Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2247406 - 06/29/07 05:46 PM patch 1.0.12 just doesn't like me or my computer!!!  
pharoah1 Offline
pharoah1  Offline

Unknown
I finally got the patch to fully install.(i did have the game modifed with the option to fly all aircraft). After i changed the modified file back to it's original format i double clicked the patch. Everything installed like it was designed and i was excited. I intialized the game and got the video introduction. After the introduction was complete, i got a black screen. I waited and waited and waited, but the black screen remained. I restarted my computer and STILL a black screen when i started the game....................this patch just doesn't like me or my cpu \:\( Can anyone help..................

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2247414 - 06/29/07 05:56 PM Re: patch 1.0.12 just doesn't like me or my computer!!! [Re: pharoah1]  
Polak Offline
Hotshot
Polak  Offline
Hotshot

New York, NY
Actually do not know if this could be of any help to you, but similar thin occured to me yesterday with my installation of F4AF.

The only difference was that I was missing picture @ the introductory video and then the program was not progressing anywhere. I went through the hardship of reinstalling entire F4AF, but to no avail. I finally figured that it had to do something with video codec, which on occasion of playing with other program, I installed K-lite Codec MegaPack that very day. After I unistalled that Mega Pack, my F4A4 returned.

#2247438 - 06/29/07 06:26 PM Re: patch 1.0.12 just doesn't like me or my computer!!! [Re: pharoah1]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
Originally Posted By: pharoah1
I finally got the patch to fully install.(i did have the game modifed with the option to fly all aircraft). After i changed the modified file back to it's original format i double clicked the patch. Everything installed like it was designed and i was excited. I intialized the game and got the video introduction. After the introduction was complete, i got a black screen. I waited and waited and waited, but the black screen remained. I restarted my computer and STILL a black screen when i started the game....................this patch just doesn't like me or my cpu \:\( Can anyone help..................

Sounds like a Codec issue for movies, there are some codecs in "K-
lite" codec pack that can cause problems.

Our FAQ has some info on this
""21. I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. Sometimes I
also can not get into the User Interface - the parachute icon shows,
but I need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the program. What is wrong?
You might have installed a 3rd party video codec packages. They can
cause all possible issues and problems. For example, the K-Lite video
codec package is known to cause problems with Falcon 4.0 Allied Force.
If you have this installed, do the following:
Open Klite Codec pack > Configuration > Fddshow > Video decoder
configuration and change the MP42 format entry to disabled by clicking
on libavcodec.
As a result the standard MS codec will play the AVI movies and FDDshow
is not used for this type. Falcon will run fine with movies then.""

You can also disable opening movies from running by opening and editing
the "options.cfg" file in your C:\Program Files\Lead
Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\config (default path)

edit line to look like this
gi_SkipIntro=1

then rename all the movies in the movies folder for each theater type
to org_xxxx or whatever you like. this will disable all movies and
should get you going.

Ed

#2247779 - 06/30/07 04:37 AM Re: patch 1.0.12 just doesn't like me or my computer!!! [Re: Ed_1]  
pharoah1 Offline
pharoah1  Offline

Unknown
Yes i do have k-lite, but i had no problem playing the game BEFORE i installed the patch. Is there something new inside the patch that causes an unhappy response from K-Lite???

#2247889 - 06/30/07 10:53 AM Re: patch 1.0.12 just doesn't like me or my computer!!! [Re: pharoah1]  
RICO78 Offline
RICO78  Offline

France
For me I had the same problem, since I disable the new feature "always check for update" chek it and put "never" it seems the check update if there is no connection make the black screen,there is certainly a line in a .txt but I dont know where contact LP for this problem,try a reinstall also it's always better with patch.

#2247959 - 06/30/07 02:04 PM Re: patch 1.0.12 just doesn't like me or my computer!!! [Re: pharoah1]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
no, the Codec issue is not new to 1.012 . I really don't know when it started but can say we had numerous reports around 1.09 patch (might be K-lite did a update on there codec pack)

Ed

#2247960 - 06/30/07 02:04 PM Re: patch 1.0.12 just doesn't like me or my computer!!! [Re: RICO78]  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
Originally Posted By: RICO78
For me I had the same problem, since I disable the new feature "always check for update" chek it and put "never" it seems the check update if there is no connection make the black screen,there is certainly a line in a .txt but I dont know where contact LP for this problem,try a reinstall also it's always better with patch.

can you give more info, when this happened and you run AF do you have Internet access ?
Also what system specs/hardware do you have.

The auto-updater does run when you start but if you don't have access or problem with connecting to check update it should continue on with no errors.

Ed

Last edited by Ed_1; 06/30/07 02:09 PM.
#2248085 - 06/30/07 06:16 PM Re: patch 1.0.12 just doesn't like me or my computer!!! [Re: Ed_1]  
pharoah1 Offline
pharoah1  Offline

Unknown
No.........if i am running a game in solo mode(my preffered mode of flying) i always disconnect my internet access. It probably is the codec, i thought i had updated the sim higher, but i was still on 1.0.07 :(, so i probably was oblivious to the codec issue. Here are my specs below:

Cpu speed-2.52 ghz
Memory-640mb
graphic card 64mb Nvidia geforce (pci setup)
Windows XP SP version 1

I will try and disable the updater and fiddle with K-lite(might uninstall it all together) and see what happens. I hate reinstalling the game..........so i definitely want to avoid that. If there is any more advice, i am all ears!!!!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.