Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1767890 - 03/29/06 10:43 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
Bard Offline
Bard  Offline

Victoria BC Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by SimFan:
"That Black Shark video looks fantastic. Can't wait to buy it"
You're right ...
If only it didn't offer StarForce as a 'bonus'. Wouldn't touch BS with gloves, even when given to me - reason why I did'nt mention this title in the first place \:\)
Agreed - it's not exactly like i'm left scratching my butt trying to find games to play.

starforce = no sale.

What WW2 Fighter pilots say about Angels and Airspeed:

"Nice job of getting down to the basics - love your choice of a cover!" Col. Clarence 'Bud' Anderson

"I have enjoyed reading angels and airspeed, it should prove good reading for all interested in combat tactics and their application related to the fluid air environment and state of technology in WWII years. All the best as you make it available." - Col. Charles McGee - Tuskegee Airman

NEVER ENGAGE STUPID.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1767891 - 03/29/06 11:11 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
LoD_Viper Offline
LoD_Viper  Offline

Southern Arizona in the good o...
Quote:
Originally posted by Bard:
Quote:
Originally posted by SimFan:
"That Black Shark video looks fantastic. Can't wait to buy it"
You're right ...
If only it didn't offer StarForce as a 'bonus'. Wouldn't touch BS with gloves, even when given to me - reason why I did'nt mention this title in the first place \:\)
Agreed - it's not exactly like i'm left scratching my butt trying to find games to play.

starforce = no sale.
That's a no-go for me as well....I hope we can boycott them into making a decision to swear off the SF crap.

#1767892 - 03/30/06 01:27 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
falcon47 Offline
falcon47  Offline

USA Southeast
HC - I doubt there's too many reading this forum who wouldn't agree with what you're saying. It's FlightSim Heaven - to have a completely operative ground, CAS (including GFAC, attack choppers, and Special Ops which has to include the C-130 gunships and Pavelows), and Naval, Marine, Army, and Air Campaigns.

Maybe someday, if we all support the sims with $'s, this will come to pass...

And here's a link (http://www.mh-53pavelow.com/)- play the Pavelow movie. If those reading this forum don't get goosebumps, well... I've seen these guys go by at eye level... You don't hear 'em comin' like you did the ol' choppers. The Hueys, you can hear 'em comin' from miles (I don't see how they survived in 'Nam). These guys, it's a different sound, and your hair stands on end.

Programmers and CEOs, keep the candlelight burnin'...

And HC - gimme some time to learn how to fly a Pavelow in our Sim environs, and I'll come pick you up behind the lines...

#1767893 - 03/30/06 09:05 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
SUBS17 Offline
SUBS17  Offline

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Hardcore™:
Thats Black Shark?

Even 8 year old OFP looks 3 times better; better terrain, choppers, weapons...

I like the fact in OFP, that you start out as a man (not a plane), choose your aircraft, walk up, start up (though technically limited), fly in, do the job, or get shot down, you can still do the job on foot or make your way back and try again.

Imagine spawning on the tarmac or briefing room as a man (not a jet), jump into yur jet, do run up, close canopy, taxi, take off... Jet gets shot down and it is not the end of your mission, cause you are not the jet, you are the man.
If only FPS were made with as much detail as jet combat flight sims. As it is they barely cut it, for FMs even Acecombat would be better FMs but I see where you are coming from with the ability to walk around. OFP will never reach lockons detail or Falcons for Flight models and Avionics. For such a sim it would require cooperation between sim companies(and two engines). Lockon is the first to merge 2 sim types when BS is released which is a step in that direction.(BTW which is more realistic tank warfare OFP or SB? \:D )

#1767894 - 03/30/06 09:14 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
SUBS17 Offline
SUBS17  Offline

New Zealand
The ultimate sim:
Lockons Graphics plus AFM
Allied Forces Avionics(jets/helicopters/fixed wing)and of course the Dynamic Campaign
Steel Beasts Tanks
Dangerous Waters Ships/Submarines/ASW
and an FPS of some sort that is at least realistic enough to match the above sims.

#1767895 - 03/30/06 10:07 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

My best shot would be a Phantom sim. \:D

Firstly, in the near future of the flight sim market, there will be Fighter Ops which dominates the modern jet sims, LOMAC/LOFC will still be competetive, there will be Black Shark that takes up profit from helo sims, and we've always had PF for WWII scenarios. In regard with the market differential strategy, the options would be: post WWII, most likely Korea, which means Sabres and Thunderjets; 60s~70s, the 2nd generation fighter class; and F-22/JSF.

Considering LP's next product would be inheriting F4's style, we can exclude F-22/JSF because there's not enough open information to create a fully realistic simulation. Post WWII scenario is OK, but there isn't too many avionic systems aboard on fighters during those days, so there are basically gun fights only.

A simulation for the F-4, on the other hand, satisfy all the needs according to my understanding. The F-4 is a multi-national aircraft, just like the viper, and many countries today still use it. It is multi-role, along with a sweet wild weasel version. There has never been a serious sim of the Phantom up to now. WOW/SFP1 has stunning graphics, but lacks the avionics and flight models. The phantom has retired in the US and much of its information isn't classified any more. For the dynamic campaign Vietnam would be the apparent and easy choice.

The hornet is another possibility. Who knows...

PS: C3PO, would you please consider releasing your next product to the Chinese market? AFAIK there are quite some decent flyers and communities here, just take LOMAC for example. If you are planning a long term business you wouldn't miss China ;\)

#1767896 - 03/30/06 12:25 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Talking about the "ultimate sim," that would cost, oh, I'd guesstimate around 10-15 gig hard disk space in the least....

Then there's the framerate issue... I think the FPS guys would have decent rates, tanks might have even good frames, but flyboys would have some trouble.

- Ice
#1767897 - 03/30/06 07:11 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
TomcatMVD Offline
TomcatMVD  Offline

Montevideo, Uruguay
Aren't you asking too much???
Hey! If you want to play a sim, get into FalconAF... if you want to play a "war game" get Batlefield 2... that's all I have to say.

--Checking out

No man lives everything there's to live, until he flies.
#1767898 - 03/30/06 07:45 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
joeblow Offline
joeblow  Offline

Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by TomcatMVD:
Aren't you asking too much???
Hey! If you want to play a sim, get into FalconAF... if you want to play a "war game" get Batlefield 2... that's all I have to say.

--Checking out
The topic is "...any plans for a new simulation?";

followed by, ideas for a new sim.

Glad you at least kept 'what you have to say' (nothing new), nice n' short.

Hardcore� - Remember me?
#1767899 - 03/31/06 01:08 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
hansundfranz Offline
hansundfranz  Offline

Germany
OFP is not a sim, it is still FPS, And mixing those two genres won´t do any good to the sim part.

#1767900 - 03/31/06 01:21 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
Dragonrider Offline
Dragonrider  Offline

East Point, GA
I'll throw my 2 cents... F-35: 3 versions- AF, Navy, Usmc. Vtol; Stol; stealth. carriers. what more do you need

"Cutting down the enemy is the Way of strategy, and there is no need for many refinements of it."

_ Miyamoto Musashi,

#1767901 - 03/31/06 04:37 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Quote:
Originally posted by hansundfranz:
OFP is not a sim, it is still FPS, And mixing those two genres won´t do any good to the sim part.
But it sure would be good for shooters \:\)

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#1767902 - 03/31/06 12:50 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonrider:
I'll throw my 2 cents... F-35: 3 versions- AF, Navy, Usmc. Vtol; Stol; stealth. carriers. what more do you need
I agree.

#1767903 - 04/03/06 07:09 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
jhanna1701 Offline
jhanna1701  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fpol:

I love the F-14 and F-15C as fighters, but would have no desire for them in a focus sim (a-la Fleet defender). I absolutely loved carrier landings in FD, but in the air superiority role, you just don’t have the variety of missions provided by the multi-role jobs.
If you've followed any of the Tomcat's exploits over the last couple of years, you know that the Tomcat is going out at the top of it's game. It is THE premier strike-fighter in the U.S. Navy, and the ONLY reason it's being retired is cost of maintanence. The F-14 has been in the mud moving game since the mid to late 90's.

I'd give my right arm for a Study sim of an F-14D complete with LANTIRN/LGB, JDAM and full carrier ops. If not, I'd give my left arm for a (modern) F/A-18E/F sim.

#1767904 - 04/03/06 07:56 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
I'd love to see a Tornado sim in a 1980s NATO/Warsaw Pact Fulda Gap scenario. *drool*

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#1767905 - 04/03/06 09:56 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Yeah, I'm voting for an F-14 "study" sim (IIRC, F4AF is an F-16 "study" sim too, right?), or at least a more "modern" F-18 sim.... but who wants to be in a lowered Honda Civic when you can be in a Ferrari?? \:D

At least, in-game, there is no "cost of maintenance," and with the Tomcat going out-of-business, I hope a lot of info can be un-classified enough to make it attractive for sim-building because of readily-available info.

Okay, I better stop drooling now.

- Ice
#1767906 - 04/05/06 02:45 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
fpol Offline
fpol  Offline

Arlington Va
Quote:
Originally posted by jhanna1701:
Quote:
Originally posted by fpol:

I love the F-14 and F-15C as fighters, but would have no desire for them in a focus sim (a-la Fleet defender). I absolutely loved carrier landings in FD, but in the air superiority role, you just don’t have the variety of missions provided by the multi-role jobs.
If you've followed any of the Tomcat's exploits over the last couple of years, you know that the Tomcat is going out at the top of it's game. It is THE premier strike-fighter in the U.S. Navy, and the ONLY reason it's being retired is cost of maintanence. The F-14 has been in the mud moving game since the mid to late 90's.

I'd give my right arm for a Study sim of an F-14D complete with LANTIRN/LGB, JDAM and full carrier ops. If not, I'd give my left arm for a (modern) F/A-18E/F sim.
Actually I knew about it as a mud mover, but not how it's been utilzed as such. Was it really the premier a2g platform for the Navy? It seems the F-18 still got tasked (since the mid 90's) with the bulk of the action.

Actually i think F14 Fleet defender had air to ground. You know, I probably stand corrected there. If you can provide realistic scenarios for the F14 where you provide A2G and A2A, it would be an awesome Study sim. I'd like an excellent AI RIO (or pilot depending on which role I take) that can do that funtion for an entire mission while flying offline.

#1767907 - 04/05/06 02:28 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
nerves Offline
nerves  Offline

Jacksonville, Fl.
I vote for a super hornet or typhoon

#1767908 - 04/05/06 09:47 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
SUBS17 Offline
SUBS17  Offline

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Hardcore™:
Thats Black Shark?

Even 8 year old OFP looks 3 times better; better terrain, choppers, weapons...

I like the fact in OFP, that you start out as a man (not a plane), choose your aircraft, walk up, start up (though technically limited), fly in, do the job, or get shot down, you can still do the job on foot or make your way back and try again.

Imagine spawning on the tarmac or briefing room as a man (not a jet), jump into yur jet, do run up, close canopy, taxi, take off... Jet gets shot down and it is not the end of your mission, cause you are not the jet, you are the man.
But OFP lacks a decent Flight model and its avionics are even worse than Acecombat. The ultimate is the combination of FPS and Multisim types. One thing where you are wrong- OFPs graphics are equal to lockons and that includes the trees.(but 3d models BS is well ahead)

#1767909 - 04/05/06 10:53 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
joeblow Offline
joeblow  Offline

Canada
Well this is where OFP is goin', and I'm really not bout to die for any of them but the combination of a good 3D world, that you can actually scale down into, and several realistic flight models with intricate clickable avionics n weaponery, who can argue?

There's no discussion.

oh, and i still think even the current OFP looks better than any of these pics.

Hardcore� - Remember me?
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.