Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1763612 - 01/12/06 04:22 PM Yellow Labels, C++ Runtime Library, Mavericks Don't Uncage  
JoeKidd Offline
JoeKidd  Offline

Seattle, WA
Nowhere in the manual have I found a reference to "yellow labels" (yet). I learned the hard way that they are likey friendly Albanian forces, but when I saw a Mig-29 coming at me the 1st time in Yellow instead of Red, I thought maybe he has his jammer on or for some reason he has something set to make him Yellow but a Mig-29 is a Mig-29 and he is going down (as I looked in the manual and it made no mention that they were friendly I could find and AWACS was on break), so I shot 2 down and went on with my mission, I got a rating of "Excellent" on the Mission and also was Court Martialed which zero's out all your history, you have to re-enter the nickname you were using and start from scratch, zero Flight Hours, zero everything.
Are Yellow Label'd Aircraft friendly's? I couldn't ask AWACS as on some Missions, although there Menu is "alive", they just don't reply and I ALWAYS check in right away and get a "Declare" out of them before firing" Is that a bug, or are they on break?
I also get crashes where a dialog box takes the screen reading "Windows C++ Runtime Library" and you cannot close it, cannot get rid of it, I know all about programming in VC++ and about what the Runtime Libraries are. Sure pops the balloon out of a mission as you have to cntl-alt-delete to get the "start" box to "peek" thru, and quickly grab it and shut the computer down or you will be there forever unless someone out there knows how to get rid of that box.
One last thing, once you have done one Ramp Start, and shut it down, select another mission and go to do another Mission and go to Ramp Start a 2nd time, the mouse click on "Start2" doesn't always work, seems, it always works once, but once you go to select it a 2nd time, BONK, no click ON, anyone have same experience? My 2nd "One last thing":, the Maverick, everytime I try to uncage it(press"U") and get the television view now(Training Mission worked), NOTHING comes up and I end up having to use ground radar to shoot my Mavericks, they are powered up and ready.......
JoeKidd

It's not your job to die for your country, your job is to make the other bas^%$# die defending his! George Patton
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1763613 - 01/12/06 09:35 PM Re: Yellow Labels, C++ Runtime Library, Mavericks Don't Uncage  
TheShadow Offline
TheShadow  Offline

Australia
About the yellow labels:
These are neutral planes and as you have found, you pay a heavy price for shooting them down.

The Balkans can be a tough campaign with all the
neutral/freindly Migs around sometimes.

Especially if you don't have AWACs sometimes.

#1763614 - 01/12/06 11:50 PM Re: Yellow Labels, C++ Runtime Library, Mavericks Don't Uncage  
JoeKidd Offline
JoeKidd  Offline

Seattle, WA
Thank you TheShadow, another thing I believe I can cross off the above, not positive but "think so" is that in "start2", the 2nd time, you MUST not even have your throttle up a HAIR, as I bumped it and noticed it had an 1/8 of an inch and bingo, Start2 clicked over, so I think I got that figured out so that is 2.
Still have the
1) VC++ issue and 2) the Maverick's refuse to uncover/uncage and broadcast their "television view" using the "U" key and 3) AWACS is sometimes available, sometimes not. Without IFF implemented on Allied Force, and I have never been so fortunate as to have the NCTR (Non Cooperative Target Recognition, page 420) give me any info and if it did, with my luck it would be a Yellow Mig-29 and I would be court martialled so without AWACS in Allied Force, you are on your own with no way other than visual ID of a Label. I just did a Mission and shot down 3 enemy, and destroyed 3 SAM's and he Court Martialled me again as I use my gun a lot and get lucky sometimes, it must be I came within 1/2 mile of a blue label as I was being super careful and when I got back, I checked, it was all enemy destruction so it had to be the gun. I think the Commander doesn't like me HAHAHAHAHA
JoeKidd

It's not your job to die for your country, your job is to make the other bas^%$# die defending his! George Patton
#1763615 - 01/13/06 12:16 PM Re: Yellow Labels, C++ Runtime Library, Mavericks Don't Uncage  
FACwit Offline
FACwit  Offline

UK
you have to click on the wpn button on the MFD after powering up and uncaging the Mavs.

10 Seconds....laser on.....good spot....in hot......clear hot.....stores......Delta Hotel

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.