Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2216007 - 05/21/07 08:32 AM NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way  
Hengist Offline
Hengist  Offline

Balsa Munitions R&D Institutio...
Activision continues to support the virtual troops with the Bravo Map Pack, set to hit Xbox Live Marketplace toward the end of May. Like the previous Valor pack released in January, Bravo will also feature a combination of new maps and old maps from previous COD titles, reworked for the Xbox 360. Bravo will also cost 800 Microsoft Points.

The new maps include Aller Haut, Seine River and Rimling. Aller Haut is a mostly outdoor map as you move across open terrain and trails. The Germans begin from an elevated position in a hilltop abbey, perfect for snipers and as a point of high ground. Of course, the Americans' rumbling tank (the only vehicle on the map) can eliminate that advantage with one placed shell, so watch your six!

Aller Haut.
The Seine River requires considerably more stealth as you move about a small, riverside village under the cover of night. A thick layer of fog blankets the river and village, making for a spooky feel as an enemy bullet can cut through the fog at any moment.

Seine River.
On Rimling, you'll fight in the historic German village of the same name, a site where a single Allied regiment fended off an entire German division in 1945, thwarting the Nazi efforts as the Americans and Russians continued their advances toward Berlin. You'll fight through a canal and also a water mill.

Rimling.
Gare Centrale is a remodeled version of Depot, a favorite map from the original Call of Duty. The warehouses, water towers and trains make for a variety of interesting combat, and we can't wait to see this old fav sparkling in high definition. You can jump from rooftop to rooftop to work for a strategic advantage.

Merseilles.
The fifth and final map, Merseilles, is inspired by Karkov from COD: United Offensive. The town is in ruins and as such, there is a lot of open terrain. You can move between the two trains that split the area in two, or grab a jeep, tank or motorcycle to get around this fairly large map.

Producer Sam Nouriani from Activision remembers one heated battle as his team tested the maps:

"We were playing a 24-player CTF game on Merseilles and we were at a deadlock with 2 captures for both teams with the Axis up on points. With about a minute left, two guys on the Allied side were hauling ass through the level on the motorcycle with the side car (while everyone else was engage in other battles) and snagged the Axis flag. As soon as the flag was picked up, every Axis player was after them. The motorcycle was taking evasive maneuvers while other Allies tried to provide suppressing fire. An Axis tank was trying to shoot it, but the motorcycle was too quick. The motorcycle then launched off of a ramp leaning on one of the train cars, flew through the air over the trains and was about to land on the Allies' side when an Axis player took them out mid-air with a panzerschreck. It was a mad dash to recover the flag and then a bit of a stand-off. The Allies finally recovered the flag but time was up. Since it was a tie on captures, Axis won on points."

Source: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/782/782131p1.html

Hengist.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2216027 - 05/21/07 09:48 AM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way [Re: Hengist]  
x T3KNO x Offline
x T3KNO x  Offline

Belfast, N.Ireland
CoD seems to get allot of 'aftercare' in regards to new maps. Must fire it up again - had some fun on that game. Would be good if we could get a server with all the regular players on it.

"The hand grenade is an equal opportunities weapon. Everyone gets a bit".

XBL tag = x T3KNO x

http://www.lynxgamer.com

#2216164 - 05/21/07 01:46 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way [Re: x T3KNO x]  
Jeevz Offline
Duke of URL
Jeevz  Offline
Duke of URL
Veteran

Clermont, FL
It sounds like they'll be introducing a party system in CoD4 from the article in the new Game Informer.

Commence to Jigglin'
#2216380 - 05/21/07 05:26 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way [Re: Jeevz]  
PositiveG Offline
Veteran
PositiveG  Offline
Veteran

Too bad they don't just release a map editor, like Farcry, but that would cut into their 800 points per pack system they have going.

For this reason, I would recommend any and all to buy Farcry, the map editor is very interesting to play with. A tweakers dream!

I played this yesterday and had a ball with it. Gameplay is very COD'ish, but with modern weapons/vehicles.

#2216496 - 05/21/07 07:45 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way [Re: PositiveG]  
Jeevz Offline
Duke of URL
Jeevz  Offline
Duke of URL
Veteran

Clermont, FL
I tried the multiplayer demo of Far Cry and didn't like it, never liked the FC MP on PC either. I would like to see more games with map editors though.

Commence to Jigglin'
#2217018 - 05/22/07 12:43 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way [Re: Jeevz]  
PositiveG Offline
Veteran
PositiveG  Offline
Veteran

I whipped up another killer map yesterday. A Myan ruin theme, center arena, protected spawn points, equidistant sample collection zones, sniper spots, melee spots, fun stuff. There's a few good game modes, lots of options. Time of day adjustments for the maps, etc.

The game play to me, is similar to UT with a bit of COD thrown in.
Depending on the maps they can be either intense or stealthy. Too bad you guys didn't own it, with the new patch it's pretty fun. It would be more fun as if you're playing with people you know.

Sniper rifles
Machine Guns
Sub Machine guns.
Assault Rifles
Rocket Launchers
Med packs
Armor packs.
ATVs.
Trucks
Jet Ski's
Boats
Hand Gliders
Zip lines
Preditor power ups.

#2217040 - 05/22/07 01:26 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way [Re: PositiveG]  
x T3KNO x Offline
x T3KNO x  Offline

Belfast, N.Ireland
might pick it up again if i can get it cheap - i see J5haw has been playing it quite a bit lately 2

"The hand grenade is an equal opportunities weapon. Everyone gets a bit".

XBL tag = x T3KNO x

http://www.lynxgamer.com

#2217055 - 05/22/07 02:06 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way [Re: x T3KNO x]  
Leeman Offline
Leeman  Offline

New England
I haven't played CoD3 in months. But, if many of the "regulars" get the map pack I'll grab it too.

Leeman/LeemzHQ
#2217064 - 05/22/07 02:23 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way [Re: Leeman]  
Jeevz Offline
Duke of URL
Jeevz  Offline
Duke of URL
Veteran

Clermont, FL
I only have the free map.

+G and I played some on Sunday. I'd forgotten how smooth it runs and how good the pacing is in war mode. We were in a looooooong back and forth battle before finally losing to the allies but it was fun nonetheless.

Commence to Jigglin'
#2217090 - 05/22/07 02:54 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way [Re: Jeevz]  
Hengist Offline
Hengist  Offline

Balsa Munitions R&D Institutio...
I only have the free stuff as well.

What I like about CoD3, is that there's no waiting around in the lobby for the joined match to end. There's no waiting around in the lobby for people to join. You just jump in and start playing. The matches have 24 players, the graphics look great, the frame rate is silky smooth, the online experience is pretty much lag free (compared to other titles).

Also the game fosters a good sense of team play, without you actually having to know anyone on the team. You can just jump in, on your own, and still feel like you're playing in a team game. I think that this is due to the design of the 'War' mode game play, as I think that it's better than any of the Battlefield (or other conquest mode variations, that I've played in other titles) games. I only play the 'War' mode btw.

Hengist.
#2217123 - 05/22/07 03:54 PM Re: NEWS: Call of Duty 3 Map Pack on the Way [Re: Hengist]  
PositiveG Offline
Veteran
PositiveG  Offline
Veteran

The intensity on some of those maps is definetly a notch or two above what you experience in a GRAW2 or RB6:V match. Knowing the different spawn points (which are dependent on what area is under dispute), knowing all the angles/shortcuts per map make it interesting. Good fun it be.

I tried some CTF matches Hengist, they weren't too bad. It certainly made you explore/fight over, different map areas, but I agree that WAR mode is the best.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.