Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2248856 - 07/01/07 08:51 PM SimHQ Mods: Please can we have a Combat Mission forum  
Gnasher Offline
Gnasher  Offline

West Sussex UK
Because I'm sick of CM fanbois posting on this forum which with all the negative stuff belittles ( In a very aggressive & threatening way!) ppl who actually want to talk about Theatre of War.

@ whom I'm refering to....C'mon guys, we know you hate ToW, please let us get on with it!! We know your feelings, you've made that more than blatantly clear! We all know who I'm referring to & all of them have 50+ hate posts on this forum. Either a new forum is created or this one will die, please don't let this happen.

Mods. IMHO you've been far, far too appeasing of the anti ToW faction. It's time this stopped & allow ppl who actually enjoy the game to discuss it properly without having threads hijacked by the "Anti ToW crew"! Besides you'd spend your time much more constructivey posting on a CM site, which you all obviouisly love to death.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2248877 - 07/01/07 09:26 PM Re: SimHQ Mods: Please can we have a Combat Mission forum [Re: Gnasher]  
monkeezgob Offline
monkeezgob  Offline

Come off it Gnasher! No-one is stopping you talking about TOW, if you don't like the negative posts then my advice would be to just ignore them and concentrate on what it is you want to talk about. if a negative or inflammatory post crops up in repsonse to your thread then just ignore it, don't give people the satisfaction of rising to the bait.

A discussion forum has to allow for debate and opposing points of view, as long as people keep it civil there shouldn't be a problem. The mods have already said they'll deal with inappropriate posts, so why not just leave it at that?

With the greatest of respect, starting a thread like this is really not very constructive and could be construed as inflammatory. I'm sure no-one wants to see a repeat of recent events on here, so why not just drop it. I'm sure many would be happy to see a CM forum, but I'm not sure how this itself would prevent any dicsussion that highlighted problems with TOW.

#2248932 - 07/01/07 10:42 PM Re: SimHQ Mods: Please can we have a Combat Mission forum [Re: monkeezgob]  
Chazman1946 Offline
Chazman1946  Offline

Arizona
Since a sizable amount of the people who purchased TOW, purchased it based on their experiences with Battlefront's mainstay game, Combat Mission, it is only logical that they would compare the two.

Perhaps you should download the Combat Mission demo and see what we are all talking about.

#2248933 - 07/01/07 10:44 PM Re: SimHQ Mods: Please can we have a Combat Mission forum [Re: monkeezgob]  
FinnN Offline
FinnN  Offline

I agree with monkee on this one. There's discussing the pros and cons of a game, and there's trolling, flaming and spamming and the two aren't the same thing. Even though there's been some of the former, IMHO this forum was allowed to pass into the latter too often. Quite why it took so long to deal with when at least one person was pretty much explicitly saying that's what he intended to do I don't know, but it does seem to have been dealt with now. Take Chazman's recent posts for example, pretty negative about the game I guess, but well within what should be allowed here.

Things seem to be picking up a bit on the official forums and I think we're gradually going to see mods coming out now that the game is wide open to it, when that happens (and it already is) we'll have more to talk about than whether the game is good or not and things'll get more interesting here.

On a more positive note - I'd love a CM forum too!

Have fun
Finn

#2249315 - 07/02/07 01:11 PM Re: SimHQ Mods: Please can we have a Combat Mission forum [Re: FinnN]  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
Short answer to your question, no.

Not now anyways.

As to the behavior in this forum, I have addressed that. If you'd like to discuss why we do things, don't do things, up down sideways, sign in my thread in the Feedback Forum. Happy to talk about it there.

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#2249382 - 07/02/07 02:52 PM Re: SimHQ Mods: Please can we have a Combat Mission forum [Re: 20mm]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
FYI...CM is a turned based strategy game...it should be talked about there... ToW is for, well ToW...

#2249494 - 07/02/07 04:54 PM Re: SimHQ Mods: Please can we have a Combat Mission forum [Re: Magnum]  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
BTW, we had one once. It was never used. That is why it went away.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.