Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1533036 - 08/11/04 10:23 AM What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

S! @Team

I notice I tend to get more reserved every time a promising sim-project which was energetically initiated by a proverbial 'few' is eventually cancelled for whatever reasons (well...uh: money-related that is \:\( ).

So I guess what I am trying to say to y'all is: I hope you guys wont run out of money b4 you finish this brain child of yours...

ETA perhaps ?

P.S. I really like all your work in progress. I hope you finish what you started :p \:D

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1533037 - 08/12/04 01:59 PM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  
scary_pigeon Offline
scary_pigeon  Offline

britain
I could get run over by a bus?

we're currently not reliant on publisher support.

I have a part time job at warlmart on the checkouts and during the rest of the time I do the programming.

There is no worry about money - the only problem is that for example: I find myself doing overtime to save up for a graphics card to experiment with the latests fancy per-pixel effects. This need to do overtime slows things down a bit. A sponsoring publisher could in this way accelerate the project.

with regards to the art people, they do it for fun too. you can see this effect in these forums, the likes of strike fighters and all the projects that nearly get off the ground - the art and research work is always very good.

I'm very poor at giving ETA's 2 years ago I was saying, ahh, another 3 months we'll have it done!

its always in my mind 3 months away to completion. maybe that is 3 months if I had total fantical focus on it and wasnt wasting time at walmart.

I think though I can accurately say we're a few weeks from an alpha demo minus the campaign.

Dante estimates that we'll be finished sometime in 1st quarter 2005 - but it depends on the programmers (Me and Romano). Basically the art people are ahead of the programming element.

Romano is responsible for the new terrain system that currently isnt intergrated into the game - and unfortunately for some time hes had no PC.

----------

I'm not quite sure what caused KOE to die. And I'm not certain its dead yet. The publisher may have lost interest but it may at a rather advanced stage of development.

#1533038 - 08/12/04 02:51 PM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you, this is reassuring ! Can I share the good news in Community hall ? \:\)

Tho' Romano not having a PC for some time now is quite alarming, to say the least...

S!

#1533039 - 08/12/04 04:42 PM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  
scary_pigeon Offline
scary_pigeon  Offline

britain
yeah go ahead - share it - its on the net in the open anyway. \:\)

#1533040 - 08/13/04 02:18 AM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  
Dante-JT Offline
Dante-JT  Offline

Florianópolis - Brazil
Speaking of KOE, I've found this very interesting WWI flight sim project being made by Russian programmers:
http://www.d-strict.com/intro.php

Their terrain engine seems fabulous!

-----
Jet Thunder Project
http://www.thunder-works.com
#1533041 - 08/13/04 08:14 AM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for that Dante. The spirit of true flight simmers can not be killed.

#1533042 - 08/13/04 10:54 AM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  
semmern Offline
Veteran
semmern  Offline
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
Of all the independently developed sims I've ever heard of, this is the single one I can't wait for! Finish this sim, the whole Harrier-loving world is waiting for it! ;\)

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#1533043 - 08/13/04 02:37 PM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  
scary_pigeon Offline
scary_pigeon  Offline

britain
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby:
Thanks for that Dante. The spirit of true flight simmers can not be killed.
unless by a bus.

or by a woman driver... other day i was cycling to work and some stupid wench cut across me at a junction knocking me off my bike - i was not pleased.

she gets out of the car..

.. "are you okay? Sorry about that - I was busy - I was on the phone."

#1533044 - 08/13/04 03:01 PM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good to hear you're okay, SP ! Pfffoooweeeh ! [BIG sigh of relief]

But not even a bus or wench could ever kill a flight simmer. Granted, his body is his weak part, but nothing can kill the hardcore spirit.

#1533045 - 08/13/04 03:55 PM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  
scary_pigeon Offline
scary_pigeon  Offline

britain
indeed, i was quite heroic and cool headed like a fighter pilot in IL2. I briskly lifted my leg up above my bike to avoid the car and started a break left turn (we in britain of course drive on the left if you dont) to turn with the bandit - unfortunately the wing mirror knocked my hand and with that me and my bike into the curb.

okay, perhaps I wasnt that cool headed i was then furious - by this time the car had stopped and a the passenger window (nobody in it was there) I raised my fist high above my head to I dunno - do an incredible hulk and punch through it - I lowered my head to glare at the fool in the car - then I realise it was a woman - still with her phone in the hand and thought:

feck - a woman. I cant hit the driver now! aghhhhh!

#1533046 - 08/13/04 04:24 PM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  
Skater Offline
Skater  Offline

NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by scary_pigeon:

Romano is responsible for the new terrain system that currently isnt intergrated into the game - and unfortunately for some time hes had no PC.
WHAT!?! What is he, writing his code on paper???

Ok... That is like a panic level problem in relation to project management...

Ok... Have Romano send an email to me at ealynch@gmail.com along with his min/med/hi PC requirements...

We've got to nip this thing in the bud and get the project back on track.

-Skater

"As Iron Sharpens Iron, so does a friend sharpen a friend." Proverbs 27:17
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart
"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
#1533047 - 08/15/04 10:52 AM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  
scary_pigeon Offline
scary_pigeon  Offline

britain
what would be kind of cool would be a petition to nvidia or ATI relating to need for us to have the new fancy per pixel capable gfx cards.

We can do some per pixel effects on the hardware we have but cant match state of the art effects without the hardware to go with it.

basically our project consists of poor south americans and me - a person who works for walmart part time - we have no money at all and gifts are a wonderful things (thankyou Natural Point (they kindly gave us their new track IR set)).

#1533048 - 08/19/04 10:34 PM Re: What r the chances JT will share KOE's fate ?  
Baco Offline
Baco  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yeap this guys are doing this thing the rigt way, once they have a working alpha then maybe then a Publisher with honorable intentions might pop up.

So nothing can put pressure on them to screw things up right now.... witch is a good thing.

The bad thing is that we might need to wait a bit longuer....

Althow considering that speed and publishers presure killed most of our very hi prospect sims, I find this situation to be a good one.

I radder have a Flight sim with nice (instead of falt out gorgeous) and a belivable Flight Model (instead of a painstaking acurate to the milimiter one) and a good working campaign, than a colection of bugs a la LOMAC, or a beautifull compeling sim like Proyect 1:Strike Fighters with a lousy Fligth Model that doesn´t even acount for spins and stalls...

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack Pilots make history.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.