Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#2243146 - 06/23/07 11:13 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
SlapahoUK1 Offline
SlapahoUK1  Offline

Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
I'd be fired inside of ten minutes if I treated my clients this way.

is that like if you did two fries and a milkshake with the double burger instead of two diet cokes and a salad \:D

the update is what was asked for - any update - update is there is no further information available - that was the update.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2243152 - 06/23/07 11:40 PM Re: Patch update [Re: SlapahoUK1]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
So I'm to believe that in two-plus weeks, there has been no progress at all, because that's what the "update" says if you read it your way. If you read it and try to even give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they've not been sitting on their rears for two weeks doing nothing, then the likely conclusion includes that they don't know squat, and that they're probably (just an educated guess) being hung out to dry by 1C.

Putting a smiley behind it doesn't make you less of a snot, by the way...and it's exactly like that, incidentally, except the proper analogy would be giving two fries and a milkshake and then telling the poor slob you gave it to that it WAS really two diet cokes and that he should just RTFM and if he didn't like it, get out. Oh, and also, that the extra burger he was promised (multiplayer) and that is described on the friggin box, as well as the toy surprise, promised with his meal (the Moscow add-on) was tied up in production, so sorry, now that we have your money, we'll just "catcha next time" on those little details.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 06/23/07 11:48 PM.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#2243358 - 06/24/07 08:58 AM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
SlapahoUK1 Offline
SlapahoUK1  Offline

snot? nm

People asked for an update - they got one. The funniest thing is that the patch will do nothing but nerf the game. Glad I completed it. Hope it fixes the issues for those who cant run the game, but for those who could and dont like the game anyway, more negative post fodder for you when its released.

by the way...and it's exactly like that, incidentally = englisch bitte? \:\)

lighten up = if it means that much to you I will send you the money (30 euros !). I spend more on a dinner each day.

edit: MP does work - have you played it?

Last edited by SlapahoUK1; 06/24/07 08:59 AM.
#2243494 - 06/24/07 03:19 PM Re: Patch update [Re: SlapahoUK1]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
This is an update and example of customer service (but I suspect the difference will be lost on you):

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1471014

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#2244237 - 06/25/07 06:18 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Perhaps a C&D letter is what's *really* holding up the patch?

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=1147

http://www.the-underdogs.info/company.php?id=407

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatre_Of_War_%28computer_game%29

and from wiki:

"the Three-Sixty lawsuit

Because C1 Entertainment decided to name the game Theatre of War which is currently a RTS game taht was developed and published by Three-Sixty Pacific, Three-Sixty requests that C1 immediatly change the name of their product."

Last edited by Airdrop01; 06/26/07 02:34 AM.

#2244266 - 06/25/07 07:00 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
SlapahoUK1 Offline
SlapahoUK1  Offline

Lets call it ... ToW - job done \:\)

The russian company wont care - but BFC might.

#2244408 - 06/25/07 10:37 PM Re: Patch update [Re: SlapahoUK1]  
Gnasher Offline
Gnasher  Offline

West Sussex UK
1C seem to be always falling foul of US law, 1st there was IL2 & Grumman Northrop, now this malarky!

We bloody need a patch soon & some well designed community designed missions, is all I can say! 99bottles

#2244444 - 06/25/07 11:36 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Gnasher]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Oh my gosh:

Quote:
Originally posted by Madmatt:
News to me... And the patch will be available within 24 hours. Promise!

Madmatt

\:D

#2244455 - 06/26/07 12:12 AM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
Krull Offline
Krull  Offline

I remember the Gruman issue in IL2.

Patch in 24 hours?

Man, they just keep on digging............

Conroe E6600* 150GB WD Raptor* BFG nForce 680i SLI PCI MoBo* 2 x BFG 8800GTX in SLI* 4GB OCZ Nvidia SLI 1066 DDR2* Audigy X-FI Fatal1ty Edition* 1000kw BFG PSU* Logitec Z-680 5.1 THX Cert* Dell 3007WFP-HC 30"* Windows XP Professional SP2
#2244572 - 06/26/07 04:40 AM Re: Patch update [Re: Krull]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
Originally Posted By: Krull
I remember the Gruman issue in IL2.

Patch in 24 hours?

Man, they just keep on digging............

Are you talking? I am downloading the patch as I type this.

Last edited by flakwagon; 06/26/07 04:41 AM.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#2244634 - 06/26/07 08:09 AM Re: Patch update [Re: commorange]  
SlapahoUK1 Offline
SlapahoUK1  Offline

Downloading now - I am off today (yay) so I will be testing it. Below are the details as posted on the BFC website;

Battle for Moscow Add-on and Game Patch (v1.3.0.56)

We are thrilled to announce the release of the highly anticipated Theatre of War Battle for Moscow Add-on and Game Patch. This add-on/patch not only adds a new 10 Mission Russian Campaign to the game, but also a full Map Editor as well as many game fixes, additions and optimizations. The Battle for Moscow Add-On and Game Patch is 234 megs in size.

The is the first patch for Theatre of War but we are planning on more content and improvements in the future!

This Add-on and patch will update your game to version 1.3.0.56. Please read below for important information about this patch and Add-on.

Gameplay Patch issues and additions:

* Map Editor Added (accessed via the builder.exe program or in the ToW Program Group shortcut "Map Builder")
* A new 10 mission "Battle for Moscow 1941" Campaign Added. Accessed via the "Extra Campaigns" option in the Campaign List page
* Various fixes and changes to earlier campaign missions
* Improved logging functions to help with determining the causes of certain crashes
* Hot keys for Unit Formations, Movement Modes, Hold Fire and Hold Position commands added
* Better handling of the Reverse Command for vehicles, tanks, SPG's, armored cars and Artillery units
* Various AI behavior changes to units implemented
* Expanded sound system (hear sounds further away and louder in some cases)
* Improved sounds
* Waypoints added for units (hold 'shift' key when issuing movement orders to place waypoints)
* Units no longer stop when they receive a new order
* LOS tweaks - The visibility conditions through forest were changed
* AI Targeting behavior tweaked so that they can better fire on Hull Down targets
* Game speed acceleration/deceleration feature added (accessed via the "Change time speed" hotkey currently)
* Fixed bug with the units boarding certain vehicles
* Some Multiplayer load bugs during client loading were fixed (more fixes will be coming in future patches)
* Fixed AT Guns not being able to have commands issued in some situations
* Fixed Load Game/Save Game errors
* Towsetup 'Autodetect' functions improved
* Mission Editor "wrong application version error" bug fixed
* Improvements to the gun towing process implemented
* Units now better at holding position when they are in defensive positions
* Various Mission Editor errors corrected
* New "License Helper" utility (called License_Helper.exe) added to help those that had issues with the eLicense program freezing or locking up in the past (see note below)
* New manual "Unlicense" short cut added to game program group (to unlicense game without uninstalling)
* Extensive improvements to Performance and Stability (see note below)

Performance and Stability Note:

This patch includes various improvements to the game code to increase performance and stability for regular, hyperthreading and multicore CPU's. Further patches (to be released in the future) will add more optimizations and improvements in this area as well as improvements to Multiplay.

If this patch version exhibits frequent crashes or lockups, while in the past you did not encounter them, we have included a special .exe version which does not include the same performance updates, but includes all the other items listed above. To launch this special version of the game, browse to your game folder and double-click on the file name "ToW_1.4.exe". That will launch a version of the game that has all of the same fixes listed above EXCEPT for the new performance/stability tweaks.

License Helper Utility:

If you have had problems with the eLicense program locking up on you in the past when you have tried to enter your license code, please browse into your game folder and double-click on the file called "ToW_Helper.exe", that should now allow the license system to function without freezing.

Previous Patches Note:
This Battle for Moscow Add-on and Game Patch is all inclusive and includes the same fixes that were featured in the earlier eLicense Freeze Patch and the DVD Compatibility Patch.

Version Note:

This game Add-on and Patch content will be added to download version of Theatre of War in the very near future. If you download your copy of Theatre of War after June 25th, please run the game and check the version # before you install this patch. If your version number is listed as 1.3.0.56 on the main menu screen, you do NOT need to download this patch.

Edit - there is mention of future patches, specifically MP and no mention of paying more (although I dont think they would at this point) but it seems for a first patch its pretty extensive and covers most of the things people complained about.

I shall be back later with how the patch went.

Last edited by SlapahoUK1; 06/26/07 08:12 AM.
#2244645 - 06/26/07 08:41 AM Re: Patch update [Re: commorange]  
FinnN Offline
FinnN  Offline

Downloading here too, shame I won't get a chance to play until tomorrow probably.

About the 'lawsuit', well BF have said it's a hoax and considering the poor quality of the wiki addition, complete with appalling spelling and grammar, even before that it wasn't very convincing.

Have fun
Finn

#2245036 - 06/26/07 08:13 PM Re: Patch update [Re: FinnN]  
Gnasher Offline
Gnasher  Offline

West Sussex UK
Yeah well the patch has done a beaut on my game playing, my wife is all set to become the 1st ToW widow! \:D

Game runs much MUCH smooother on multicore absolutely no slow down that I used to get at all, in fact a positive boost in all respects. Maybe it's the new compiler that 1C have been complaining about availabily in Russia for up to date compilers/anything tech (That'll be the US DoD you need to thank for that, they really are quite repressive on IP/tech exports.).

Well done BFC/1C job well done 200% improvement Now sort the bloody air support (Typhoon & Stuka + rockets for all + IL2) & a Flak 36 out! \:D

Hmm it will be interesting to get Chaz's thoughts ( if any, I think this may be a silencer apart from building entry & of course MP which isn't broken but isnt all that easy to sort out.). This assumes of course that he dls & plays it

PS: It seems like I did smell some BS over the legal wrangle as I said on the BFC forum!!! Thanks for the info, even if duff, Airdrop01.

Last edited by Gnasher; 06/26/07 08:33 PM.
#2245117 - 06/26/07 09:25 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Gnasher]  
FinnN Offline
FinnN  Offline

I wish smoke was sexy so that more people would ask for it, it's a gaping hole when simulating infantry or tank/at gun fights over open terrain...I hope it gets included in a future patch or add-on. Patch looks good at first glance though.

Have fun
Finn

#2245475 - 06/27/07 07:26 AM Re: Patch update [Re: FinnN]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
Ditto the smoke.

But one thing at a time . . .

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.