Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1767870 - 03/28/06 04:54 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
C3PO Offline
C3PO  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lod_viper:
Quote:
Originally posted by C3PO:
Don't get me wrong, the Mac is a great product and brilliant brand. Just not for niche games, that's all.
In other words, if you own only a Mac and want to fly the future LP flight sim then you better go buy a Windows PC. It's not personal, it's a business decision...the Mac market is not profitable for flight simulators anymore.
Not exactly, only that concurrent development on two different platforms is unviable...

Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3GHz, 2GB DDR2 633MHz RAM, XFX 8800 GTS 320MB video card -- great for GTR2 and MoTeC i2 Pro analysis software
My Brno telemetry: http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4245/telemetryv2xq2.jpg
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1767871 - 03/28/06 08:49 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
TomcatMVD Offline
TomcatMVD  Offline

Montevideo, Uruguay
Hey! I'll vote for the F-117, I've been wanting to fly that bird for a long time and the whole idea of performing a nice deep-strike at 3:00am watching the stars and the moon while a nice bunch of Eagles watch my path, and then flying some anti-air missions at daylight with my F-16, sounds just great, How do you like it LP?

--Checking out

No man lives everything there's to live, until he flies.
#1767872 - 03/28/06 08:52 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
Cannonball Offline
Cannonball  Offline

Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Falstar:
Maybe it's a Helo Sim... Well if we are wishing and guessing, we might as well go all the way!
I would like to see a Helo sim... something like what Gunship 2000 was, but of course with modern day graphics and 3D clickable pits.

Imagine popping up just high enough over a mountain ridge to get a radar picture of what is on the other side... and assessing the situation and then assigning your squadron different targets... and then litter the place with Hellfire missiles. That would be a blast.

#1767873 - 03/29/06 06:16 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
SimFan Offline
SimFan  Offline

Europe
Our best bet for that helo sim is the (still ongoing) development of EECH. There is nothing else on the horizon AFAIK.

#1767874 - 03/29/06 07:28 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
SUBS17 Offline
SUBS17  Offline

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by SimFan:
Our best bet for that helo sim is the (still ongoing) development of EECH. There is nothing else on the horizon AFAIK.
Or is there

Have a look here
http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?end_pos=982&scr=products&lang=en
Due out in a couple of months.

#1767875 - 03/29/06 08:03 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Damn, the Apache is ugly but tough... that one doesn't just do the lines right. Me guesses the designer likes shoes....

- Ice
#1767876 - 03/29/06 08:17 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
Skater Offline
Skater  Offline

NYC
Ummm... That's not an Apache.

-Skater

"As Iron Sharpens Iron, so does a friend sharpen a friend." Proverbs 27:17
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart
"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
#1767877 - 03/29/06 10:21 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
cjlive Offline
cjlive  Offline

Gold Coast, Queensland. Austra...
Its a Russian Ka-50 attack helicopter.

Aint she a beauty.

Cj
#1767878 - 03/29/06 11:34 AM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Hehehe... I know that's not an Apache... and the Apache, if not for its capabilities, is an ugly monster.

That Hokum is even uglier. I'd rather die in a Cobra, Tigre.... or Apache.

- Ice
#1767879 - 03/29/06 12:48 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
C3PO Offline
C3PO  Offline

That Black Shark video looks fantastic. Can't wait to buy it \:\)

Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3GHz, 2GB DDR2 633MHz RAM, XFX 8800 GTS 320MB video card -- great for GTR2 and MoTeC i2 Pro analysis software
My Brno telemetry: http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4245/telemetryv2xq2.jpg
#1767880 - 03/29/06 01:48 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
SimFan Offline
SimFan  Offline

Europe
"That Black Shark video looks fantastic. Can't wait to buy it"
You're right ...
If only it didn't offer StarForce as a 'bonus'. Wouldn't touch BS with gloves, even when given to me - reason why I did'nt mention this title in the first place \:\)

#1767881 - 03/29/06 03:29 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
joeblow Offline
joeblow  Offline

Canada
Thats Black Shark?

Even 8 year old OFP looks 3 times better; better terrain, choppers, weapons...

I like the fact in OFP, that you start out as a man (not a plane), choose your aircraft, walk up, start up (though technically limited), fly in, do the job, or get shot down, you can still do the job on foot or make your way back and try again.

Imagine spawning on the tarmac or briefing room as a man (not a jet), jump into yur jet, do run up, close canopy, taxi, take off... Jet gets shot down and it is not the end of your mission, cause you are not the jet, you are the man.

Hardcore� - Remember me?
#1767882 - 03/29/06 03:40 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Quote:
Originally posted by Hardcore™:
Thats Black Shark?

Even 8 year old OFP looks 3 times better; better terrain, choppers, weapons...

I like OFP too. OFP looks 3x better than BS? Can't agree with that. Didn't OFP come out in '01?

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#1767883 - 03/29/06 04:14 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Sorry, OFP does NOT look better than that.

Or is someone comparing a modded-to-the-hilt OFP, in which case it's getting near the ballpark.
Also, let's not forget the laughable vehicle physics in OFP (barely better than the BF series) which ensure you spend 90% of your time on foot.
There's also something wrong with that shot. It's the WORST BS shot I've seen yet, all the others look a lot better.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#1767884 - 03/29/06 04:52 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
joeblow Offline
joeblow  Offline

Canada
OFP - 97-98ish i think... OOOPS! - EDIT - 2001

After adding the right community mods (at least in the installs i've seen), which many will be included or bettered, one way or another in the upcomming Armed Assault, definately looks a lot better than BS - depends on how clickable the pit OMO.

I wonder if it begins with that, spawning as a man vs an aircraft, that dictates the amount of detail needed to be convincing. A moving aircraft needs only a blur of changing colours and elevations for landscape. A man walking needs rolling shades of desert or fields of wind whisped wheat n' California poppies, rocks n' shrubs n' forests or urban developement (detail). The terrain has to really be good at slow speeds. Choppers/Tanks are much slower than jets, so need some decent terrain detail.

I'll say this, the terrain in (perhaps for FPS purposes) Allied Force looks horid in comparison, and it's so bad, i'm affraid to get below 100' cause it's so undefined i might fly right into it. I can't fly it visually, even over the water, I have to fly by altimeter - it's that bad - even with HiTiles.

In SP4 with HiTiles n' BaZ T, I could fly 500 miles at 25' inverted with a full loadout of 84's with much less doubt of where the ground is. The lowest I think i've got inverted in AF with HiTiles is about 100' and usually about 200' inverted - can't trust what i see below 200' of the ground surface, even over the water.

Black Shark, offering 8 or 10 missions and a coupla static campaigns. Then what?

OFP has a very awkward mission builder, but extremely detailed once you get into the scripting and past the awkwardness. Few mods as well that add dynamic AI scenario - because of the open scripting people have come up with. There is no end of the internet with OFP, yet Lockon in comparison is very limited.

Allied Force of course has the dynamic Campaign so is and will forever be above this limitation.

"Unite the Clans!"

My ideal game would be 'a man' with options, not a craft.

It would be in a Falcon 4.0 type dynamic campaign scenario.

The player would plan his entire flight, throw the jets n helos on the tarmac that he thinks is required, possibly task some tanks and all would commit to the area of the vehicles of their choice, or the tarmac for Aircraft, .

He then gets in and sets up while the other MP players do the same (Ramp start etc), now coordinate the operation together on comms.

Everyone has a map, compass, portable radio and at least a hand gun. You get shot down and survive the ejection, great. Yur a man with a gun and that is so very potentially 'not out of the game yet'. You can call and wait for a successful extraction, or you can become a hero caught behind enemy lines and do your best.

I know i'm rambling, i just woke, but the message is in there somewhere.

Hardcore� - Remember me?
#1767885 - 03/29/06 04:57 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Hehe, imagine you bail out, hit the ground, pull out your pistol and get fragged by your wingman's CBU \:D

My OFP CWC disk has a copyright of 2001 FWIW.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#1767886 - 03/29/06 05:34 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
joeblow Offline
joeblow  Offline

Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Master:
Sorry, OFP does NOT look better than that.

Or is someone comparing a modded-to-the-hilt OFP, in which case it's getting near the ballpark.
Also, let's not forget the laughable vehicle physics in OFP (barely better than the BF series) which ensure you spend 90% of your time on foot.
There's also something wrong with that shot. It's the WORST BS shot I've seen yet, all the others look a lot better.

The Jedi Master
Ya, i don't know what's up with that, it's always the case - my games are always cranked for graphics and look way better than the promo pics which look like they're almost always turned off. Would think they'd do their best to take some good pics to promote a product.

As for helo physics, they're excellent in OFP, just limited in clickable functionality. It's not trying to simulate cockpit detail - wish it would, which is part of my point.

Also, if you're getting shot down and on foot 90% of the time, you're using them wrong. You can't just blaze in in a helo in any sim or reality and expect no one to shoot at you. You have to be extremely patient and choose your aproach carefully and one step at a time, and be prepared to set down, get out, and recon ahead. Ideally, work with the tanks and snipers who recon for you and take out threats you can't see from the air. Your job is to hover in the background, take out threats they find but can't get to from the ground. Seen it a lot - everyone wants to get in a chopper, but nobody manages to last 5 mins cause they're trying to do too much.

- Falcon's Dynamic Campaign and detailed cockpit
- OFP's first person entity, vehicle options (ground war), massive maps, detailed terrain, and infinate scripting options.

I think OFP has everything cept the D campaign and the clickable cockpits. Even so, with the scripting people have come up with, it's pretty damned dynamic nevertheless.

Stick Falcon's jets n' pits into what OFP has developed into and you have THE GAME.

Hardcore� - Remember me?
#1767887 - 03/29/06 06:28 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
Skater Offline
Skater  Offline

NYC
I like the "man" scenario, but with realistic limitations. USAF pilots who get shot down do not turn into one man wrecking crews... Only Naval and Marine Aviators do that. \:\)

I would like to see if you get shot down, that you have to survive by hiding from enemy patrols, dialing the correct SAR channel, and waiting for CSAR to pick you up. With a possible hot extraction with A-10 vectored in and the CSAR chopper laying down the law with the minigun while you fight the urge to defecate in your pants during the sprint to the chopper.

Same dynamic campaign, same human flyable aircraft (this time allow choppers to be flown), but with more detail. And Naval ops... do not forget your friendly neighborhood Sailor.

Now that... would be a fine sim.

-Skater

"As Iron Sharpens Iron, so does a friend sharpen a friend." Proverbs 27:17
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart
"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
#1767888 - 03/29/06 09:20 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
Rat Boy Offline
Rat Boy  Offline

Well, if we're talking about doing a Falcon 5 then, I guess my only two suggestions for new features would be a 3D clickable cockpit (like Jane's F/A-18), with a zooming feature to get a better look at certain gauges and switches, as if the pilot was leaning over. My other request would be for realistic weather. If this game is going to be DX9 compliant, it shouldn't be that hard to do, plus we could get effects like opening cockpit canopies that actually open (maybe even changes the ambient noise level, too) and rain effects on the canopy and runway, for instance.

#1767889 - 03/29/06 10:25 PM Re: @C3PO any plans for a new simulation?  
joeblow Offline
joeblow  Offline

Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Skater.:
I like the "man" scenario, but with realistic limitations. USAF pilots who get shot down do not turn into one man wrecking crews... Only Naval and Marine Aviators do that. \:\)

I would like to see if you get shot down, that you have to survive by hiding from enemy patrols, dialing the correct SAR channel, and waiting for CSAR to pick you up. With a possible hot extraction with A-10 vectored in and the CSAR chopper laying down the law with the minigun while you fight the urge to defecate in your pants during the sprint to the chopper.

Same dynamic campaign, same human flyable aircraft (this time allow choppers to be flown), but with more detail. And Naval ops... do not forget your friendly neighborhood Sailor.

Now that... would be a fine sim.

-Skater
STOP TRYIN TA STEAL MY SIM!

Hardcore� - Remember me?
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.