Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2224540 - 05/31/07 07:43 AM NEWS: Call of Duty 3 - New Bravo Map Pack Released.  
Hengist Offline
Hengist  Offline

Balsa Munitions R&D Institutio...
Activision and Treyarch will release the Bravo map pack on Xbox Live Marketplace Thursday, the 31st of May. The pack contains the following maps; Aller Haut, Seine River, Rimling, Marseilles and Gare Centrale. The new maps cost 800 Microsoft Points. The new maps are supposed to be huge.

I only downloaded the Valour Map Pack yesterday, and today it looks like I have another pack to grab \:\)

"In Aller Haut, the Axis begin in a hilltop abbey looking down on the Allied village below. It's a steep hill, but the Americans get some help with some vehicles located at the base. The Germans, meanwhile, have a nice position for snipers. Of course, the terrain can either help or hinder you depending on the game type. In War, for example, you take points on the map, similar to Battlefield games. Working uphill is a challenge -- there are steep rock faces that you'll have to go around. The Krauts, on the other hand, can simply run straight down.

The Seine River is an urban landscape as you fight in a small village on the banks of the river that eventually flows through the city of light. It's night and a thin layer of fog veils the landscape. Bombed-out trucks litter the roads. The stillness is calm, yet foreboding. From the banks of the river, you fight uphill through narrow streets and cramped yards, a good map for heavy gunners rather than snipers.

Rimling is a small French village and site of one of the last great battles of the European campaign. There, a single regiment successfully defeated an entire German division, paving the way for the fall of Berlin soon after. The map is fairly closed without much open space, although a canal winds its way through the town. There are a few sniping spots behind bunkers or on the roofs of building, but this is another of those COD3 maps where danger will come at your around any corner.

Gare Centrale is a remake of the old Depot map from the original Call of Duty. As such, you'll notice that it's a little smaller in size than the rest, but there is still plenty of room to run around abandoned train cars, boxes and vehicle. Plus, there's a sweet water tower from which snipers can hound enemy troops. Some highlights on this maze of a map include popping out behind train cars to fire down the tracks at unsuspecting foes. It's too bad you can't ram Nazis with some of the old forklifts lying around.

Finally, we have Marseilles, inspired by Karkov from Allied Offensive. This may be the best map of the bunch, thanks to the great variety of terrain, the wide open streets and the numerous sniping locations. This map is great for almost every game mode we played, especially capture the flag and war. Using tanks to continually push your team forward is a rush, but so is calling in an artillery strike with your scout."

Source

Hengist.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2224549 - 05/31/07 08:00 AM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 - New Bravo Map Pack released today. [Re: Hengist]  
x T3KNO x Offline
x T3KNO x  Offline

Belfast, N.Ireland
you getting em Hengist - If i get points today ill be able to pick up both packs.

"The hand grenade is an equal opportunities weapon. Everyone gets a bit".

XBL tag = x T3KNO x

http://www.lynxgamer.com

#2224581 - 05/31/07 09:27 AM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 - New Bravo Map Pack released today. [Re: x T3KNO x]  
Hengist Offline
Hengist  Offline

Originally Posted By: x T3KNO x
you getting em Hengist

Downloading them, as I type this reply, Techno.

Hengist.
#2224604 - 05/31/07 10:22 AM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 - New Bravo Map Pack released today. [Re: Hengist]  
x T3KNO x Offline
x T3KNO x  Offline

Belfast, N.Ireland
Ill pick my points up tomorrow - trading in Lost planet, GoW, Spiderman 3 so should get some good £££ for those

"The hand grenade is an equal opportunities weapon. Everyone gets a bit".

XBL tag = x T3KNO x

http://www.lynxgamer.com

#2224608 - 05/31/07 10:38 AM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 - New Bravo Map Pack released today. [Re: x T3KNO x]  
Hengist Offline
Hengist  Offline

It's time that I also did a spot more trading in. On my list to get rid of are...

Gears of War.
F.E.A.R.
Crackdown.
Test Drive Unlimited.
Ridge Racer 6.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

See you tomorrow, if not before, Techno.

Hengist.
#2224616 - 05/31/07 11:05 AM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 - New Bravo Map Pack released today. [Re: Hengist]  
Leeman Offline
Leeman  Offline

New England
I'll be grabbing the new maps tonight for sure.

I played CoD3 for a bit over the weekend and had quite a bit of fun. I bought the last map pack when it first came out but hadn't touched it till last weekend.

But, it didn't take long to re-discover how much fun this game can be on XBL.

Leeman/LeemzHQ
#2224775 - 05/31/07 02:56 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 - New Bravo Map Pack released today. [Re: Leeman]  
Hengist Offline
Hengist  Offline

Originally Posted By: Leeman
hadn't touched it till last weekend.

But, it didn't take long to re-discover how much fun this game can be on XBL.

I had a similar experience Leemz, but for me it was the Halo 3 multiplayer beta demo that got me back into CoD3. I was playing Halo 3 online and thought to myself, If I'm going to play a fast paced game, then I'd sooner it was CoD3 rather than this super fast, twitchy, bunny hopping Halo 3 bollocks. I fired up CoD3 and had a great time. I'd also forgotten how fun this game is online.

Hengist.
#2225582 - 06/01/07 04:35 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 - New Bravo Map Pack released today. [Re: Hengist]  
Leeman Offline
Leeman  Offline

New England
Yeah, I had a lot of fun some months back playing with you and many of the SimHQ regulars. I'd like to get back into doing that again.

I still haven't grabbed the latest map-pack yet. Probably get it tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

See you Saturday.

Leeman/LeemzHQ
#2225868 - 06/01/07 11:18 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 - New Bravo Map Pack released today. [Re: Leeman]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
Got it! Now I gotta wait til Saturday morning to play it!

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.