Hop To
#2651090 - 01/12/09 03:02 PM Questions about LB2 and choosing a helo sim  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Bledfin
Unregistered

Hi

I'm trying to pick a helo sim to buy and I have a few questions about LB2 :-

1) How easy is it to do a multi monitor setup with HUD on one and say instruments view on the other? Do I need 2 3D video cards or can a single dual port 3D card handle it?

2) Does LB2 need a CD key to play online? And how big is the multiplayer community? (any place where I can see online player stats?)

3) Maximum number of players in a multiplayer game?

4) Do we encounter any enemy aircraft? (specifically air superiority fighters liek F15s, Mig29s)

im wonderign the same things about EEAH and the other EE one.

ps - i Love being able to have multiplayer Pilot- Co Pilot in a helo. I wanted to do it with F15 Strike Eagle II but of course could never find anyone. Having a second human do ground attack would relieve a lot of the load on the pilot who has to fly Air-to-air.

Last edited by Bledfin; 01/12/09 03:06 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2651127 - 01/12/09 04:05 PM Re: Questions about LB2 and choosing a helo sim [Re: ]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Originally Posted By: Bledfin

1) How easy is it to do a multi monitor setup with HUD on one and say instruments view on the other? Do I need 2 3D video cards or can a single dual port 3D card handle it?

Not sure this is possible at all, but I have never tried it.

Quote:

2) Does LB2 need a CD key to play online? And how big is the multiplayer community? (any place where I can see online player stats?)

Nope. No CD key or anything necessary. It runs purely as peer to peer. There are no intermediate servers, and hence, no stats of anything other than what is saved on your machine.

Quote:

3) Maximum number of players in a multiplayer game?

I think this number is 8 for all practical purposes, but might be higher. There are 8 available choppers in any mission (4 flights of 2) and though each chopper has 2 positions (Pilot/CPG in the AH-64, Pilot, Navigator in the OH-58, Pilot/Doorgunner in the UH-60) I don't think you can fill them all in a MP game. The MP community is pretty small, so getting 2-4 together is hard enough. Something that somewhat limits MP is the problems with hosting through a NAT router. Numerous threads here describing this. HAMACHI seems to work to overcome this.

Quote:

4) Do we encounter any enemy aircraft? (specifically air superiority fighters liek F15s, Mig29s)

Enemy Mig-29's will bounce you often and are pretty deadly. Often the the time between detection of a MiG and being burned down with a missile is incredibly short...but with sufficient cover, and quick reactions they can be downed with Stingers.

Quote:

im wonderign the same things about EEAH and the other EE one.

The answer is pretty much the same for EECH and EECH2 (don't bother with EEAH other than as an addon to EECH). EECH has more varied aircraft types to encounter. I think the max is 16 for EECH players, but again, it is rare to get more than 2-4 together at one time. EECH has a 'join any time' type connection where players can join and exit a server throughout the course of the campaign/skirmish. LB2 requires everyone to connect at the same time.

Quote:

ps - i Love being able to have multiplayer Pilot- Co Pilot in a helo. I wanted to do it with F15 Strike Eagle II but of course could never find anyone. Having a second human do ground attack would relieve a lot of the load on the pilot who has to fly Air-to-air.

We recently managed to connect MP in F-15 Strike Eagle III via DOSBOX in both Leader/Wingman and Pilot/WSO mode, but performance was pretty poor.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#2653346 - 01/16/09 02:16 AM Re: Questions about LB2 and choosing a helo sim [Re: Recluse]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Bledfin
Unregistered

much thanks again for the great feedback Recluse

geez.. i really dont know which helo sim to try now.... i suspect the EE series is best. like entering and leaving a server at will.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.