Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1729012 - 03/24/06 02:18 PM Problems with controller  
Silence Offline
Silence  Offline

Hello all,

I recently stumbled on this board while gazeing longingly at my LB2 CD case. Good thing too, because my wife was starting to worry that she was not the "only one" any more.

So I followed the directions and like a rabbit out of a hat... I have LB2 working! Woot!

Runs great on my AMDx2 3800+. But... I seem to be having some controller problem. Now I have a Saitek x45. When I use the throttle hat... Crash to desktop. When I use hat 2 on the joystick... Crash to desktop. Does not matter if I have a key bound there or not. If either of those two items move... Crash to desktop.

Any ideas? I also have a nostromos n52 but it is unplugged when I reboot with 366 ram...

Just so you know. I have reinstalled the drivers, and the programming software.

Finally! And this may or may not be related. My keyboard sometimes does wierd things while playing. I don't mean it juggles and spins plates or anything. But once the CTRL key must have been stuck. And another time it was the shift key. Exit and reopen and everything is fine...

*Listens* Yes dear! I am coming! *mumbles* i love long bow 2 more... *Listens* Oh NOTHING dear! Be right there!

=)

Thanks again all. You have reunited me with an old flame.

\:D

S

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1729013 - 03/24/06 02:55 PM Re: Problems with controller  
Shadow=ASP= Offline
Shadow=ASP=  Offline

Norway
Happy to see our tips'n'tricks have helped.
About your neon pimp stick problem, sorry X45, I have no idea. Never owned one.
About your stuck-key issue, try adjusting the typematic rating settings in the BIOS. If its a USB keyboard toss it out the window and get PS/2 keyboard. If its wireless, get a wired one etc.
Basicly try a old-fashioned wired PS/2 keyboard if you have the chance.
Quote:
*Listens* Yes dear! I am coming! *mumbles* i love long bow 2 more... *Listens* Oh NOTHING dear! Be right there!
Now that is a priceless reward

#1729014 - 03/25/06 06:13 AM Re: Problems with controller  
Silence Offline
Silence  Offline

Pimp stick!

Ok Ill try the rate in the bios. After playing tonight for 5 hours straight I think you are right. Every time I hit a key I get that key pressed 2 times.

Could be this is the same problem with the pimp stick... Since one of the drivers is a HID keyboard.

Thanks! Who knows. After I get brushed up maybe I'll try to join yall on a Sat get together, if it is open to any yahoo that is... =)

S

#1729015 - 03/25/06 06:21 AM Re: Problems with controller  
Silence Offline
Silence  Offline

Hummm. Just went all through the bios... Did not see a typematic setting anywhere. ??

#1729016 - 03/25/06 10:10 AM Re: Problems with controller  
Shadow=ASP= Offline
Shadow=ASP=  Offline

Norway
Someone else here also had the "double-tap" bug. I dont remember who or what he did to circumvent it.
Not all motherboards have the type rate setting in BIOS but most component-motherboards do (as in non-branded computers).
You are running what OS?

#1729017 - 03/25/06 10:53 AM Re: Problems with controller  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
The type rate setting in your bios will probably do nothing to solve this. It is a problem with the way LB2 and the newest updates of Windows XP communicate together, not your motherboard. We have not solved it. If you have any rotoraries, try programming three bands and an unused key like V or K on an edge band so you can switch a background key on continuously. Sometimes it needs an input running in the background. It's probably not two keypresses, either, rather a random number. You might also occasionally have what seems like a stuck ctrl, alt, or shift after hitting such a combo, though there's nothing physically wrong with your input devices. In this case you can try tapping each on your keyboard. Now that I think of it, maybe you could program each in succession on another band.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.