Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2219035 - 05/24/07 05:28 PM Problem with CM11  
-JJH- Offline
-JJH-  Offline

Hi,
I finally got RB3D + HASP up and running on my new PC. For some reason, Gabi's reprogrammed GlidOS caused A LOT of CTDs. Anyway, with dgVoodoo, this was corrected. Anyway, I thought everything is ok, but next problem is with CM11.

I'm following Nowi's excellent campaign system and I frequently edit campaign missions with MissionGEN before flying them. I started a career as a German in august 1915, flying with Fokker E.III. On my fourth mission, I shot down a Morane, which landed and crashed on German side of the front. Game did not credit me with a kill, so according to Nowi's suggestions since the frenchman landed on german side of the fron, I though I shall edit campaign and add one victory for myself.

But, how do I do that? My pilot isn't in the pilot list. In addition, I cannot edit my squadron mates' data either...if I click 'view pilots', the CM shows a list of my squadron mates. Ok, I double-click one of the names and CM warns me:

"This screen has not been completed yet. The rank information is not correct and you cannot save any edits you make. Just close the window to exit the screen"...say what?

Is this normal CM behaviour or what is going on?

-JJ-

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2219095 - 05/24/07 06:22 PM Re: Problem with CM11 [Re: -JJH-]  
Lucky_1 Offline
Lucky_1  Offline

Mehlingen, Germany
If a plane lands, it does not register as a kill all the time. Usually what I do, ammo permitting, is make a strafing run on him, and then you get credit for the kill. You can do the same by the way, if you're damaged, just land and sometimes your crate will instantly repair itself.

#2219381 - 05/24/07 11:52 PM Re: Problem with CM11 [Re: Lucky_1]  
Skiddmark Offline
Skiddmark  Offline

Glenville WV USA
When using Gabi's reprogrammed "0.09rc9" there are settings you don't normally see in the other GlidOs wrappers, RefreshRate being one. Your monitor uses different refresh rates at different resolutions. Depending on your machine, if there is a mismatch between ref rate and res you may get DTD's or some other crazy display anomalies.
Fortunately, Gabi and Dege have been working together to bring us a dGvoodoo wrapper better tuned for RB3D's peculiar requirements!
Sorry I can't help with the mission editing problem. I have never known CM11 to be anything but perfect and it should work well with MissionGen since it is used a lot with WFP. Therefor maybe the early start date for HASP left something out of the mission editing and/or Pilot record possibilities. Try another Campaign with normal starting date and see if the problem persists.

Last edited by Skiddmark; 05/25/07 12:07 AM.

Computer = PHENOMX3
MOBO: ASUS M4A78 Plus
OS = Microsoft Windows XP SP3 Home Edition (5.1,build 2600)
Processor = AMD 8750 triple core 2.4GHz
RAM = 3328 MB
DX 9.0c
Nvidia GeForce GS 250, 512MB
Realtek HD audio
Disk Drives:
Floppy's: D: HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H21L, E: ASUS CD-S480/A5
HD's: C:ST3250310AS 250Gb
F: Maxtor 6L250S0 250Gb
H: SM_USB20 flash drive 4Gb
Monitor: Proscan 32" LCD TV in VGA mode.
#2219589 - 05/25/07 04:56 AM Re: Problem with CM11 [Re: -JJH-]  
Birdbrain Offline
Birdbrain  Offline

Tallahassee, Florida
Originally Posted By: -JJH-
On my fourth mission, I shot down a Morane, which landed and crashed on German side of the front. Game did not credit me with a kill, so according to Nowi's suggestions since the frenchman landed on german side of the fron, I though I shall edit campaign and add one victory for myself.

But, how do I do that? My pilot isn't in the pilot list. In addition, I cannot edit my squadron mates' data either...if I click 'view pilots', the CM shows a list of my squadron mates. Ok, I double-click one of the names and CM warns me:

"This screen has not been completed yet. The rank information is not correct and you cannot save any edits you make. Just close the window to exit the screen"...say what?

Is this normal CM behaviour or what is going on?

-JJ-

JJ, there is no tool for RB that easily lets you add a kill. The "View Pilots" function in CM that you are trying to use evidently was not finished.

You have to edit the campaign.dat, (campgnXX.dat, in your campaign folder), file with a hex editor to award pilots victories or decorations. Mark66 in his "Extreme Rules" at Nowi's site says it's easy. It doesn't look easy to me, but if you ask Mark over at the SWWISA forum, I'm sure he would give you some pointers. Here's Sygrod's page on the mysteries of campaign.dat: http://home.golden.net/~ksharman/rb/Campaign.htm .

As ever,
Birdbrain
#2219604 - 05/25/07 05:23 AM Re: Problem with CM11 [Re: Birdbrain]  
-JJH- Offline
-JJH-  Offline

Hmm, thanks for the info guys, I somehow thought score editing could been done in CM, but apparently it requires hex editing. Though simple editing is ok with me, I think this time, I'm going to leave that one kill out of my records.

Skiddmark, I'll see if I have time to play with Gabi's "0.09rc9" settings. The Red Baron looked a lot better on my machine with Gabi's wrapper, but it's not THAT bad on dgVoodoo either. I think at the moment I can live with this, especially since 1.31 dgVoodoo seems to be rock solid on my system!

-JJ-

Oh, if someone (like Gabi) is interested, here is a brief description of my system and what happened with reprogrammed "0.09rc9":

Athlon 64 x2 3800 + MSI K9N Neo
ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 256mb GDDR3 PCI-E, (I'll have to look the catalyst version number)
Win XP Pro (incl. SP2)
GamePort Joystick (CH Products HOTAS system, 6-7 yrs old \:D \:D )

Red Baron II + 3D Patch including 1.0.7.8 patch
Hell's Angels Super Patch + SP3 + OTE 4-seasons scenery
CM11 + MissionGEN (for HA) + ReLoad + AI slider
Also, I hex edited the horizon distance (64 -> FF) \:\)

With reprogrammed "0.09rc9" Fly Now works perfectly, every time. No problems with that, but if I start a career, I can every time fly only one sortie. If I immediately try to start another sortie, the game CTDs every time. However, when restarting the game, I can fly again. This means, that I could fly only one sortie per RB session!!

Things get more peculiar if I tried to use MissionGEN to massage the next campaign mission. With reprogrammed wrapper installed, if I used MissionGEN, I could not fly even that one mission...clicking that "Next Mission" button on Campaign screen caused immediate CTD, every time.

At first, I really thought that there was an WinXP issue with my RB, but after fighting this problem for an hour, I decided to try some other wrapper, just to be sure. To my surprise, 1.31 dgVoodoo did the trick for me. Now using MissionGEN does not cause CTDs, I can fly several sorties in a row (of course, exiting to RB main screen, Alt-Tabbing to massage the mission etc. you know the drill), no problems at all. The game is ROCK SOLID at the moment. The only down side in changing the wrapper is a bit degraded graphics quality, but like I said, I think I can live with that :)...maybe I could try to increase the resolution with FCJ-CP, hoping to get better graphics...on the other hand, I don't play this game for eye-candy...

#2219621 - 05/25/07 05:52 AM Re: Problem with CM11 [Re: -JJH-]  
Birdbrain Offline
Birdbrain  Offline

Tallahassee, Florida
I always had problems with OpenGLide. Ground and cloud textures would tear as I flew close to them. Gabi's improvements made no difference for me. I continue to use dgVoodoo. I would welcome an improved version of dgVoodoo from Dege and Gabi. I don't use MissionGen at all, because my Athlon 1 gig PC can't handle the greater number of aircraft that MissionGen assigns to missions.

As ever,
Birdbrain

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.