[/lurk mode]

Well, been doing a lot of lurking lately but not a lot of posting (work, family, buying new home, rugby, you name it, its kept me busy!)

November actually turned out to be quite busy, what with the might All Blacks touring the UK and the lads and I having to follow them around Ireland and all that!

The jewel in the crown for the Autumn Internationals would have to be the first provincial match in nearly 10 years, but this wasnt any old match. This was a special game against Munster who beat the All Blacks 30 years ago (and to date remains the only Irish triumph of the mighty blackness).

So when the opportunity presented itself to go to Limerick I couldnt turn tickets down to the hottest game in town!

All week the Irish press had been talking about the Munster haka! And how awesome was it! it brought tears to our eyes, we were crying like a munster fan after 78 minutes wink

The Blackness response. I tell you what, rugby fans in Ireland have to be some of the most rugby respecting fans I have ever come across! During the Haka and all place kicks (Munster or AB) there was not a word. Actually, it was really funny cause every time anyone dared to speak during a kick all you could hear was the thousand people around him going shhhhhhhhhh! biggrin

The game was the official opening of Thomond Park, which is a fantastic venue for rugby.

The atmosphere in the ground was absolutely ELECTRIC! This was easily the best rugby game I have ever been to.

AB's just scored thanks to a big fend from Donald. Pity about his kicking though. Tell you what, you'd fancy your chances of survival if you were a dead cat!

Munster strike back just before half time.

The All Blacks wrapped the game up with about 2 minutes to spare and as Rokokoko scored in the corner (making it 18-16 to the All Blacks) I was jumping up and down like a fat chick on a smarty packet...only to realise I was the ONLY guy in the entire stadium making any noise! So I sat down, said a few sorry's and pretended nothing had happened biggrin

We met this guy who still had his ticket from the first game and also got talking to another guy who claims his great great grandad created the garry owen (he played for Garry Owen).

Once the game was over it took my mate and me about 2 hours to get out of the ground, because god bless the Irish, on every level were 5 or 6 bars and at each one we were stopped by a Munster fan, beers on offer, wanting to talk rugby and enquiring about our French holiday time shares! By the time we got to ground level, my mate and I were being rolled out the foor! biggrin

Honestly guys, the Irish are awesome! They love their game and we probably only spent 10euro all night (a night that ended at 5am!) because strangers kept on buying us drinks!

Regards

Mailman