Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2361141 - 10/22/07 08:48 PM "Engine torque" sound effect problem...  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

I don't recall having this problem the last time I had LB2 installed (about 3 years ago).

There seems to be a generic engine sound effect the game is using. I recall LB2 would react to the torque applied to the rotors and you could hear the effects of your throttle input on the engine. So when you took off, you could hear the blades digging in, and other engine sound effects.

Well what I have is this constant engine sound effect. It never reacts to my throttle input, just a constant monotonous engine sound effect. It sounds like a helicopter, just not the LB2 I remember.

Everything else is working perfectly, all sound effects, speech, music... I've tried running in D3D, Glide, and software mode, all the same constant sound.

Now, I've also got EECH installed... is there someway LB2 might be using the sound effect from EECH??? I don't see how it could but just a thought.

Any ideas?

Last edited by TerribleTwo; 10/22/07 09:13 PM.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2361161 - 10/22/07 09:15 PM Re: "Engine torque" sound effect problem... [Re: TerribleTwo]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

OK, I just ran another mission and after having killed off a few enemies, the sound effect started working as it should. So its obviously using the right sfx... But the next mission it goes back to the same old boring monotonous sfx.

I think I understand what may be happening. There are two sfx that make up the overall engine/rotor sound. There is a basic sfx that represents the engine, and then there is the rotor sfx. I think LB2 is only using the basic engine sfx, that's the monotonous sfx I hear.

I've tried several variations of volume levels and nothing does the trick. There must be an edit somewhere I can change. Its odd that it suddenly started using the rotor sfx during that one mission.

This is pretty important for me as the rotor torque sfx is great at helping me determine collective levels... LB2 aint the same without it.

Last edited by TerribleTwo; 10/22/07 09:39 PM.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#2361529 - 10/23/07 02:23 PM Re: "Engine torque" sound effect problem... [Re: TerribleTwo]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Really pissin me off now. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I can exit out of LB2 and back in, run the same mission again and it will work and then enxt time it won't. Mostly, it doesn't work. I haven't a clue what is wrong with it.

#2362962 - 10/25/07 12:00 PM Re: "Engine torque" sound effect problem... [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Flyboy Offline
Flyboy  Offline

England, UK
This sounds (pardon the pun) like it may be to do with your CPU speed and/or sound card/drivers. Try my LB2 sound mod pack in which I have added louder volume levels for the engine sounds which may overcome your dilemma. All sounds work fine on my system.

http://www.helosim.com/flyboy/lb2/sound_mod.zip
Read the readme in the zip to see how to install...

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.