Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2140686 - 02/17/07 09:50 PM Thanks BeachAv8r  
vegasbob Offline
vegasbob  Offline

Vegas
Just gotta say thanks to beach for breathing new life into Flaming Cliffs. These missions are great for those of us who are mission building retarded. They are fun, fairly short and they are great for learning new skills in the 25T.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2140712 - 02/17/07 10:23 PM Re: Thanks BeachAv8r [Re: vegasbob]  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
No problem. My apologies about not making the briefing screens more indicative of what is supposed to happen in the missions...that is one area that I haven't really looked at in the mission editor. That is where a true mission "craftsman" can really shine..putting together the total package of a great briefing, a great mission design (challenging yet doable), and the assignment of target goals. I don't have any of that stuff in my crudely made missions...so I'm looking forward to flying some of the "real" missions once the training phase is over (we are approaching the end of training I think!)..

Thanks again for the kind words...but tons of credit should go to the guys that have made all the fantastic add-ons that I'm able to use in my missions (ModMan, skins, tutorials, documentation..etc..etc..).. The community here is great and I'm having a ton of fun getting into this sim..I never realized how much I was missing! \:\)

BeachAV8R

#2141315 - 02/18/07 06:55 PM Re: Thanks BeachAv8r [Re: BeachAV8R]  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Yep ditto. I can't say whether or not I'll get FC, but it definitely gets my respect for being a complex, hight-fidelity sim. Many people have dismissed all of LOMAC because in their view it is a survey sim, but I'm not sure it's that easy as far as this aircraft goes. This is definitely a study sim and really breaths new life into the lineup.

The fact that you are a real pilot also gives some legitimacy to the writing. And when you make mistakes, it actually makes me feel a little less skill-less because I can just look back and realize that even experienced pilots get stumped by it so it isn't just because I lack skills that causes errors. It actually does give me hope. I can say that the title is simply difficult which makes me feel much better than thinking "wow, I really suck at this sort of thing." It helps, really.

Your training report on EECH convinced me to spend a lot of money on ebay to get it (why I outta!) and I don't regret that. Some of my favourite sim moments ever have been in helicopters and EECH has been no exception to that rule.

I would really like to see some updates to your writing on Falcon. I think FalconAF may deserve a second look at the F-16 as well as some new training reports. For some reason I find it difficult to translate the Falcon 4 stuff into FalconAF. Not really sure why - maybe it's just my inexperience with Falcon. Of course, when LOBS comes out I may not have any time to devote to FalconAF at all.

Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.