Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1775904 - 09/05/06 05:42 AM What the FAC????????  
pharoah1 Offline
pharoah1  Offline

Unknown
As i was initiating my first campaign, i wanted to try a simple mission, just to get acclimated with things. I selected a FAC mission. Seeing that you don't have to shoot anything, i thought this mission was simple enough for a rookie. As i got to the FAC area, i called to the AWAC crew "FAC IN". My problem was i could not vector any of my strike packages to the targets i selected. I soon was stalked by a MIG-19, i had some ground stores, so i jettisoned them and ran away(hey........i am a rookie give me a break!!). After another flight took care of the MIG, i tried to re-enter the FAC area. I could not access my ground radar. I hit the Backspace key, but only got my gun straffing mode. I could no longer select any ground targets for my attack packages and failed my mission. My questions are:

1)How do you select ground radar with no ground ordinance?

2)How do you call in targets to a attack package when on a FAC mission?

I tried scrolling through the different communication transmissions via the TAB button, but found nothing that would direct my attack package to a target.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1775905 - 09/05/06 03:46 PM Re: What the FAC????????  
ericfa2a Offline
ericfa2a  Offline

France
Hi pahroah1 !! Welcome to Falcon AF !

1°) When you enter in A/G mode, the radar is slaved at your current weapon. As in FAC missions, you only have Rockets and Gun, the radar is in AGR mode to help you aim a ground target.
You must go in Nav mode and then select the GM or GMT radar mode.

2°) There is a doc in your Falcon 4 allied force / docs directory. It explains all you must know to success in FAC missions as the FAC or as the On-Call-CAS.
- Two things :

1°) In BAI or CAS missions, your package don't need your help often and take their tagets by themselves most of the time. In On-Call-CAS, they always call for targets.

2°) The patrol time as a FAC is 30 min between the two patrol waypoints. The patrol time that appears in the briefing screen is only for the strike flight, not for the FAC.

Good luck !!!!

Sorry for my bad English !!
#1775906 - 09/05/06 10:30 PM Re: What the FAC????????  
SUBS_17 Offline
SUBS_17  Offline

For FAC offline I check in with the AWACs then I check in as FAC. Following that the other flights will check in when they arrive. Locate targets and lock them up with A/G radar. Use Declare to ID the target then if its a bandit select one of the flights that checked in to attack the target. For online play you can mark with smoke and direct human flights with that as a reference point as well as obvious landmarks. Offline you can also use smoke for your own reference point as well as setting up a mark point on the HSD. Its important to do a reccon prior to take off and record locations of targets in the area as you can engage these as well. When your time is up select FAC out and then check out with AWACs and RTB.

"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer
#1775907 - 09/05/06 10:43 PM Re: What the FAC????????  
ericfa2a Offline
ericfa2a  Offline

France
I have nerver Check-in and check-out with awacs for Fac missions.
The only command i use are :

as fac :
-FAC in : at the first patrol waypoint
-Fac out when my 30 mn patrol ends.

as On-Call-Cas flight:
-Fac check in and Fac check out.

I have always succeed these missions without needed the Check in and the Check out in the awacs menu. I use them for CAP missions only, not for FAC.

Sorry for my bad English !!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.