Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#2602872 - 10/12/08 05:51 AM Re: DRM [Re: Cas141]  
BigBouncer Offline
BigBouncer  Offline

"If you are, then I sincerely wish you ( and the devs ) success with it. I would wish anyone success with a WW1 sim."

Those that support developers often help a game become a success to the benefit of all, FlyR is one of several here, and I for one am appreciative that they have kept the flame going for RoF through some lean times.

But they are not one and the same as you churlishly and acerbically state with "sincerely wish you ( and the devs )success with it".

And there are trolls, everywhere, you know. Spinning similar lines ad naseum on this and other games. At other forums too - maybe thats one definition of a troll? Who needs them, eh? Certainly you'd agree they are not people you or anyone would think would "...wish anyone success with a ww1 game" at all.

A post from "cas" in another forum about RoF, and its the only post that person has made in 6 months at that site.

Quote:
Yes, this news has really started a debate. There is no mission builder- it seems we'll ( well other than me and Jedi master ) will have to buy missions separately.
No news for ages from the devs- now this. First reaction is No thanks. I'll do a lot of reading of posts from those who do ( eventually ) fly it before I buy anything.
But against what you get from Over flanders field - best sim of all -, I can't see this KOTS or whatever doing much at all.

If any of you guys were counting on this KOTS as your WW 1 Sim, and you haven't yet encountered Over flanders field, then have a look at the Sim Outhouse website and forums . You'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2602917 - 10/12/08 10:28 AM Re: DRM [Re: BigBouncer]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
I have to agree with Fly and BB here, since this forum has been around Cas has popped in every now and again to nay say the development of KOTS/ROF whilst promoting OFF. Nothing has changed it seems, the attitude looks to be the same. Which is why I've had him on my ignore for the last 6-8 months ;\)

ROF is one sim and OFF is another, both have their pro's and con's and both have their own priorities in what the devs feel makes a good sim. OFF is nowhere near the finished article but shows good promise for P3. To compare the two is a mistake they are very different sims albeit about the same content. Cas and his attempts to promote OFF are in danger of causing a ROF vs OFF culture and that is not good. I don't think the OFF team would really consider that a good thing either. The more WWI flight sims there are the better I think.

Last edited by Brigstock; 10/12/08 10:31 AM.
#2602957 - 10/12/08 12:18 PM Re: DRM [Re: Brigstock]  
FlyRetired Offline
FlyRetired  Offline

In the context of this forum, what the ROF guys want and need is for simmers to judge their project based on its merits.

If ROF is published (and it's never a done deal until we have it installed), then its success should depend ultimately on the excellence of the work invested into it, and the foresight of what will take the sim into the years that follow. The hopes are that flight sim fans will like what they see, that Il-2 fans, and Red Baron fans, and First Eagles fans, and LOMAC fans, and EAW fans, and Longbow fans, and yes, OFF fans, etc., will all want to be part of this new ROF world.

The last thing the publishers and developers of ROF want, is for this project to be thought of as a niche product by the flight sim community. I think most sim fans are looking forward to flying ROF, and hopefully that's where we'll come together in the not too distant future.

#2603168 - 10/12/08 07:02 PM Re: DRM [Re: FlyRetired]  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
 Originally Posted By: FlyRetired
In the context of this forum, what the ROF guys want and need is for simmers to judge their project based on its merits.

The hopes are that flight sim fans will like what they see, that Il-2 fans, and Red Baron fans, and First Eagles fans, and LOMAC fans, and EAW fans, and Longbow fans, and yes, OFF fans, etc., will all want to be part of this new ROF world.

The last thing the publishers and developers of ROF want, is for this project to be thought of as a niche product by the flight sim community. I think most sim fans are looking forward to flying ROF, and hopefully that's where we'll come together in the not too distant future.

Yes, I agree with these sentences.and I would appreciate that those who condemn my points of view would judge on the words I have written, and not on what they think it is that i am really saying.
Unlike the modern world, ( usually politics etc ) what I mean is what i write- not what you think i really mean. For instance, how many of you really think I mean it when I say I agree with what FR says above. If you're careful, you will see I have omitted some of what he said, and that is because I don't fully agree with it.

I am being considered trollish because I critisized the prolonged silence from the devs, to the extent that some thought it meant this sim was vapourware. That would be unreasonable if there was not a long silence- but you know there was - and it was on a thread which was started by the devs.
But because I said so, I was trollish.

Again, many on this thread said (WTTE ) they were really looking forward at last to a WW1 sim they could fly. Frankly, I thought it a good idea to point them towards OFF, as it seemed they clearly hadn't tried it, or even knew about it.

And for me to have an opinion that impractical ( for me ) or damaging DRM would mean i wouldn't buy the sim, if the DRM was of such a nature, - that too was trollish?

Do you really want just "fanboys" posting here?

And Big Bouncer- if i say that I want ROF to be successful, because i would like all flight sims, particularly WW1 sims, to be exactly that, then I mean it.

I would like to buy the DVD, install it and find my offline PC can play it fully. I don't want to copy the DVD or anything like that- just put the DVD in the PC everytime I go to play ROF.
To find that the graphics are like the video, with good FPS and good AI and good FM,DM and sound -
That'll do for me.

But, before then, having seen this forum's threads, I'm entitled to be wary.

cheers

Last edited by Cas141; 10/12/08 07:05 PM.

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
#2603190 - 10/12/08 08:06 PM Re: DRM [Re: Cas141]  
FlyRetired Offline
FlyRetired  Offline

Originally Posted By: Cas141

Certainly so.

Ok, so let's put away the six shooters and we'll all head over to the saloon instead, but you gotta buy the first round Cas (wary you won't pay the tab)!

#2603445 - 10/13/08 07:13 AM Re: DRM [Re: FlyRetired]  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
Don't have time to look thru this topic, but (fyi) RoF containing DRM will preclude me from not only buying it, but also preclude me from bothering to ever get a newer PC. XP also needs to be supported. ;\)

#2605393 - 10/15/08 06:30 PM Re: DRM [Re: FlyRetired]  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
 Originally Posted By: FlyRetired
 Originally Posted By: Cas141

Ok, so let's put away the six shooters and we'll all head over to the saloon instead, but you gotta buy the first round Cas (wary you won't pay the tab)!

Sure, that's fine by me !. But, don't worry about me not paying the tab, I live south of the border, in the Old Country - And I drink beer. \:D

cheers

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.