OK let me have a stab at it...
1. You can do auto rotation landing in LB2, nicely modelled
2. You can use a TrackIR in the 3D cpit, but its not very smooth. Good enough for navigation
but I wouldnt recommend it for close in combat.
3. You can hit stationary targets with the rockets, if youre airspeed is under 10kts absolute or relative. Some can, some cant.
4. You can create new missions with MissionPlus editor. But no one makes em like the Shadow...
5. Its far better to get soft kills with the laser than the radar. Also limit your gatling gun's
firing rate when selecting soft versus hard targets. Save the ammo for when you need it.
6. Multiplayer can be good enough to fly in close formation, but it works best when all players
use the SYNCH to monitor refresh in the DGVOODOO wrapper AND the monitor refresh rates are close to
the same (60 or 70 or whatever Hz). Otherwise when getting close each will see the other ship
wink out when within a couple of ship lengths away.
7. Make use of the artillery, airstrikes, and AI wingmen to complete objectives. Dont have to take
all the risk yourself in MP or Solo game play.
8. I like to fly low and slow and run silent in LB2. Shooting up targets that arent on the pri
or secondary list only wakes up the enemy and sends attack aircraft/helos your way. Save the
free hunt for the way home and youll be sure to have mission success and live longer too.
9. The FAC role of the Kiowa was never fully implemented with the PFZ setting of Kiowa to Apaches.
However, with voice comms the Kiowa can be a nimble and fun experience to fly along with the LBs.
The "willy petes" work fine and can add more realism for those willing to take risks like the real
hotshot FACs do.
10. Finally, have to say this...
If you havent flown online multiplayer with front/back or Pilot/CPG with two players together,
then IMHO you just havent experienced the best LB2 has to offer and still has as its unique feature.
That is all...