Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#1533791 - 09/22/06 06:15 PM Re: Dante - Any news on the X360 version?  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
So chronoPilot are you a 12 year old pimpley faced kid, or a developer of flight sims, or something inbetween, as I'm not sure how much weight to give your post.

eg

Quote:
OGF represents the limitations of a sim on a console
How do you know this?? This is disappointing to hear if it's true, if not quit playing with my emotions. \:\)

Quote:
That'll never happen, though, because if you're buying something to play on a console, it means you're not looking for something like Falcon- or Jane's-type sims
This is silly sir/kid, you really think you can speak for me??

Quote:
because of the hardware vs. price limitations and the nature of the people you're selling to.
The nature of us console owners is'a changin'
\:D

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1533792 - 09/22/06 09:31 PM Re: Dante - Any news on the X360 version?  
chronoPilot Offline
chronoPilot  Offline

Seattle, WA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by bisher:
So chronoPilot are you a 12 year old pimpley faced kid, or a developer of flight sims, or something inbetween, as I'm not sure how much weight to give your post.
When you're logged in, you can click on a forum member's name and get some background information on that member, if the member was so inclined to provide it. Look at me, and only 170-some posts. The comments I've made don't require being a flight sim developer.

Quote:
Originally posted by chronoPilot:
OGF represents the limitations of a sim on a console
Quote:
How do you know this?? This is disappointing to hear if it's true, if not quit playing with my emotions. \:\)
Third time's a charm - Simulations on a console are limited by their input devices. Thus, any simulation on the console will necessarily be limited in its features and scope. Could a developer pack more features than are present in OGF into a console sim? Maybe a few more. But you're never going to have simulations like Falcon on a console until you rectify the problem with the input devices. Assuming you solve that issue, all you're doing is giving flight sim fans a reason to buy a console, not giving the present crop of console-gamers a reason to start playing flight sims.

Quote:
That'll never happen, though, because if you're buying something to play on a console, it means you're not looking for something like Falcon- or Jane's-type sims
Quote:
This is silly sir/kid, you really think you can speak for me??
Let's consider the same statement, phrased as a contraposition and see if it makes more sense. If you are looking for something like Falcon, you're not looking at the console market. Why would you? They don't exist, and for the aforementioned reasons.

Quote:
because of the hardware vs. price limitations and the nature of the people you're selling to.
Quote:
The nature of us console owners is'a changin'
\:D
Possibly, if you mean that console players are wanting more detailed simulations. However, there's always been psuedo-sims on the consoles and the players just don't seem to migrate to the more detailed sims in large enough numbers. If they did, then we'd have more sims to play, either on the PC or a console.

If you mean that simulation fans would like to be able to play their sims on a console, I'd certainly agree. Given the price of a new gaming PC vs. X360 or the upcoming PS3, they're a great value.

I'd love to hear Dante weigh in and tell us what an X360 version of Jet Thunder would look like. If the developers are bold, they'll offer a full-featured sim along with HOTAS incentives (i.e. 'Get 10% off Saitek's X52-360') and a means for pressing all the buttons in the cockpit. Nevertheless, I still see simmers buying an X360 at this point. I don't see 'console-gamers' picking up a simulation en masse.

Not by accident does Genesis 3 make the father of knowledge a serpent - H.L. Mencken
#1533793 - 09/22/06 10:01 PM Re: Dante - Any news on the X360 version?  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Quote:
Third time's a charm
Yes your third post was much more charming than your second, and more palatable too. \:\) It's really how you say something not what you say, I find............

#1533794 - 09/22/06 10:35 PM Re: Dante - Any news on the X360 version?  
chronoPilot Offline
chronoPilot  Offline

Seattle, WA, USA
Quote:
Quote:
It's really how you say something not what you say, I find............
Indeed... \:D \:D \:D ;\)

Not by accident does Genesis 3 make the father of knowledge a serpent - H.L. Mencken
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.