Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1445187 - 11/19/01 08:15 AM I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
I was hoping for so much and after messing with it for the last 6 hours what I thought was a solid effort has turned into a horrible mess.

I get CTD's at the end of missions. I get weird graphic problems no matter what I uninstall or install graphically (like the clouds fold and breath and enter my cockpit and hit my eject button etc). My cockpit seems to have a life of its own and gives me squirrly graphics whenever I try to do anything but look at my fighter in external view.

External view shows that any of my fighters have a living, breathing third wing.

The graphics actually look worse than they did before superpak. Plus, where is this new UI? Don't see it.

The new cockpits don't look that great. Oh and CTD's again. I have tried reinstalling a few times and starting with nothing but the standard options but I still get these problems. I can't believe this piece of cow poo is worse than what I had before.

What a horrid disappointment (though not as bad as Harry Potter... now that was worse than slow, painful death).

RB

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1445188 - 11/19/01 09:13 AM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
Durrie Offline
Durrie  Offline

Sydney, Australia
Thats too bad man.

I did the install dance on the weekend, and it went smoothly by the numbers. No problems whatsoever. Even got a bit of a boost in FPS into the deal as well.

What sux is that you seem to be having troubles. Do you have a voodoo3 card? If so there is supposed to be a fix comming soon for some compiler problems. Maybe that will help.

Good luck

#1445189 - 11/19/01 10:25 AM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
cenkog Offline
cenkog  Offline

Istanbul / Turkey
No syst. specs no solution !
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback:
I was hoping for so much and after messing with it for the last 6 hours what I thought was a solid effort has turned into a horrible mess.

I get CTD's at the end of missions. I get weird graphic problems no matter what I uninstall or install graphically (like the clouds fold and breath and enter my cockpit and hit my eject button etc). My cockpit seems to have a life of its own and gives me squirrly graphics whenever I try to do anything but look at my fighter in external view.

External view shows that any of my fighters have a living, breathing third wing.

The graphics actually look worse than they did before superpak. Plus, where is this new UI? Don't see it.

The new cockpits don't look that great. Oh and CTD's again. I have tried reinstalling a few times and starting with nothing but the standard options but I still get these problems. I can't believe this piece of cow poo is worse than what I had before.

What a horrid disappointment (though not as bad as Harry Potter... now that was worse than slow, painful death).

RB

Over 1000 postings in simhq.com !
#1445190 - 11/19/01 10:43 AM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Burping pieces of...

Your post is quite clear: "uh-uh-SUPERPAK SUX-UH-UH-SUPERPAK SUX...UH-UH"

Did you ask for any help? NO.

Are you part of the F4UT (coders or btesters)? NO. So, you don't really know it all about Superpak and what issues have been raised.

Even we who are part of the team have to follow procedures and, in doubt, ask for advice.

You only complained,-which is a right you have-, but I find that attitude unproductive, why post here at all if all you want is to complain?!

BTW, graphics worse than before?! Cockpit's not that good?!

What an eye! But, then again, it's just your uninformed opinion...

Chronus
http://www.sim-news.com

Quote:

RB

[This message has been edited by chronus (edited 11-19-2001).]

#1445191 - 11/19/01 12:51 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
Kraut Offline
Kraut  Offline

Kit. Ont. Canada
I don't think SP sucks. It works great for me. Now a not so puter expert like me can get/go somewhere. Maybe it's your puter, your setup, or Heaven forbid, it's you that sucs. Your attitude seemingly points in that direction. Unless of course you just lack social skills & if that be the case, then please disregard my above mentioned statements.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

#1445192 - 11/19/01 01:54 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
Oh wait.. yes, I should be asking for help with the super pak? Oh... darn, and I thought it was supposed to FIX all of those issues we had with realism and eRazor stuff. Well since it creates more problems (and I really didn't have many problems with those) then it's not very super is it?

I think you beta testers and superpak designers are the ones that need an "eye." You missed a lot.

As for my specs.. hmm, Athlon T-Bird 1.2, Geforce 2 Ultra (Elsa) with which I tried different versions of drivers, Soundblaster Live Xgamer and tons of other stuff.

I had very few problems before this "super" patch.

In any case please don't help me with this. Just like the other patches before it (that didn't claim to be super) I will figure it out myself and fix any issues I may have with it. My point was that for a "super" patch it is more "sucker."

RB

#1445193 - 11/19/01 04:18 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a genius! If you figure everything by your self, then the only reason you post here is simply to show everybody how brilliant you are! Funny thing, though, you don't quite succeed in THAT!

"and tons of other stuff" - LOL, you must think, the more I put inside, the better this sucker will run! Well, what a reasoning!

Instead of insulting others and their work, keep your opinions as constructive as possible.

Have a problem? Say what it is, without any derogatory comments!

The SuperPak is not problem free, no software in the whole world is. But one thing that's been achieved is attention to detail and make a gigantic effort to solve compatibility/hardware issues. That and making the transition Falcon 4 ---> Falcon 4 SP1 as smooth and easy as possible.

BTW, how come your incredible genius didn't find the new UI?

LOL, great, you really are one of those people we (coders, testers) don't give a damn when making or improving software, 'cause your only intent is prejudice and destructive criticism.

So I guess you won't donwload Superpak 1a or even Superpak 2! Your problem, little boy.

Chronus

Quote:

RB

#1445194 - 11/19/01 04:30 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it is just the delivery that hacks off people. Many people have put in countless hours of work and to summarily dismiss it is extreme. There have been thousands of downloads of the superpak with relatively few problems being reported.

Hey, but you don't have to use it. People come here to get help and talk about the cool things that happen to them while in the sim. To come here and shout, "This sucks!" and then not accept help is inmature. It's like you're a pouting little boy who won't accept help.

For what it is worth, my SP1 is running very smooth, not a CTD, not one stutter, not one thing happened unexpectedly.

There are many here who are willing to help, you just have to act with some sort of maturity. I remember your name before and this does not seem to be the way you act. Perhaps your frustration got the best of you.

------------------
Stephen
Specs: AMD TBird 1.1ghz, 256 Meg of RAM, 30 gig HD @7200 RPM, Geforce 2 32 Meg GTS, SB LIVE!, WIN98SE

#1445195 - 11/19/01 04:36 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
ft Offline
ft  Offline

400' MSL
RB,
if you have some positive criticism (aka bug reports) please state them. If you're just gonna sob about how much SP "sux", I suggest you find an alternate forum. If it bothers you that much that SP isn't perfect, there's a 100% refund policy - all the money you paid for it back unless you're satisfied.

Hmm, there were things that didn't/don't work as advertised in RPx/eFalcon1.xx as well, right? Better not use those either, or the 1.08 patches - back to lovely old F4.0 release version. Enjoy!

Sheesh, I just got into this and I'm amazed by the effort the SP developers and others have put in without pay to make this a better simulator... and then I read this. It's a sad, sad world.

Cheers,
/ft

[This message has been edited by ft (edited 11-19-2001).]

#1445196 - 11/19/01 04:41 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
Speaking of "genius" ... ok let's not because your response is far from it.

I posted this thread because I wanted to voice my opinion of this crappy effort. Had I wanted help I would have asked for it.

As for your other responses, thanks for projecting. One of my favorite things in life is to watch people project for me. It is very funny and also shows how self absorbed you are. Good work.

Do you think I'm supposed to praise the "super" coders and testers for trying? Well ok then, good job "super" group for trying. However, you didn't do a very good job. Or at least you didn't do any better than those guys before you.

This is like reinventing the wheel by adding a second, broken wheel to the mix. Wow, interesting but how does this help us?

I know... I know... Razorback is an idiot.. or a jerk.. or worse.. or all of the above... etc etc etc... yawn, wake me when you are done with the obvious.

You just don't like hearing that the "super" effort is laim. I thought the point was to make it easier not harder. This patch just makes me have to read MORE, look MORE, poke MORE, ask MORE... I get it! It's the "super" difficult to get running right patch!

Ok, sorry then. I take it all back. I guess I should have found that the new UI was an option only discovered if you selected MORE.

Doh! Roll me in clay and call me mud. It was so darn obvious! Even a wannabe genius like me should have found it!!!

Oh that is had I been looking... but then I thought "super" meant I didn't have to look. Sigh... live and learn.

RB

#1445197 - 11/19/01 05:09 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Razorback,

OK, enough said of your complaints.

Now, be constructive and show just a little appreciation to all that have given up their free/family time in order to improve Falcon.

It has improved a bit, in various areas:
-graphics
-stability
-AI
-ease of patching

The differences are sometimes minor, sometimes enormous, IMO.

Take it easy, uninstall and re-install.

In the not so distant past, I had to install-uninstall-reinstall Windows 98/ME/NT/2K; I had to try many times in order to have a fully functional version of coding programs such as TCL/TK pro, Python, Borland's VC++ or even the service patch for Visual C++. It happens sometimes that complications arise.

Avoid that "everything sucks" attitude. That's all.

And good luck.

Falcon SP is and will be a landmark for simulations, just wait and see, stability comes at a price, and sometimes, happily, that price is TIME.

Chronus

Quote:
Speaking of "genius" ... ok let's not because your response is far from it.

I posted this thread because I wanted to voice my opinion of this crappy effort. Had I wanted help I would have asked for it.

As for your other responses, thanks for projecting. One of my favorite things in life is to watch people project for me. It is very funny and also shows how self absorbed you are. Good work.

Do you think I'm supposed to praise the "super" coders and testers for trying? Well ok then, good job "super" group for trying. However, you didn't do a very good job. Or at least you didn't do any better than those guys before you.

This is like reinventing the wheel by adding a second, broken wheel to the mix. Wow, interesting but how does this help us?

I know... I know... Razorback is an idiot.. or a jerk.. or worse.. or all of the above... etc etc etc... yawn, wake me when you are done with the obvious.

You just don't like hearing that the "super" effort is laim. I thought the point was to make it easier not harder. This patch just makes me have to read MORE, look MORE, poke MORE, ask MORE... I get it! It's the "super" difficult to get running right patch!

Ok, sorry then. I take it all back. I guess I should have found that the new UI was an option only discovered if you selected MORE.

Doh! Roll me in clay and call me mud. It was so darn obvious! Even a wannabe genius like me should have found it!!!

Oh that is had I been looking... but then I thought "super" meant I didn't have to look. Sigh... live and learn.

RB

#1445198 - 11/19/01 05:23 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there.

Right, one at a time.
----------------------------------------

OK, out of 10 thousand people, I think you are the only one to report this. So I would have to say its probably a driver issue, some specific to your system.

---------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

See above. Never heard of this.

-----------------------------------
-------------------------------------

The new UI is an SP2 feature. They are no longer Glide-only graphics, and are somewhat different, rather than better or worse. Glide was better, but the planned new graphics engine may help that.

-----------------------------------------

I think the cockpit is gorgeous. But that's just me. It's the first Falcon cockpit that makes an attempt to show that the central panel is not a flat thing flush with the "dashboard" but actually is much closer to you than the MFDs.

What detonator drivers are you running?

Gavin

#1445199 - 11/19/01 08:13 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
Dusty Rhodes Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN
Dusty Rhodes  Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN

Southern Oregon
Weird. I am running a 1.2 Gig AMD with 266 FSB, and GF2 Ultra with the 12.41 drivers and Falcon and SP installed flawlessly and ran beautifully. I am a bit anal about installing Falcon though and have a detailed routine that has worked every time with a hitch.

Uninstall
Delete Microprose folder
scandisk
defrag
End It All Programs except Systray and Explorer
Install
Patch 1.08
Reboot
Patch SP
Reboot
Defrag one more time for the sake of argument

And no hitches at all and it looks great. Try not to blame the product till you know that you are doing exactly what needs to be done to optimize the sim.

------------------
BeerDog
It's 0Beer30

[This message has been edited by BeerDog (edited 11-19-2001).]

Dusty Rhodes

Fight Fair! Fight to have fun! Fight to WIN!

Win 7 Pro, Intel i7 4790K OC'd to 4.6 Gigs, EVGA GTX Titan 6 GB Memory and ASUS GTX Titan 6 GB Memory, 32 Gigs Tri Channel Ballistix RAM, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals
#1445200 - 11/19/01 08:24 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
Razorback Offline
No one of consequence
Razorback  Offline
No one of consequence
Veteran

NJ
I have tried pretty much every driver I have on my PC. The "third wing" is more like a breathing abnormality in the graphics. I see this with every fighter. So far nothing fixes it.

I am not the only one reporting CTD's. Now there is a big wish on your part.

The graphics look worse. I can't explain why but they do. I have never used Glide as an option so I don't now what has changed. They just look "rough."

The cockpit is not that bad I just needed another point.

The funny thing is that I have been an "appologist" for the Falcon4 third party developers at times (like iBeta and eRazor) always telling friends to wait and be patient.

However, when I started playing with this patch I was at first calm and tried different things to get it to work well with my system. I used to be a tech support dude and later a web dev so I know what it is like to find and fix bugs but when I started to think back on all the wonderful things this patch was supposed to do and the lack of "ease" with which I was using it I decided to post this thread. The rest is history.

I actually wish that the people who have e-mailed me today about this thread would post here and tell you exactly what they think too.

RB

#1445201 - 11/19/01 08:51 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

However, when I started playing with this patch I was at first calm and tried different things to get it to work well with my system. I used to be a tech support dude and later a web dev so I know what it is like to find and fix bugs but when I started to think back on all the wonderful things this patch was supposed to do and the lack of "ease" with which I was using it I decided to post this thread. The rest is history.

Actually, and someone correct me if I am wrong, the F4UT never promised anything with SP1 except the merger of the two execs. Any new things would come with SP2. So if you had problems with 1.10 before, you will have trouble again probably. At any rate, if you don't want to deal with it anymore, don't.

Oh and unless you have recieved thousands of emails, the percentage of people with problems is still going to be low. I don't discount the problems that you and others are having. They are indeed unfortunate, but I just don't see that what they have done is poor work not fit for most computers because the vast majority get it to run with minimal fiddling. Heck I haven't fiddled wiht my system and F4 for months.

------------------
Stephen
Specs: AMD TBird 1.1ghz, 256 Meg of RAM, 30 gig HD @7200 RPM, Geforce 2 32 Meg GTS, SB LIVE!, WIN98SE

[This message has been edited by Overkill (edited 11-19-2001).]

#1445202 - 11/19/01 08:55 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
Sierra Offline
Sierra  Offline

Chronus...its people like you that the F4 sim community does NOT need. Your attitude towards Razorback at the start of the thread is just plain sad...

I have signed up to help the team...I am a professional Software QA engineer (with lots of time on my hands at the moment...laid off due to downturn in economy). Now, seeing just what SP is all about, I don't know if I really want to offer my services...especially with attitudes like yours being displayed.

SP was hyped up to be just so awesome...well, let me express my disappointment...not just with the superpak, but with the attitudes and actions of the team when I first joined. You can't get upset at Razorback just because he believed all the hype, and when, in his experience, it turned out to be worse then either RP5 or eF1.10.

Sierra

#1445203 - 11/19/01 09:47 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sierra:
Chronus...its people like you that the F4 sim community does NOT need. Your attitude towards Razorback at the start of the thread is just plain sad...
Sierra

Dam, and I thought it was just me who noticed this about him.

Seriously though Chronus lighten up guy, Falcon is alot of things to everyone here, that's why we're here, It's a Hobby, it's a Passion, it's an Adventure, and for some it could actually be an escape, but overall it's just a DAM GAME! A great one no doubt but A game none the less.

I appreciate the hard work of the Super_Pak Team, I'm learning, and liking the New look But that's me, B on the other hand doesn't like it, oh well, his lost, dude it's like that Some of the People some of the Time thing Point is Chronus relax and move on dude we all got a right to state our likes and dislikes.

BirdDogg.

#1445204 - 11/19/01 10:41 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  
sim_freak Offline
sim_freak  Offline

[This message has been edited by sim_freak (edited 01-28-2003).]

#1445205 - 11/19/01 10:57 PM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

From the Registration Agreement:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB."

This post stands as a warning to those who have violated this passage.

#1445206 - 11/20/01 03:32 AM Re: I hate to say this but Superpak sux  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Razorback did you like the way SP look? (graphics, RP5 Ai so on, and so on)If So try this once.(If you like the way the orgnial falcon 4 ran or just to see what happens)
You Can do this two ways.

1. Install F4/108patch with the super pack.
Go in the the Falconsp config Editor and uncheck the Super pack.
Now run the game from the orgial Falcon 4 exe and see what you get.

2. install it again F4sp1 and just run the game from the original EXE.

Both ways have work for me. It looks like you get the RP teams IA(still testing this, had a Mig that had me chase him in to AAA head on I was hit and lost my Avionics and when I landed learned that my nose wheel steering was gone). You do get the graphics that the SP use. Go in to TE and the F16 skins change when you play a TE. The chicken dance that everyone hates in the Orgianl F4 are gone it looks like the Erazor damage FX are in.
Here are somethings that do not work.
The new radio calls tat the RP team made do not work(try them and you will see. ask for a weapons check and you might tell your wingman they are clear for takeoff)
and if you run the TE that has rain that might not work for you. CTD on me after takeoff.
Erazor explosion look like they are missing to but I'm not 100% sure as of now.

Tallrat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.