Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1533806 - 11/24/06 10:13 PM 5 Min vid  
HarryR Offline
HarryR  Offline

UK
Found this, have seen some of the footage before but still....Nice!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=411378905923083428&hl=en

How far have you progressed since this vid guys? Looks very impressive. \:\)

To..
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1533807 - 11/25/06 02:29 AM Re: 5 Min vid  
Dante-JT Offline
Dante-JT  Offline

Florianópolis - Brazil
Quote:
How far have you progressed since this vid guys? Looks very impressive.
It was quite complete but a "free flight" sim. \:\) No correct weapons deployment and its effects.

But this is exactly what we have progressed since the video: added a pylons/loadout system, and weapon stations can be selected individually like it is norm with the weapons pylons switches and selectors in these fighters. Also a bit of explosion code and blast radius calculations being added.

-----
Jet Thunder Project
http://www.thunder-works.com
#1533808 - 11/25/06 07:29 PM Re: 5 Min vid  
HarryR Offline
HarryR  Offline

UK
Great stuff, weapon employment is an important aspect in any combat flight sim. Will we see a better result from the vulcan this time or will the campaign be fully historical ?
I know you must hear this all the time but ... if you need someone to test for you I have a lot of time on my hands over the Christmas period, live in mainland europe and have broadband and a fairly 'medium' set up.
Thanks, and good luck.
H.

To..
#1533809 - 11/26/06 12:54 AM Re: 5 Min vid  
Dante-JT Offline
Dante-JT  Offline

Florianópolis - Brazil
HarryR: we will see varied results from the Vulcan, not sure where the AI will land its bombs each time you run the campaign and the Black Buck attacks are triggered. ;\)

-----
Jet Thunder Project
#1533810 - 11/26/06 04:41 PM Re: 5 Min vid  
Colt40Five Offline
Polyatheist
Colt40Five  Offline
Polyatheist
Veteran

Heart of Dixie
I want this sim!!!!! Is there any chance for a release in 2007??

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, or how smart you are, If it doesn't agree with experiment it is WRONG. ~Richard Feynman
#1533811 - 11/26/06 08:44 PM Re: 5 Min vid  
HarryR Offline
HarryR  Offline

UK
Dante, will the Harriers use 'Atlantic Conveyor' to get to the Falklands or will it be Hermes and Invinceable only. Also will we be able to forward base using the 'mexe' strip that the Royal Engineers built?

Cheers
H

To..
#1533812 - 11/27/06 03:05 AM Re: 5 Min vid  
Dante-JT Offline
Dante-JT  Offline

Florianópolis - Brazil
HarryR: Atlantic Conveyor is being modeled. Although the campaign is dynamic and not scripted, there will be some 'triggers'of events: when the british aircraft losses are mounting to a level where new replacement aircraft is needed for the advance of the campaign, Atlantic Conveyor will be triggered by the campaign engine. If player and its AI wingmen are lucky or just really good and is not losing aircraft, probably will keep on with only Hermes and Invincible, although I'm sure this is quite unlikely for normal campaign difficulty as atrition levels will be fairly high. The Harrier forward-base strip will appear near the troop landing sites a couple of days after british ground troops successfully landed in the isles during campaign - another triggered event in a dynamic campaign progression (the dynamic part is: if the argentine forces bomb HMS Fearless and the landing crafts denying the landings, no landed ground troops/no forward base).

Colt40Five: I'd like to release it in 2007 due to the Falklands 25th celebrations, but this is quite unlikely as we just started to move to a fly-around unarmed to some shootings and explosions recently...

-----
Jet Thunder Project
#1533813 - 11/27/06 07:19 AM Re: 5 Min vid  
ijozic Offline
ijozic  Offline

HR
This all sounds great. Will a number of available planes be simulated? I mean, if the Argentinian side has a historical number of planes available and if their losses are overwhelming, their air mission numbers become almost non-existant making the ground war finish sooner. Or if the British side gets unlucky and losses one of it's carriers at the start, for instance and then suffers great losses in air and runs out of planes, would this make the Argentinian victory possible?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SoundBlaster 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1 btn 2 axis gameport joystick, Numpad as hat-switch. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH average.
#1533814 - 11/27/06 07:48 AM Re: 5 Min vid  
Colt40Five Offline
Polyatheist
Colt40Five  Offline
Polyatheist
Veteran

Heart of Dixie
Have you thought about releasing a small demo that includes only a single harrier or Skyhawk for free flight in one small area with maybe a single carrier to practice close offshore? No weapons, no other units etc... I think it could be a good release for the anniversary, also to help get your name more out there, and of course it would make alot of people very happy! \:\)

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, or how smart you are, If it doesn't agree with experiment it is WRONG. ~Richard Feynman
#1533815 - 11/28/06 11:53 PM Re: 5 Min vid  
Dante-JT Offline
Dante-JT  Offline

Florianópolis - Brazil
ijozic: yes, both scenarios you described will be possible.

Colt40Five: fortunately we're moving away from simple free-flight, and doing our first tests with external bombs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh8t5Wfe6mM

Why the focus so much in the Sea Harrier? Because it's by far the most complex aircraft featured, the avionics and systems handbook is really thick, hopefully we will have most important stuff (attack symbology, main radar modes) in the simulation this year. The Super Etendard seems a second place in complexity. The other planes are simpler jobs.

-----
Jet Thunder Project
#1533816 - 11/29/06 04:28 AM Re: 5 Min vid  
3Star Offline
3Star  Offline

San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante-JT:
[QB] HarryR: Atlantic Conveyor is being modeled. Although the campaign is dynamic and not scripted, there will be some 'triggers'of events: when the british aircraft losses are mounting to a level where new replacement aircraft is needed for the advance of the campaign, Atlantic Conveyor will be triggered by the campaign engine. If player and its AI wingmen are lucky or just really good and is not losing aircraft, probably will keep on with only Hermes and Invincible, although I'm sure this is quite unlikely for normal campaign difficulty as atrition levels will be fairly high.
That doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense. (a) You'd be penalising someone for doing well, and (b) in real life they didn't 'wait and see how the lads were doing' before they STUFTed AC and started kitting it up for the trip South.

NTM

Driver, Tracks, Troops...Drive and adjust!
#1533817 - 11/29/06 08:20 AM Re: 5 Min vid  
Dante-JT Offline
Dante-JT  Offline

Florianópolis - Brazil
Quote:
... in real life they didn't 'wait and see how the lads were doing' before they STUFTed AC and started kitting it up for the trip South

Interesting. If so, the STUFTed AC would be sailing without any need for a specific event or shortage of planes/spare parts. Anyway, this campaign tweaking seens a looong way ahead - we just started dropping correct ordnance from our simulated planes recently. \:\)

-----
Jet Thunder Project
#1533818 - 11/29/06 05:00 PM Re: 5 Min vid  
3Star Offline
3Star  Offline

San Jose, CA
Since when did a military at war ever say 'no' to more equipment? It's always 'Give us as much as possible, as fast as possible'

AC sailed from the UK on 25 April, a week before the Task Force fired any shots at all. It would have been impossible for them to have sailed with a loadout made in reaction to events in the South Atlantic, as there hadn't been any yet!

NTM

#1533819 - 11/29/06 05:47 PM Re: 5 Min vid  
Dante-JT Offline
Dante-JT  Offline

Florianópolis - Brazil
Quote:
Since when did a military at war ever say 'no' to more equipment? It's always 'Give us as much as possible, as fast as possible'
Indeed. \:\)

Quote:
AC sailed from the UK on 25 April, a week before the Task Force fired any shots at all. It would have been impossible for them to have sailed with a loadout made in reaction to events in the South Atlantic, as there hadn't been any yet!
Good to know. 3Star, are you a vet ? Just to know. You seem to have good insight on the actual facts and logistics.

-----
Jet Thunder Project
#1533820 - 11/29/06 06:26 PM Re: 5 Min vid  
3Star Offline
3Star  Offline

San Jose, CA
Yes, but with the wrong army, and wrong timeframe. (I'm a current American tanker, I'm just interloping here from the Steel Beasts department as I have a great interest in the Falklands War: I'm a Harpoon4 player as well!)

NTM

#1533821 - 11/30/06 02:59 AM Re: 5 Min vid  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Dante, can you do me a favor since your in early development?

One of the things I really appreciate is a good "chase view". Watching your video (which was really cool), I noticed the camera sticks to the plane's six view.

Can you implement a six-view similar to TK's series where the camera loosely follows? Makes it more realistic to me, and fun to watch.

My 2cents.

#1533822 - 12/01/06 11:31 PM Re: 5 Min vid  
Dante-JT Offline
Dante-JT  Offline

Florianópolis - Brazil
piper: indeed, our camera needs more work. But don't worry, it'll be at least like the one in TK's series. It is just not that important right now, first we have to sort weapons and the damage they cause.

-----
Jet Thunder Project
#1533823 - 12/22/06 03:47 PM Re: 5 Min vid  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
puts agora que vi que voce é brasileiro!esse projeto ta sendo feito aqui? esse eu quero ter o prazer de ter a caixinha na mao!

#1533824 - 12/22/06 11:16 PM Re: 5 Min vid  
Dante-JT Offline
Dante-JT  Offline

Florianópolis - Brazil
Quote:
puts agora que vi que voce é brasileiro!esse projeto ta sendo feito aqui? esse eu quero ter o prazer de ter a caixinha na mao!
Valeu! \:\)

From Abragames website

"Apesar de ter membros na Argentina e na Inglaterra, a Thunder Works vê o Brasil como o local ideal para a implantação da sede da companhia devido à vantagem da diferença cambial para exportação dos produtos e os relativamente baixos custos de produção e desenvolvimento, comparados aos Estados Unidos e Europa Ocidental. “O mercado de jogos no Brasil enfrenta as dificuldades de co-existir com uma pirataria de software disseminada somada ao menor poder aquisitivo do cidadão, gerando assim empresas locais voltadas a exportação, mas que não podem deixar de lado o mercado interno. Por isso, pensamos em formas inovadoras de distribuição que tornem o preço dos produtos mais compatível com o poder aquisitivo do brasileiro e portanto diminuindo a possibilidade deste recorrer às cópias ilegais”, destaca De Patta."

ENGLISH TRANSLATION
“Although having members in Argentina and England, Thunderworks sees Brazil as the ideal place for the stablishment of the company headquarters due to exchange rates advantages for exportation of the software products and the relatively low costs of production and development, compared with US and Western Europe. “The brazilian games market faces the challenge to coexist with a spread software piracy added to the lower budget of the average citizen, thus generating local companies focusing only in export market. Therefore, we think about innovative ways of distribution to make the price of the products quite more 'compatible' with the budget of the brazilian gamer and therefore diminishing his need to go after the illegal copies”, says De Patta.”

-----
Jet Thunder Project

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.