Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#2094299 - 12/27/06 05:09 PM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
tony draper Offline
Hotshot
tony draper  Offline
Hotshot

newcastle/united kingdom
Well little things mean a lot,took off on the run along that taxi way again fired up electronics and closed canopy on the move,not being a chap to bug out without a fight the idea being to intercept the TU22,to late his bombs are already landing, one goes off just ahead but I managed to barrel past,thought of a stern chase on the Bear but one knows the buggah has lead spitting weaponry pointing aft,so I decide to go for the TU 95,meet him head on coming in and let rip at him,dunno if I hit or damaged him but both the TU22 and the TU95 are shot down,not before they have done their damage though because something shoots me up from behind ,punch out and jump to the other 25T still taxing,his nose wheel steering dont work so I jump into one of the 29's,the fight with the floggers is over so I take em home,all four 29's survive,except one who for some reason Diverts with bingo fuel,dunno what happened to him tried to rearm and refuel the fulcrum but it does not work for some reason, then that sneaky basard flogger comes along and shoots me up on the ground again.
hmmm, better luck next time.
:rolleyes:

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2094300 - 12/27/06 06:46 PM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
\:D @ Tony...

I never thought to refly the mission and attempt to shoot down anything else...hehe...good plan. Adapt and overcome.. I think both the Tu-22 and the Tu-95 both have some pretty impressive anti-aircraft guns on the back (radar controlled on the Bear?)..

Shot up on the ground again though eh? You need a quick deploy camo net installed... \:D

Funny stuff...

BeachAV8R

#2094301 - 12/27/06 07:07 PM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
tony draper Offline
Hotshot
tony draper  Offline
Hotshot

newcastle/united kingdom
Tried it again, I was right about that bear,coming up on his six in a 25 is a big mistake,so jumped into a Fulcrum and shot down the TU22(with missile),after many other adventures managed to land, again on the wrong airbase,one figured that out when the TU 95 comes tootling in lands right after me,never mind,scuttled off the runway and parked in the hanger,not the hardened shelter,that dammed 23 shows up again and does about six straffing runs on me inside the hanger on his own airbase,he blows lots of holes in same before he bugs out,supprisingly nothing hits me but he does get me front tire, I start her up again but cannot turn round,so I guess I am a POW
Think I will go after that 23 next time he obviously has a contract out on me,
:rolleyes:

#2094302 - 12/28/06 12:01 AM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
xdukex Offline
xdukex  Offline

Canada
Hey Beach,

I just want to say that I'm having the time of my life learning the 25T through your training tutorials. I've been around the forums for years under different handles due to brainfreezes when it comes to passwords after a new install :rolleyes: and I've been around pc sims alot longer than I'm willing to admit. Although I rarely post,I check in multiple times daily and the wealth of knowledge or even just the good laughs I've aquired through the years is priceless. I've only dabbled in Lomac and it never really pulled me in enough to spend the time needed to enjoy it or become profficient at it. Your tutorials have added something new to my hobby instead of reading,flying the lesson,reading, flying the lesson etc. as I've done for years with all sims. This is almost like being in training with other people as you seem to have perked things up in the forum. I just want you to know this is great for us veterans and not only for "noobs"

Keep'em commin'
xdukex

#2094303 - 12/28/06 02:15 AM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
Trident Offline
Trident  Offline

Germany
Yes, there's a tail gun on both bombers and it is radar guided in both cases too - the Tu-22M3 isn't called 'Backfire' for nothing \:D Certainly one of the more descriptive NATO codenames.

#2094304 - 12/28/06 02:41 AM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
DanTheSasquatch Offline
DanTheSasquatch  Offline

Illinois
I tried the mission and a MiG-27 tried sneakin up on me but I was goin way too slow for him, but he goes back and forth trying to bleed off airspeed, but it was too late...He didnt overshoot...he collided with me \:\(

Xbox Live Gamertag: DanTheSasquatch please add me!
#2094305 - 12/28/06 04:48 AM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
Tony D - That's awesome that you are reflying this mission over and over again and getting different results with different tactics...err..except for that -23 that has it in for you. What'd you do..sleep with his girlfriend or something??!

That's a good tactic if you need to destroy an enemy airbase I guess..just land and taxi around to all the structures you want destroyed and let the pursuing fighters shoot up everything.. :p

xdukex - Thanks for the comments...it has always been a little hobby of mine to share my learning as I go..it sort of makes it interesting for me..almost like I'm flying and writing a debrief for the purposes of learning (well..I am!). I always enjoy the suggestions from the experts because that is where I learn a lot...

Trident - Ah..does the radar in the tail set off the threat warning if you are about to get whacked by the cannon?

HH - I tried slowing down and flying on the edge of a stall to get the MiG-27 to overshoot once..but he started S-turning behind me much more efficiently and still managed to stay behind me. I was in the "burble" of the stall and was thinking I'd drop off on a wing and end up crashing into the sea...fun stuff trying to fly that Su-25T near the margins..! Bummer he collided with you.. \:D I think you still get a kill for that don't you?? ;\)

BeachAV8R

#2094306 - 12/28/06 06:51 PM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
Trident Offline
Trident  Offline

Germany
I went and tested it because I usually make a point of downing those bombers with missiles if I can (getting shot down by a bomber and with guns too, how much lower can a fighter pilot sink!) - so I didn't know for sure.

Interestingly enough, no you do *not* get a warning, which should be considered a bug (even the Bear and the Il-76 which both have a tailgunner also have a ranging radar)!

#2094307 - 12/28/06 07:29 PM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
EvilBivol-1 Offline
EvilBivol-1  Offline

LA
The RWR went through a significant realism upgrade in Flaming Cliffs. Lack of a theat warning from the bomber's radar may be a realistic feature or an unnoticed bug of those changes. Good question...

EB
Belsimtek/TFC Associate
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
#2094308 - 12/28/06 09:09 PM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
I would think it would be realistic IMO, since the SPO systems are based off of "cassettes" with (I guess anyways) pre-loaded frequencies for typical threats that the aircraft would face (such as the Nike Hercules.. but that's another oddity). They probably figure that if you know that a Tu-95 has a tail gun, or any similarly equipped aircraft, it shouldn't be added. Or it's so low powered that it'd probably never register.

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#2094309 - 12/29/06 12:56 PM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
Simplex Offline
Simplex  Offline

Germany
Most impressive mate.

This one is less a tutorial and feels more like an AAR, a very good one too! You should start writing short stories with images ;\)

the images are top stuff there mate. Among the best "raw" lomac shots I've seen for some time, more then en par with rugbutts! If you ever feel like it I'd love to see them at screenshotprints.com as well. Our Lomac and SF series rooms are starving :p

I was away over the holidays, has Thomas already managed to upload them to his page?

#2094310 - 12/29/06 07:41 PM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
Corsair8X Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ
Corsair8X  Offline
Dagestan, Dover, DMZ

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Simplex:
This one is less a tutorial and feels more like an AAR, a very good one too! You should start writing short stories with images ;\)
Yeah, great story Uncle Beach! \:\)

I'm learning and being entertained all at the same time.

Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time
#2094311 - 01/01/07 01:58 AM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Well I can't say that isn't stressful of a situation, but this is what you can look forward too. Note that I'm kinda in your boat, as far as landing symbology, and knowing if the altitude hold is on, A-10-wise anyways. But you can always give this a shot \:D

http://562.50megs.com/LOMAC/Tracks/a10samhunt.zip

With help from RSoro01 though, I may actually make this a tactics track for 1.12a, now that after analyzing it anyways. Happy New Year!

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#2094312 - 01/03/07 11:26 PM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
AntiGravity Offline
AntiGravity  Offline

What an amazing AAR.

I wish I could get a handle on the Sim like that.

Makes me want to reinstall LOMAC.

#2094313 - 01/04/07 01:46 AM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
DanTheSasquatch Offline
DanTheSasquatch  Offline

Illinois
Oh, I just noticed you installed the western style runways mod, Ive got that too, I like it a lot \:\)

Xbox Live Gamertag: DanTheSasquatch please add me!
#2094314 - 01/04/07 01:54 AM Re: LOMAC/FC: Training Mission #07  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
Thanks bradv...you can definitely get a handle on it..because I'm just barely getting it right now but am learning in little baby steps. It really does feel like an evolution of knowledge. I think mostly because these Russian planes are significantly different from Western aircraft (HUDs, avionics, etc..) is where the challenge lies.

Head_Hunter - Yep..I like the western style runways mod for some reason. Again..not ultra-realistic..but..I dig it.. \:\)

BeachAV8R

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.