiting in line for the Tesla Roadster? People don't go sue crazy over delays, it happens. Perhaps you're confusing this situation with one where no work was actually being done. I can assure you Jason is working to get this released.

Video games suffer from delays for various reasons all the time. Developers sometimes have to delay, publishers sometimes have to delay, and distributors sometimes have to delay. Sometimes a worldwide release is required holding games back from territories that they're ready in for months. Sometimes things happen in manufacturing that require a repress. There are a million reasons for delays in the video game industry, and they're almost always for a good reason. Just imagine if a game like Empire: Total War was delayed for another year, it'd be a much better product than it is now.

What's done is done, just relax and wait for release. Really all of this is an overreaction, I'm sure you'll begin to see that more clearly once you get the game.

#2745491 - 06/18/09 04:04 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: Egatiro]  
Friendo1231 Offline
Friendo1231  Offline

Alsfeld, Germany
Originally Posted By: Egatiro

OK. I believe that customers deserve a lot better service. U.S. and International customers will end up paying more than Russian customers for ROF.

Why?
I paid 44 USD for my box in Russia.
You gonna pay just 39,90 in USA.

So, I deserve better service than you :-)

I paid the equivalent of 54.99 USD for my copy...

biggrin

#2745496 - 06/18/09 04:09 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: Liquid]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
Originally Posted By: Liquid
Sorry to go off Topic. Is that G940 in the photo yours Jason. Iam looking at getting one when released and would like to know any feedback/info on the G940 HOTAS.

thanks

Liquid,

The G940 kicks ass. I really like it. I've been meaning to make a video of it in action, but I've not had the time yet. I have the Force Feedback Effects cranked up to 150% and it's awesome. Rumbling down the grass field trying to take off is just awesome. I'm very pleased by it so far. I must also apologize to Logitech , at E3 it was not working properly with ROF at the show, but it turns out the problem was not with the stick, but with my machine. As soon as I got home and plugged it into my new dream machine it came to life instanstly. It really makes ROF even more fun.

I've just started using it in Black Shark, but I have not had that much time to fly BS with it yet.

This stick is a winner. Can't wait to sell them at GoGamer.

Jason

#2745507 - 06/18/09 04:27 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
MJMORROW Offline
NEWGUY
MJMORROW  Offline
NEWGUY

Jason,
Do you or do you not intent to recognize the inconvenience of your preorder customers by providing a discount or providing an additional aircraft? You already had the benefit of the doubt from the preorder community, including me, not to mention the benefit of the preorders. I will be a good customer if I am satisfied. If you do not want to make things right than I will simply not deal with 777 Studios. Some of the posters suggest that you deserve respect and patience. I believe that you deserve an opportunity to make up for the delays. It is your company so what are you intending to do?
-MJ

-MJ Morrow
#2745513 - 06/18/09 04:35 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: MJMORROW]  
Destructis Offline
Hotshot
Destructis  Offline
Hotshot

Anne Arundel County, MD
Jason,
Do you or do you not intent to recognize the inconvenience of your preorder customers by providing a discount or providing an additional aircraft? You already had the benefit of the doubt from the preorder community, including me, not to mention the benefit of the preorders. I will be a good customer if I am satisfied. If you do not want to make things right than I will simply not deal with 777 Studios. Some of the posters suggest that you deserve respect and patience. I believe that you deserve an opportunity to make up for the delays. It is your company so what are you intending to do?
-MJ

Jason, I am fine with the delay and don't need an additional aircraft or anything else. You have always been upfront and honest. You did the same thing when there were issues with the Hellgate London fiasco. MJ is not fully represenative of the community.

MJ, I can understand your frustration, but it sounds to me like you are asking for something for nothing now and in *MY* opinion, you are being an ass. If I get an admin warning for saying it, so be it.

Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
#2745515 - 06/18/09 04:45 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: Destructis]  
MJMORROW Offline
NEWGUY
MJMORROW  Offline
NEWGUY

Originally Posted By: Destructis
Jason,
-MJ

Jason, I am fine with the delay and don't need an additional aircraft or anything else. You have always been upfront and honest. You did the same thing when there were issues with the Hellgate London fiasco. MJ is not fully represenative of the community.

MJ, I can understand your frustration, but it sounds to me like you are asking for something for nothing now and in *MY* opinion, you are being an ass. If I get an admin warning for saying it, so be it.

It is premature to speculate on what percentage of potential customers I belong to right now. I am not askng for something for nothing. I am a preorder customer. I am really, really, really nice for doing that for Jason. I would ordinarily not do so. I am asking for a gesture of gratitiude that I am a preorder customer facing one delay after another, originating from the publisher's end of things. I am not sitting on the fence, waiting six months to see if the sim is a hit or a flop. (It won't be a flop, it is awesome, is it not?) I am not the first person to ask for a discount or an additional flyable on this forum. Your opinion is duely noted. I am a registered Democrat so I cannot really counter your (donkey) reference, at this time. =)

Last edited by MJMORROW; 06/18/09 04:57 PM.

-MJ Morrow
#2745520 - 06/18/09 04:48 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: FlatSpinMan]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
We can be infantile why not, as long as we're not spiteful to one another in front of the whole planet

quote boxes

Smile2

Bold to show what comments one is replying to, as in a proper conversation: and quotes if we're not directly replying to someone. One hates messiness one prefers a tidy battlefield Monty. Which is on-topic, I'm reading Niall Barr's 'Pendulum of War: The Three Battles of El Alamein' - excellent. But Monty has yet to show up halfway through, I'm on tenterhooks Smile2

Ming

#2745522 - 06/18/09 04:56 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: MJMORROW]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
MJ,

I understand your dissappointed with the delay, but here are the facts. I've been as honest and up front about things as I possibly can be. If you do not want to buy the game for whatever reason you don't have to. Trust me, when I say that if no one bought ROF, my lifestyle will not change. I'm not moving to Malibu anytime soon. I have recognized the inconvenience by apologizing repeatedly and saying thanks for the community's patience.

A couple points:

1. The delay has been a total 17 days. Which is actually quite small in the PC game arena. As has been mentioned by others it was to ensure you had a better experience when you finally use the product. Release dates change in this industry and as much as people hate this, it could not be avoided in this case. It's been frustrating for me as well and for anyone else connected to the product.

2. I'm sorry but I have no control over adding additional planes. neoqb is sticking to their original plan of selling flyable planes in the future. I have no control over that as well. I can only suggest things to them. They may or may not agree with me. I made sure you got a map, an interesting poster, a keymap guide and a printed manual as well as certain other enhancements to the product. neoqb has been quite pragmatic and open to my ideas, but I am not in charge of their strategic vision. I just happen to think they are on to something and wanted to help them be a success.

3. On top of all this, I am the General Manager of a multi-million dollar online retail establishment and any discounts I give to customers is out of the kindness of my own heart and not a response to threats. Those that know me and my work know that I have given hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions of dollars in discounts to my customers over the years, including this product in which I already offer free shipping which is amounts to a 14% discount already.

I think most in this thread know that I'm really working hard to give you ROF as fast and as professionally as I can. I've been a friend to this community for a very long time and enjoy talking to folks about this and other products. I'm sorry I can't make every single person happy.

The release is rapidly approaching. I should have my first alpah batch units here today. We're still on track for a launch in the 25th.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go sell some ArmA II and Ghostbusters to the masses and prepare for this weekends Madness sale.

Jason

Last edited by 777 Studios - Jason; 06/18/09 05:00 PM.
#2745523 - 06/18/09 05:03 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
MJMORROW Offline
NEWGUY
MJMORROW  Offline
NEWGUY

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
MJ,

I understand your dissappointed with the delay, but here are the facts. I've been as honest and up front about things as I possibly can be. If do not want to buy the game for whatever reason you don't have to. Trust me, when I say that if no one bought ROF, my lifestyle will not change. I'm not moving to Malibu anytime soon. I have recognized the inconvenience by apologizing repeatedly and saying thanks for the community's patience.

A couple points:

1. The delay has been a total 17 days. Which is actually quite small in the PC game arena. As has been mentioned by others it was to ensure you had a better experience when you finally use the product. Release dates change in this industry and as much as people hate this, it could not be avoided in this case. It's been frustrating for me as well and for anyone else connected to the product.

3. On top of all this, I am the General Manager of a multi-million dollar online retail establishment and any discounts I give to customers is out of the kindness of my own heart and not a response to threats. Those that know me and my work know that I have given hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions of dollars in discounts to my customers over the years, including this product in which I already offer free shipping which is amounts to a 14% discount already.

Jason

lol The kindness of your heart?! You consider a customer expecting good service a threat? LOL I will never deal with 777 Studios or Gogamer.com. Too much ego and not enough customer service.

Last edited by MJMORROW; 06/18/09 05:07 PM.

-MJ Morrow
#2745531 - 06/18/09 05:14 PM Re: Pushed back again - June 25 [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Undo Offline
Undo  Offline

Shanghai, PRC
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
MJ,

I understand your dissappointed with the delay, ... Ghostbusters to the masses and prepare for this weekends Madness sale.

Jason

Based on this last post alone I will be ordering from GoGamer. Jason, you seem like an upstanding individual and the fact that you take the time to post in this forum speaks to your enthusiasm for the genre and your customers. The fact that you continue to come here even though you encounter the occasional infantile internet tough guy speaks to your dedication to the community.

Try to get similar service from Best Buy or Gamestop...

Thanks Jason.

~Undo

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.