Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#2588349 - 09/17/08 04:10 AM Re: MODS [Re: Compans]  
Kamikuza Offline
Hotshot
Kamikuza  Offline
Hotshot

Yasu, Shiga, Japan
 Originally Posted By: Compans
Personally I stopped coming here because the cutting edge was elsewhere. But as we are now allowed to endorse modding I'm pleased to come home. Hope you do the same RDDR. We need more ex-Gordon Lightfoot musicians!

S! Comp

Thank the lord for that then! Missing out on a Compans skin is like missing out on ... a really good meal ... or ... something you really don't want to miss out on ...

http://skinz.dojak.com/index.htm

Need some 3 view drawings for your skinning? Ask me - I might have them smile
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2588394 - 09/17/08 05:42 AM Re: MODS [Re: Kamikuza]  
CanonUK Offline
CanonUK  Offline

London
I stopped visiting as regularly as well, because I was very keen on the MODS (and very involved in them), so AAA was the forum to visit.

Hi-Res Textures for IL-2/AEP/PF at Canon's Skins
#2588480 - 09/17/08 08:45 AM Re: MODS [Re: CanonUK]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
This isn't anyone's home it's wait a minute three apostrophes in one sentence. Something bad is going to happen. Or is that rule for the less strictly-bound colons I can never remember

It's a flight-sim pub construct and of course there's banter and argy-bargy from time to time or we'd all get morbid with SoW dangling there all the time ahead of us through all that volumetric smoke I bet, always out of reach and just enough good bits filtering down to add to the horror

I know Wulfie almost personally and for a long time, he's a good bloke and he can take a spot of teasing. Even as we try to make it look as if we really care about the currently-two people back here in the snug who have this uncontrollable urge to tell us that they do not like/will not buy something or other. With all the back-stories of denial and neglect spilling out over our international audience. Someone get them a big drink and pretend to listen

Something sets you off and so you sit at a keyboard and you start typing "This is awful, why does X Y or Z have to foist this unutterable K L or M on

Sorry I lost the will to live there for a minute trying to compose a poison-pen letter it's so deadly being negative isn't it

Ming

'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
#2588493 - 09/17/08 09:36 AM Re: MODS [Re: VonBarb.]  
j p Offline
j p  Offline

Geneva
 Originally Posted By: VonBarb.
Still missing the point IMO... Mod users were scorned because others feared use of the mod would allow cheating on a large scale and destroy online compatibility. Now that some modder groups have established a set of rules to follow which prevent the first of those fears from materialising, the only way to make sure the second one doesn't happen, and that everybody can all play together again is becoming a Mod user.
It was never about morality or right and wrongs of hacking the game, it was about preserving online experience. Now that the Mod is what everybody uses, not using it and sticking to your B.S morality principles would be stupid as you would then be the one who's destroying the experience and would be left out of what you sought to preserve in the first place.

Cheers

Nico

PS : Elvis has left the building you know ;\)

Thanks a lot for the insult, I never insulted mod users back then...why should I put up with it now? I think I'm about to give up on this community.

#2588500 - 09/17/08 10:22 AM Re: MODS [Re: j p]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

Yet only 6 weeks ago we had this:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Wulfycuddles Offline

I can't believe this sh it is allowed on SimHQ

Edited by Wulfycuddles (August 02, 2008 19:34)

Wulfycuddles Offline

I guess anything goes now people,,,fill your boots with the mods as every other F**ker is obviously doing it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But this is one of the classics:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wulfycuddles Offline

I just want to say I am astonished by the numbers of regulars here that are promoting the "sound mod".

I want to ask you all a question:

Maybe none of you were around when Oleg first came on the forums and started to propose a new sim.
Maybe you were not here when he regularly asked the community for help and for guidance.
Maybe you were not here when we as a community first realised the reality of his creation(IL-2).
Maybe you do not give a #%&*$# about morals or about what is right and wrong.
Maybe all you really want to do is kill the other guy no matter what and hopefully be real sneaky about it.

Is this what this community has come to???

A bunch of "I want it! and I want it NOW" brats?

I really thought this community had a bit more sense, a bit more maturity and a bit more common sense....how wrong I was.

To be frank I really would not be surprised if Oleg simply dumped the lot of you ungrateful, immature, numpties, and walked away from this business.
I'm pretty sure he could make much more money doing different projects, instead of trying to pander to a bunch of childish, immature, immoral tossers.

Edited by Wulfycuddles (November 13, 2007 20:12)

Last edited by JG52Uther; 09/17/08 10:24 AM.
#2588506 - 09/17/08 10:32 AM Re: MODS [Re: Speyer]  
VonBarb. Offline
Earth-bound misfit
VonBarb.  Offline
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot

The Dust,Pandora
Thanks a lot for the insult, I never insulted mod users back then...why should I put up with it now? I think I'm about to give up on this community.

Sorry j b , I never meant to insult anybody, and still don't see how anything I said was insulting.

My post was just a poor attempt on my part to understand and phrase what I believe was Wulfy's view on the matter. It was never meant as an attack on those who chose not to use the mod. I probably should have phrased it better.

Cheers

Nico

Last edited by VonBarb.; 09/17/08 10:36 AM.

"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
#2588541 - 09/17/08 12:12 PM Re: MODS [Re: VonBarb.]  
Graf Offline
Graf  Offline

West Texas
Com'on guys. Do ya'll really give a damn 'bout Wolfy and his pathetic attempt at being a positive part of this community again? Just feedin' the fire guys...

Leave the troll be...

-
The Graf-Werke--skins for Il-2 and RoF
-
#2588771 - 09/17/08 05:36 PM Re: MODS [Re: Graf]  
Uther Offline
Aviation Coordinator
Uther  Offline
Aviation Coordinator
Hotshot

Upstate NY
Let it go folks.

This one is not going to end well so I'm pulling the plug.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.