Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 45 1 2 3 4 44 45
#2324918 - 08/27/07 11:39 AM Re: Please show off your pit. ***** [Re: Zebob]  
MudPuppy Offline
MudPuppy  Offline

Appalachian foothills in Virgi...
I agree, Zebob. It's a good mix of function and form. But a quick question for JG27_Phyxius...the bottom screen would be the DeviceLink interface program by DDastardly (? sorry if the name is wrong) but what is the screen on top? It rings a dim bell for me but I can't recall where i've seen it before.
I'd appreciate the memory assist...It's too early on a Monday.
MudPuppy

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2325065 - 08/27/07 02:42 PM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: JG27_Phyxius]  
GrizzlyT Offline
GrizzlyT  Offline

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Very cool pit.
I would be interested in some cross-section (or early construction) pics of the hull, if you have any.
Or, some material specs and maybe some thoughts/comments on the hull construction, specifically.

That's my next big hurdle and I very much like your end result. Any info would be appreciated. \:\)

Grizzly's Comanche Simulator
"Fear is the mind killer. - Frank Herbert"
#2325158 - 08/27/07 04:58 PM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: GrizzlyT]  
{S}DickDastardly Offline
{S}DickDastardly  Offline

Birmingham, UK
Some great shots in this thread, guys: the craftsmanship on GrizzlyT's pit never ceases to amaze me - wonderful stuff m8! Loved the FW-190 pit too Phyxius, but I noticed you're running an old version of my Spitfire gauges in there. Check out the Devicelink thread in the IL2 Community Help forum for the latest version (which now has a proper artificial horizon). Alternatively, you might prefer to use my BF-109K set which are much more similar to the FW-190's gauges.

As for my own pit, I'm currently working on a major upgrade from around 90 buttons and switches to nearer 250, but here are a few camera-phone piccies of the old version running EECH:

(The bottom 40% or so of each photo is my physical cockpit with a TFT displaying UDPSpeed and _mue's MFDs, whilst the external view is a 6ft image projected onto a screen a few feet further back). I'm using the Comanche set with the Apache in the last pic, as only the basic flight data is currently exported for that heli (though its MFDs work fine). The Havoc, Hokum and Comanche sets, on the other hand, are around 95% functional now -with working lights, gauges, RWR and MFDs (including FLIR/DTV), all exported from the sim to another PC. For info on the software involved, keep an eye on this thread in the EECH forum, where I'll hopefully be releasing new versions in the next few days.
Cheers,
DD

#2325584 - 08/28/07 04:04 AM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: {S}DickDastardly]  
DanTheSasquatch Offline
DanTheSasquatch  Offline

Illinois
Sweet pits guys! Mine is as simples (yet effective) as can be. A Saitek X52 a desk. However, Im taking an engineering class this year, and we get to design and build a peice of furniture. So I'm still thinking of ideas but I think Ive got my general idea down now, just a matter of waiting for the project to come around (Then I gotta do lots of sketches, an engineer logbook, and build it in computer software, then build it) gonna be a simple pit. although after seeing that FW-190 pit I think I could make it more than like a chair and have my gear embedded into it with maybe like an F-16 exterior \:\) Im still thinkin up some ideas. but after that project Ill be sure to post in here \:\) (maybe another 18 weeks for all I know though, but ts only a semester long class, so 18 weeks max)

Xbox Live Gamertag: DanTheSasquatch please add me!
#2330935 - 09/04/07 09:44 AM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: DanTheSasquatch]  
JG27_Phyxius Offline
JG27_Phyxius  Offline

mudpuppy, the top screen is virtual pit. i dont use the top screen any more, i just swap programs on the bottom screen now. 3 was just overkill, and the top screen is a little hard to see from such an angle.

Phyx

#2331496 - 09/05/07 01:42 AM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: Zebob]  
IvanK Offline
IvanK  Offline

Aus
My little pit. Started off as a basic Ackers Barnes pit then grew. Seat is meant to represent SJU5/MB10. The whole thing on rollers

Sub woofer in base and back though I have yet to get these to really operate well.

Last edited by IvanK; 09/05/07 01:43 AM.
#2332254 - 09/06/07 05:30 AM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: Derk]  
schreinerschmid Offline
schreinerschmid  Offline

Oberbayern
Hello
That´s what i see at home.

A short movie :

http://schreinerschmid-web.homepage.t-online.de/helmcamera.wmv
Cheers

Last edited by schreinerschmid; 09/06/07 05:31 AM.

Du mid deina Virebaudnfakäfotzn
#2367640 - 10/31/07 10:06 PM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: Derk]  
Andrew Offline
Andrew  Offline

Some pic of the "Silvercan", my almost two year on going cockpit project, for inspiring Mr.Monk and/or other pit builders:

Bye!
A.

#2367686 - 10/31/07 10:58 PM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: Andrew]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
Andrew you have to host your photos on a site like http://www.photobucket.com or http://www.imageshack.com

My wife and I are finally moving into a house in a few more months and not only will I have a spot to set up a home theater but a spot to have a sim theater as well among the HT furniture and stuff. I plan to use some USB keyboard encoders or an card like Leo's to have a completely generic set up for a number of flight sims and race sims. I really need to talk to Grizzly here down the road about collectives since Black Shark is coming! For now I stick to my really generic set up and will try to modify my Logitech wingman stick into a custom control box.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#2367806 - 11/01/07 01:35 AM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
This is mine:

It's an almost entirely CH Products setup including the desk. The equipment stretches around me in a sort of semi-circle. When I want to drive, I move my chair to the left side where the wheel is, rotate my monitor, and I'm driving. I may add an additional 2 CH-MFPs in the future. Haven't decided yet.

Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time
#2367950 - 11/01/07 08:27 AM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: Corsair8X]  
GrizzlyT Offline
GrizzlyT  Offline

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Very cool setup there Corsair!
You should forward the pic to CH Products. Maybe they'll comp you some free stuff, for being their un-official poster boy! \:D

I'm guessing that strategically placed photo of you and the little women is there to keep you from being banished to the man cave, like the rest of us? "No honey, it's furniture....really!" ("Wink, wink...nudge, nudge...say no more.")

What's with the dualing trackballs? And what is that circular controller, on the left???

Grizzly's Comanche Simulator
"Fear is the mind killer. - Frank Herbert"
#2368645 - 11/02/07 01:21 AM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: GrizzlyT]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Thank you for the kind words! It's not in the same league as your drop dead awesome Comanche 'pit, but I may think of building something when I have more room. Speaking of room, I'm already in my man cave \:\) It was actually part of our agreement before we moved in together. "Honey, I have a cockpit. Ow! No, I don't mean you! No, I mean for flying simulators. I need to have some space for it so I need a den." So I have my own room (which I call my "office" because it sounds like I may actually do something productive in there) and it has my bookshelves and perhaps soon other aviation-releated stuff.

I'm on CH's forum all the time and I've submitted the pic there. I don't think it will get me anything free given that I seem pretty willing to keep sending them my money so they know they have me hooked and reeled in. A couple people over there have commented on it.

The dual trackballs are because I tend to prefer them over mice. The one on the left is what I use for my getting around when I'm using the computer like a computer. The one on the right is for radar cursor manipulation or similar stuff so I can keep my hand on the stick. I also have a Razer Copperhead which isn't in that pick for FPS.

That's also what that circular thing is for. It's a small keyboard which has been designed for FPS games. Called the Wolf Claw (sometimes called the Wolf King Warrior), it is a driverless 2nd keyboard that is optimized for one-handed use. I used to be an arrow-key driver until games got too complicated and there were too many buttons. I can't do the wasd thing very well because they are not lined up like the arrow keys I'm used to. On this keyboard, those keys are perfectly lined up which is more natural to me. But your number keys are in an arc over your hand and there are many large buttons for your thumb to bounce around on. I really can't play fps games without it to be honest, I'm that spoiled by it. Does it make me any better? Not really I don't think - but I do find I'm less of a klutz and generally less frustrated.

One more CH MFP panel will go where that keyboard is, I'm just not done the little graphic I'm making for it so I didn't want to just have a blank one there. Overall I'm pretty happy and I didn't need to "build" anything, just assemble it. When we get a house together though, I think I will be building a modified Akers-Barnes pit which will have dimensions to hold all of my MFP's and maybe even more of them.

I can't remember if you have pics of yours here, or just in the EECH thread. If not, you need to show yours because it is nothing short of amazing. That's one of my favourite pits I've ever seen.

Corsair8X

#2386624 - 11/25/07 10:39 PM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: Corsair8X]  
mailman Offline
Hotshot
mailman  Offline
Hotshot

London
 Quote:
Honey, I have a cockpit. Ow! No, I don't mean you!

Awe bless \:D

All of your cockpits are awesome!

Regards

Mailman

#2391153 - 12/01/07 01:45 AM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: mailman]  
GoGamer.com - Jason Offline
GoGamer.com - Jason  Offline

Redlands, CA
Mine is going through a retro-fit at the moment, but I have a whole page devoted to it. The pics are quite dated now, but the pit is still part of my set up.

http://777AVG.com/cockpit

Jason

#2391651 - 12/02/07 01:21 AM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: GoGamer.com - Jason]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

That's nice. It even works with a yolk too.

Corsair8X

#2391907 - 12/02/07 03:13 PM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: Corsair8X]  
F19_CoNa Offline
sim junkie
F19_CoNa  Offline
sim junkie

Kallinge, Sweden
My compact generic simpit.
The monitor is a 17" touchscreen, so I can still push any switches that I don't have irl.
But I manage well with over 100 devices modelled...so far.

Stowed away

Last edited by CoNa; 12/02/07 03:16 PM.

..and lead us not into temptation......I'll find it myself.
#2392048 - 12/02/07 08:08 PM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: F19_CoNa]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

I like how the monitor can come over when you are not flying. That's really cool. You have the same flatscreen as mine too I noticed. Having the secondary monitor as a touch screen is an interesting approach as well. Does it also pan with your TrackIR?

Corsair8X

#2392081 - 12/02/07 09:20 PM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: Corsair8X]  
F19_CoNa Offline
sim junkie
F19_CoNa  Offline
sim junkie

Kallinge, Sweden
Yes having it mounted on an monitor arm makes it much easier to move around
for the perfect position, depending on what you are doing.
As i have it in a corner there is quite alot of space unused otherwise.

No, the 2d cockpit does not move at all, so it really esy to point with your finger at
any button. The ATC commands are also just a finger push away. That's very neat if you don't have VoxATC.

When I'm flying il-2 or LockOn I don't use the buttons, even though I could.
It's labeled for FSX, so that's why.
I use touchbuddy in those cases. It's soo good for that.
If I could have used it for FSX I would probably never have built all these buttons....
probably...

Last edited by CoNa; 12/02/07 09:21 PM.

..and lead us not into temptation......I'll find it myself.
#2393436 - 12/04/07 03:22 PM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: F19_CoNa]  
Michi Hirczy Offline
Michi Hirczy  Offline

Graz, .at, LOWG
Here are some pics of my little project, a fullsize F-16 sim.

All needed switches are fully functional in Falcon:AF.
Also all lamps except the CautionPanel are working already, and I have to 5,6" LCDs behind the MFDs which display the instruments (until I implemented all the servo and motor stuff for working analogue gauges).

Although not fully finished, I'm already thinking about re-designing my other pit - a small racing seat construction - into a more generic cockpit, which I would like to use for MSFS flying (it's hard to do helicopter flying with a force-sensor stick)...

greetings
michi

#2393924 - 12/05/07 03:26 AM Re: Please show off your pit. [Re: Michi Hirczy]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Seriously, totally speechless. People that are able to do this amaze and impress me.

Corsair8X

Page 2 of 45 1 2 3 4 44 45

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.