Unregistered

http://www.jumpgateevolution.com/

Twitch based MMO, hope it works \:\)

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#2483907 - 03/31/08 10:08 PM Re: Jumpgate Evolution [Re: ]  
VMF-Blaze_UG Offline
VMF-Blaze_UG  Offline

New York Metro Area
I was playing Jump Gate almost from the beginning.. Although the game was never widely accepted by gamers. I 'm not exactly sure why, it had a realist control system set up.. I mean you had to actually manipulate the Spacecraft into the docking bay, and if you made a mistake you would die (LOL)...
It had a lot of cool innovative things for its time.. I haven't seen anything else that has this feature, and I'm counting all SiFi games, even the ones released now..

There was a few draw backs that I had experienced with the game.. I had stopped playing it for about 4 years ago, and had eventually lost it off of my hard drive, what with reformatting and new computers. Then I happened across the disk one day while sorting through some of my old games..
I got a strong urge to try it on my new system, I just wanted to see if it looked any better or just to see if it still worked with a newer O/S..

So I slammed the old Cd into my CD player and began to push all of the buttons to install it..
Finally I finished and hit the play button, and sure enough that opening screen roared into life sharper and a lot more colorful then I can remember... Originally I was using a Sony 17" flat screen CRT. This was a great picture for the time, but now it was on
my Sam sung 32" LCD... WOW !!!

So after a lot of issues concerning my joy stick buttons (this has always been one of they're annoying bugs) I began to play the game again .. Well the old magic returned so I decided to give them a credit card no for one months Internet action..

Well this was a big mistake, apparently NetDevil wasn't using a secure payment option.. When I started seeing game downloads being charged to my card that I didn't approve. and when I also began to see multiple NetDevil payments made for the same month ( and this was after I cancelled the Net Devil account). I can't actually prove this to be true, but I've decided to stay far far away from them.. And its going to take a lot to convince me that this won't happen again..

I've actually begun playing EVE now, and all I can say is that I'm truly impressed.. This game always has about 35,000 people on line.. Is very immersive,and there's a lot to learn..
I heard that It takes about 3 years for a player to be fully vested.. (LOL)..Its a lot of hard work but loads of fun..

~S~

Blaze

Last edited by VMF-Blaze_UG; 04/01/08 04:46 PM.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.