Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2553371 - 07/19/08 01:11 AM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: bisher]  
Wilko Offline
Wilko  Offline

Australia
what ever looks like the go.. but Brennus in the screenshots for sure and any pilot stuff from Beach and the r/l pilots as it is a way to pick up on some hidden gem of info

You take it easy.. And have a nice day smile

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "Holy sh!t...What a Ride!!"
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2553400 - 07/19/08 01:39 AM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: Wilko]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Oh I forgot; one gamer whose opinion I've learned to respect would be Jeevz.

#2553429 - 07/19/08 02:33 AM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: bisher]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
Magnum's.

We have similar taste in games so I'm always interested in what he has to say.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
#2553448 - 07/19/08 03:22 AM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: LeemzHQ]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
LIONPRIDE
Unregistered

This is all, kinda, like asking MOM and DAD to pick a favorite amongst the kids.

... my favorite is arneh : usually with exciting news on a new feature he's added to my favorite sim.

#2553461 - 07/19/08 04:17 AM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: ]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Good point LIONPPRIDE, I definately read any posts made by Oleg Maddox, be sure. \:\)

#2553514 - 07/19/08 07:31 AM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: 20mm]  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
Community Hall - Desert Eagle

#2553551 - 07/19/08 12:07 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: Hentzau]  
Dantes Offline
Dantes  Offline

Toronto, Canada
A few notables...

FlyRetired: I've known him for years and consider him one of my best Net friends. His posts are always informative about WW1, which he always seems to back up with copious facts, pictures and charts: A true fan of the WW1 era. Also, he is recently acting as the conduit for updates on the upcoming WW1 sim: Knights of the Sky.

Viks: He is one of the KOTS developers and also has a good sense of humour. Any post from him means the project is still in the works.

Polovski: He is always helpful despite the flak he sometimes deals with for the CFS3 mod OFF. A patient man and always friendly.

Oleg Maddox: Of course. ;\) I imagine droves of simmers hanging on his every broken sentence and it makes me laugh. He is a real success story of the simming world, creating a Renaissance of combat flight simming when it was needed most.

ArgonV: Because I have to admire a man who still continues to plug away improving the largely forgotten SDOE sim. He always seems excited about something new he has found managing the WW1 Mod.

McGonigle: My other passion for sim racing is always satisfied by reading his well-written articles. He also saves me from having to monitor the racing boards for new Mods (I would not know where to find them half the time...).

Ming: His "meat and two veg" esoteric postings are amusing to read. I imagine him as some ex-Pat living in India, drinking copious amounts of Gin from teacups and complaining about the heat.

Dante-JT: I am not a big jet fan but the work the small development team is doing for Jet Thunder looks great. I also like his nick-name for some reason...

Joe, Allen & Rilex: These guys seem to live in the tech-forum. I find them all informative and a good reference for what's coming up in gaming PC tech. Plus, it is amusing to see them verbally spar over the merits of a motherboard.

Moderators (or the "Red Ensigns of Doom" as I like to think to them): Always enjoyable to watch them smack down some tool forumite who seems content to ignore courtesy and post WCE nonsense in the wrong places and trolling attempts all around. They keep this place sane!

Main Page: Anyone who takes the time to compile and write stuff up for the main page. 99% probably bypass it on the way to the forums but some readers appreciate it. I salute you!

Lurkers: Their posts are super-easy to read and their hits keep SimHQ chugging along. I also like the fact they don't blather on much. \:D

Dantes (Me!): Because I try to spell check every post and make sure it is worth posting before I commit "submit": I hate mis-spelling things. If my grammar and spelling are decent, most people perusing the post tend to overlook the lameness of the contents. ;\)

S!

#2553586 - 07/19/08 01:40 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: Dantes]  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
I always get a kick out of letterboy1's posts. Good takes.

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#2553599 - 07/19/08 01:59 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: 20mm]  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
I also read my own postings many times over... because they are always the best postings on the entire site. I never fail at being brilliant.

#2553607 - 07/19/08 02:08 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: Razorback]  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
I just read that one, twice.

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
#2553624 - 07/19/08 02:35 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: 20mm]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
\:D

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#2553650 - 07/19/08 03:28 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: Razorback]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
 Originally Posted By: Razorback
I also read my own postings many times over... because they are always the best postings on the entire site. I never fail at being brilliant.

Admittedly I do enjoy reading a lot of your posts mainly because you usually bring some interesting insights to BSG, Nascar and baseball. Three things that I have a MAJOR interest in. \:\)

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#2553651 - 07/19/08 03:31 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: adlabs6]  
Outlaw Offline
One of the Original Four
Outlaw  Offline
One of the Original Four

The Great Northwest...
Beach - Always has great stuff

Guod - Because, well, he runs the place 4 of us started way back when.

Archangel - We go way back.

Electra - Hot brunette who carries cuffs and a gun. Nuff said.

Razorback - He knows how to stir a pot.

Every other "regular" here because they keep the place alive...

-Outlaw

#2553658 - 07/19/08 03:42 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: Outlaw]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I just wish I could place a face with every poster here. At least we know what the staff looks like, but I wish everyone would post a recent pic of themselves.

I did it in my "BUTT UGLY car" thread, of course it hides my waistline (which is slowly shrinking due to better eating and many doggie walks a day) but now you have a face with a name (not saying it's a pretty one).
--

Mark

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#2553660 - 07/19/08 03:45 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: MarkG]  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
For sure I like to read the perspectives of our female Staff members. In a place like this, dominated by male viewpoints, it's darned refreshing and educational.

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
#2554211 - 07/20/08 05:38 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: 20mm]  
semmern Offline
Veteran
semmern  Offline
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
20mm, because he's just a nice guy. Beach for the same reason, and for the great trip reports and flying pics. Piper and Ajay, because they're funny. Billzilla and FastCargo because they always have interesting things to say in threads about real life flying. And all the rest of you, I always have great fun reading this board, and I actually learn a lot from it \:\)

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#2554214 - 07/20/08 05:42 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: semmern]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
I've been thinking of this for a while, but really there isn't anyone that I seem to read religiously. That is different when it comes to articles or stuff, but as for posts - no, not really. In addition, there isn't really anyone that I skip over (saying something like, "oh no, not *that* person again " ) which I think is the sign of a good community.

Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time
#2554946 - 07/21/08 10:24 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: Corsair8X]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

BeachAV8r's trip reports always get a visit by me, and I often like peppergomez' internet discoveries. Semmern's postings because it is nice to see a fellow Scandinavian in here. Panzermeyers movie threads, because I'm also very much into movies.

I more often go by thread title than poster though. And here's a pet peeve of mine: please make the thread title sufficiently descriptive. "This is cool" and similar thread titles annoy me a lot...

In other forums: Flyretired always has my attention in the KotS forum, as does FB_Viks for obvious reasons. In the Il-2 forum I always see what Dart has to say, as well as Ming, though I don't always understand him... \:\) Oleg Maddox rather gets my attention as well, the few times he posts.

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#2554967 - 07/21/08 11:07 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: Freycinet]  
semmern Offline
Veteran
semmern  Offline
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
Oh, I always read Panzer's posts as well. Pfunk, guod and Magnums. Hboxov's in the photo forum, he's a good shot with that damn camera! As is RS_Col. There are more members' posts I always read as well, I just won't mention them all, the list is too long. Gotta say though, this place is the best sim forum ever, along with Frugs. A lot of the same guys over there, so that's no surprise is it? \:\)

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#2554978 - 07/21/08 11:30 PM Re: Whose posts do you always make a point to read? [Re: semmern]  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
Aw shucks fellas. C'mon out and say it. The only reason you ever read anything I post is that you are hoping I'll include a photograph of Marisa. That's OK..I know she is the true star of the site.. \:D

I don't have any personal favorites just because I love so many of the diverse opinions and experiences I read here. Between the Staff, our U.S. members, and our international flavor (or flavour)..there is just way too much to read actually. Community Hall is scrolling by so fast these days that sometimes, if I don't get on for a day or two, I'll miss a reply or topic..(so if you replied to me and ignored you..it was because I didn't see it..honest!!)..

BeachAV8R

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.