Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1533026 - 07/31/04 08:16 AM Editable?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

As we know,Strike Fighters:P-1 has many addons as a great sim,so I want to know:

How is the capacity for editing Jet Thunder?
Will any addons/mods/utilities for JT be created by 3rd party in the future?

BTW,will there be a mission editor?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1533027 - 07/31/04 02:34 PM Re: Editable?  
scary_pigeon Offline
scary_pigeon  Offline

britain
from the FAQ - written last november:

Will it be "mod-friendly", or a more "closed" approach?
Indeed the current engine is flexible enough to allow easy modding, but we're pondering about the best way to allow this without damaging the multiplayer aspect.

There will be tutorials on the missions or basic flight concepts?
Yes, we're planning several scripted tutorial missions, following basic principies of flight, such as turning, diving, and more advanced and Harrier-related stuff, such as VTOL landing and ski-jump deck take-offs. Also weapons usage is planned to be included.

What about Easy Flight options and the such?
It will be very scalable, with options for simpler FM/avionics, no damage, etc.

as of now:
we're still pondering it. I personally love the authoritarian approach of IL2 in that it ensures maximun quality in online play with its encrypted closed format.

We will follow this approach, however the idea of having two modes - high fidelity Authorised and anything goes is quite attractive.

I would expect the most sucessful mods to be mods of lower tech aircraft - the cockpits for these are in theory very modable - but the special cockpits for the jets with avionics features are more specific and need to be coded special.

#1533028 - 08/11/04 06:18 AM Re: Editable?  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
Quote:
Originally posted by scary_pigeon:
Yes, we're planning several scripted tutorial missions, following basic principies of flight, such as turning, diving, and more advanced and Harrier-related stuff, such as VTOL landing and ski-jump deck take-offs. Also weapons usage is planned to be included.
Truth be known..if you did a sim that ONLY modeled the Harrier (VTOL), had a decent cockpit, authentic flight model and controls (nozzle controls) and a carrier to do take-offs and landings...and that's ALL it did..I'd buy it in a heartbeat!! \:D I'm that excited about flying a sim built around (at least partially) the Harrier...

\:\) Mmm..Harrier...any chance of getting some videos of the Harrier doing some basic take-offs and landings when it reaches fruition? Two things I'd like to see:

1. Good smoky engine effects from the Harrier. Having seen them in real life plenty of times they seem like they are standing on a pillar of black smoke when they are doing VTOL stuff.. \:\)

2. Good landing gear strut compression (independant). One of the things X-Plane does very well is modeling each landing gear strut in a convincing way (heck..A-10 Cuba did it pretty darn good 7 years ago..or whenever!). JF-18, LOMAC and Flanker 2.x, Falcon 4, JF-15 all suffered in this respect..but they ARE flight simulators, not GROUND simulators...so it's a small item.

Anyway...I need to re-read the FAQ..I'm probably making stupid statements \:D

Keep up the great work..thos ship models are looking positively smashing!

BeachAV8R

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.