Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#2698605 - 03/27/09 06:38 AM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: ataribaby]  
Lemon Offline
Lemon  Offline

Originally Posted By: tomas
Just want point another new sound feature that is not in list.

Thank you Tomas!

#2698612 - 03/27/09 07:52 AM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: arneh]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
So you're saying the Hind is unique in that when you yaw it, the aircraft will roll in the opposite direction when cruising? I can't believe I'm the only one to have brought this up. Maybe that's what the real thing does, but I've mentioned it like 3 or 4 times with no prior responses from anyone, and I'd have thought even then it would have specifically been pointed out as an "accurate oddity", or something. Well, o.k. then.

anhedral effect

Last edited by Reticuli; 03/27/09 08:03 AM.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#2698687 - 03/27/09 02:25 PM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: Reticuli]  
Grimnirsson Offline
Grimnirsson  Offline

Germany
I have now enabled the fps-counter on screen and without the cockpit view I have 31 fps, when the cockpit is on it's only 16...

I can not understand why my system is going down that much just because of the cockpit fully displayed. Glass cockpit and details lowering doesn't improve the frames/s at all. I also tried the new beta drivers for Nvidia notebook cards, but that didn't work at all, the game couldn't be displayed correctly, so I went back to the latest drivers we have for the 8600M.

I'm close to give up and delete the game from my HDD, I simply don't know what to do and why others don't have any probs at all. My machine is strong enough for much newer and more demanding games and this here simply cuts down the frames to unplayable quality.

Any ideas left folks? I would love to really dive into this game, learn it well and all, but not with this eye hurting slowdowns...that's not fun.

Any help appreciated.

Grim

HOMEFRONT WARGAME CENTER
- The Wargaming Service Online -
supporting our hobby at...www.homefrontcenter.de
#2698949 - 03/28/09 12:09 AM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: Grimnirsson]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Might be the flir. I get about what you're getting with Flir. If flir is off and I'm in hud only mode, it often goes up to the v-sync in rural areas.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

#2699033 - 03/28/09 07:00 AM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: Reticuli]  
Grimnirsson Offline
Grimnirsson  Offline

Germany
Seems I can't switch the FLIR off, neither the middle mouse button or CTRL+Del does anything to change it. When the heli is standing on the ground and I do absolutely nothing the frame/s is around 16. When I switch to the FLIR display it drops to 12.

The interesting thing is that the frame rate is cut by something that has nothing to do with moving the helicopter, I have bad frames in cockpit view even while standing on the ground. Weird and not playable this way - alas.

Grim

Last edited by Grimnirsson; 03/28/09 07:00 AM.

HOMEFRONT WARGAME CENTER
#2699479 - 03/29/09 06:44 AM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: Grimnirsson]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Strange. My computer is not new and it's fine. I even have high lod on and it's still playable. Make sure long term smoke is off, too. I had difficulty way back when I was running an 800xt All In Wonder, but I was accidentally running it in PCI mode until it burned out on me...heh heh. Would have been a lot faster and quite stable if I'd had the AGP drivers installed first for my motherboard. Oh well, the 3850 is fast. And try turning all features off in your graphics card just to rule that out as the reason. Now Blackshark, that thing's a pain to get running smoothly all the time. What do you have against running in HUD-only mode, though? The cockpits are pretty, but you can just pretend it's a UCAV. Hokey, but effective self-psyching method.

#2699499 - 03/29/09 08:57 AM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: Reticuli]  
Grimnirsson Offline
Grimnirsson  Offline

Germany
Quote:
What do you have against running in HUD-only mode, though?

Destroys completely the atmo for me, really. I always use cockpit view no matter what the game is about, flying, racing etc.. And I would like to have the working displays. It's all about immersion you know. But so far nothing has made any change to the weird situation and unless somone can come up with a solution, I won't be able to enjoy and play the game.

Thanks for your input.

Grim

Last edited by Grimnirsson; 03/29/09 08:59 AM.

HOMEFRONT WARGAME CENTER
#2699660 - 03/29/09 05:26 PM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: Reticuli]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
LIONPRIDE
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Reticuli
So you're saying the Hind is unique in that when you yaw it, the aircraft will roll in the opposite direction when cruising? I can't believe I'm the only one to have brought this up. Maybe that's what the real thing does, but I've mentioned it like 3 or 4 times with no prior responses from anyone, and I'd have thought even then it would have specifically been pointed out as an "accurate oddity", or something. Well, o.k. then.

anhedral effect

I noticed this last night too. I was only flying for a few minutes, so I didn't get to test all the aspects of the flight model. I usually do a control hover before heading out but I was too excited to have been playing EECH for the first time in a year. I'll get back to you on this Reticuli

#2702444 - 04/03/09 02:50 PM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: Colonel Kern]  
The Nephilim Offline
S3D GuRu
The Nephilim  Offline
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

3rd Stone from the Sun !!
Thank You so Much for this Update My White flasshes have been Fixed YaHoo I can Play EECH Again wink

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar
#2702563 - 04/03/09 06:00 PM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: Colonel Kern]  
hannibal Offline
hannibal  Offline

daymn it Arneh...

can you PLZ work with DCS Eagle Dynamics...

I WANT A High Definition AH-64A or D simulator with coop capability...I think if they had your talent, it would be released sooner

#2708057 - 04/14/09 10:02 AM Re: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: hannibal]  
gr1mR36p3r Offline
gr1mR36p3r  Offline

italy, napoli
congratulations guys smile smile
this sim RULES!!

#2715566 - 04/29/09 06:39 PM Re: STICKY: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: arneh]  
mac22 Offline
mac22  Offline

I just installed the latest version 1.11 from the below website

http://www.eechcentral.com/

I installed it as directed i.e i installed EECH from the disk and then installed
1.11 directly over the top, I notice I get some graphic distortions in the cockpit sometimes and I got some questions

(1)Do you need to install patch 1.4.1c or any patch before you install 1.11?
(2)I seem to have lost my favourite urban skirimish scenario its set over Dimascus. Has
it been removed or is their something wrong with my install?
(3)Will applying patch 1.11.1 solve my graphic distortion problem (I am running a nvidia 285 BFG OCX with a 7750 AMD processor).

#2715669 - 04/29/09 10:37 PM Re: STICKY: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: mac22]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: mac22
(1)Do you need to install patch 1.4.1c or any patch before you install 1.11?

Shouldn't need to if you installed the allMods patch, and not just the new exe.

Quote:
(2)I seem to have lost my favourite urban skirimish scenario its set over Dimascus. Has
it been removed or is their something wrong with my install?

I haven't removed any skirmishes. You did install the allMods patch?

Quote:
(3)Will applying patch 1.11.1 solve my graphic distortion problem (I am running a nvidia 285 BFG OCX with a 7750 AMD processor).

I'm not sure what graphics distortions you are getting, but doesn't sound like what was fixed in 1.11.1. Though you should install it in any case, it fixes several things.

#2715727 - 04/30/09 01:15 AM Re: STICKY: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: arneh]  
mac22 Offline
mac22  Offline

thanks for the reply.
Yes I did install the 500mb+ all mods patch.
(1)The skirmish I used to play in the basic game had the red force controlling damascus and the blue force to the south, it was a good skirmish as it was mostly based over the city.
I can t seem to find it any longer in the list of Skirmishes, in addition there seem to be some additions such as Libiya which when u clik on them there is no Skirmish behind the country title, not sure if this is a bug or my install is faulty?
(2)The graphic distortions seem to have mostly been solved my the patch although i sometimes still get some jaggy white lines looking forward in the cockpit (for some reason particulary on the Hind)
(3)How do u decrease the size of the helmet mounted HUD (i.e green flight
information that is displayed on visor of your helmet), in the eech.ini file my highreshud toggle is set to 1 but i still get a huge green hud and when i press Alt-F1 i just get kicked to desktop and it doesnt seem to reduce the HUD size?
(4)Also i am finding when i start some mission my helo is sunk in the ground(u cant see undercarriage) is this a bug?

#2715840 - 04/30/09 08:02 AM Re: STICKY: EECH 1.11.1 released [Re: mac22]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: mac22
(1)The skirmish I used to play in the basic game had the red force controlling damascus and the blue force to the south, it was a good skirmish as it was mostly based over the city.
I can t seem to find it any longer in the list of Skirmishes, in addition there seem to be some additions such as Libiya which when u clik on them there is no Skirmish behind the country title, not sure if this is a bug or my install is faulty?

I don't know all skirmishes, so can't tell which one you used to play.
Not all maps have skirmishes, some only have campaigns.

Quote:
(2)The graphic distortions seem to have mostly been solved my the patch although i sometimes still get some jaggy white lines looking forward in the cockpit (for some reason particulary on the Hind)

I don't know any solution for the occasional white lines. Let me know if you find some.

Quote:
(3)How do u decrease the size of the helmet mounted HUD (i.e green flight
information that is displayed on visor of your helmet), in the eech.ini file my highreshud toggle is set to 1 but i still get a huge green hud and when i press Alt-F1 i just get kicked to desktop and it doesnt seem to reduce the HUD size?

I believe Alf-F1 should be the command. Which helicopter do you fly when it crashes?

Quote:
(4)Also i am finding when i start some mission my helo is sunk in the ground(u cant see undercarriage) is this a bug?

Depends which helicopter. If it's one of the non-standard ones then it doesn't have proper flight modeling but uses the Apache's, so if its size varies from the Apache it may look like it's sunk into the ground.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.