Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
#1392595 - 08/23/04 12:51 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

St.Charles, Missouri U.S.A.
Hey those videos are great Polovski!!!

Except for your "pal's" voices, the dynamic flying certainly looks action packed!

Seeing some of the GUI artwork shows the designers put quite a bit of work into this game for sure.

Bravo!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1392596 - 08/23/04 01:01 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

\:\) glad it gave you a taste. Yes the voices are a bit odd (didn't see a radio ;\) ). Still, good fun.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#1392597 - 08/23/04 01:27 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

Geesh Polovski, look at the Felixstowe's pilot taken from one of your screenshots:

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UAADA2kZs...485968968392024[/img]

He even looks cold!

#1392598 - 08/23/04 01:41 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Yes I see what you mean, sort of a glazed "what the hell am I doing flying this piece of junk freezing my nuts off being shot at by 3 enemies with that idiot Polovski manning the gun" look. \:\)

Regards,

Polovski,
#1392599 - 08/23/04 02:00 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

LOL! \:D

I'm very impressed with the modeling and animation details you've shown us here Polovski.

The Lewis gun pan rotates when firing as it should.

The DH 2 model has the "chin" fairing for the floor mounted compass........hey, Polovski......is the compass indeed on the floor in the game?

There's the "sharks teeth" motif under the DH 2's nacelle of No. 24 Squadron R.A.F.!

Super damage effetcs too, dig those splintered 'A' Flight wing struts!

More videos Polovski, more videos (or at least screenshots)! ;\)

#1392600 - 08/23/04 04:57 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
Cas41

Thanks for post . Sounds like this may be the game that myself and 2 brothers have been looking for for 3-4 years . Seems it takes someone from old USSR to make games we need . This and IL2 . No one seems to mention much that they are doing all this for $20 not $40-50. I like the fact it has Arcade mode since I think that helps to bring in people who would otherwise be turned off by the hard flight model like in RBII that has you bouncing off the ground for 2 days before you get the hang of it. Later they can switch to harder flight mode . Otherwise it's like the modeling industry that makes $40 tank and plane models these days but no introductory priced kits so a kid can buy one with his allowance. Kills off the next generation.

scott hill
#1392601 - 08/23/04 05:14 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
Polovski

Man that was awesome .Thanks . Whoever said you can see detail down low wasn't kidding. I'm sure you noticed the spinning radials of the motor behind you .Sorry I don't have more to contribute to this thread but don't have game yet. Please post another video tomorrow if it isn't too much trouble.I'll look forward to it all day at work . I used to play RBII all night Fri and Sat and lose track of time . Hey why is the sun coming up it can't be more than 1 or 2 in the morning !!! Thanks Again .Going to go watch it again. Does anybody's family laugh at them when they are playing a flight sim and you find yourself leaning around in the chair like you are in a real plane without knowing you are doing it.

scott hill
#1392602 - 08/23/04 05:22 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Blacksheep02 Offline
Blacksheep02  Offline

Rhode Island, USA
I've been gone for two weeks on vacation and now I see all these WoW screenshots and enthusiasm. Wasn't this the game we were all going to boycott? lol. It actually looks pretty good from the screenshots I've looked at. Have to go back and read more of this post.

-Blacksheep
The Sheeps Pen
#1392603 - 08/23/04 05:24 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
VAPOR TRAILS and a revolving Magazine on the machine gun !!!! Are you kidding me!!!! I think whats happening is these companies from overseas know they have to make something outstanding to get noticed . Well them have. Sort of like what women say about having to do a job twice as good as a man to get noticed. Polovsky was "Giving it to him Proper as my brothers and I like to say.

scott hill
#1392604 - 08/23/04 06:36 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Xeidos2 Offline
Xeidos2  Offline

Colorado
I've been forwarding the links to screen shots of WoW to GS. So far his only comment has been,"Too bad we couldn't have combined the two together, taking the best from KOE and combining it with the best of WoW. That would've been something."

I've tried to download the avi's but they won't play on any of the software I have. I suspect I had a corrupted download.

It makes me sad when I read how excited people are getting over the fact that the magazine on the Lewis gun rotates. We had that in KOE a year ago. Now when we bring KOE out in a few months people will say, "Oh yeah, that's just like what they have in WoW"

I also find it very interesting to watch people making plans on how to hack into WoW and start finding ways to make their own mods for it, even before it gets released here in the States. Kinda shows where their priorities are at.

Needless to say, I'll be watching in the days ahead.

#1392605 - 08/23/04 06:53 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
Hey X man .
When KOE comes out I'll buy it . Would also like to see their WW2 Pacific game and the Mercury rocket game. And I'm sure there is a lot of overlap between the 2 games .

scott hill
#1392606 - 08/23/04 08:45 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Puffin Offline
Puffin  Offline

Eastbourne, England
Just ordered a copy from gameplay.com £17.99, can't wait...

#1392607 - 08/23/04 09:32 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
Quote:
Originally posted by Xeidos2:
[QB]
It makes me sad when I read how excited people are getting over the fact that the magazine on the Lewis gun rotates. We had that in KOE a year ago. Now when we bring KOE out in a few months people will say, "Oh yeah, that's just like what they have in WoW"

I/QB]
That should not make you sad. All the comment is doing is trying to convey to readers of the thread how good WoW is- if the detail is that good , then it backs up the rest of the positive reports being made about WoW.
People here will buy KOE when (if)it comes out and no doubt comparisons will be made. But it is going to have to go some to be as good in some important respects,IMHO. IIRC, the terrain shots on KOE are not in the same class as WoW.
WoW is "arcaded" at the moment, but it seems possible to tweak a sim experience out of it, as has been said just a few posts back.
No, that's incorrect; it is NOW possible to tweak a sim experience- I'm flying it every day with Cougar and trackIR, and no dogfight in any sim is any better -period.
As for trying to change WoW, that's what all hardcore simmers want to do to every sim there is!
I would hope that would be regarded as a compliment to WoW developers for an "arcade" game to be so well regarded by hardcore simmers.
Believe me, this WoW is a quantum leap in many respects. When you guys in the States fly it and assess it ( with an open mind ), I'm sure you will agree.

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
#1392608 - 08/23/04 09:42 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Wings of Honor (the old DOS Game) had a rotating Lewis Mag already ;\)

I suppose if the guy who did the file packers for H&D2 can be arsed to create one for this engine (which seems to be similar enough) then the wait for KoE isn't going to be as bad...

#1392609 - 08/23/04 09:43 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Manuc Offline
Manuc  Offline

Germany
It would be nice if someone release a "realism patch" for WoW (containing engine torque, stalls etc. - overall a complex flight and engine mangement model)

#1392610 - 08/23/04 09:48 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Xeidos2 don't worry I am sure most here will definitely buy KOE if it is released! You can see how hungry we are for a decent WW1 sim \:\) and there is certainly lots of room for more WW1 sims.

The problem with WoW is that it has so much potential and great features and lots of nice touches (which all adds to the atmosphere and are very important of course) but is basically arcade like. KOE is a sim and we want it that way, but if it helps get it to market maybe you could add a good arcade mode too then appeal to both sets of fans. As long as we can taylor it completely to a full sim and it has an excellent campaign I think it would be a mega hit.

WoW has some sim features but not enough so we need to mod it immediately ;\)

I think these AVI's use media player 9 filters
They mention making sure you have the right codecs installed on the gamecam website.
You could try installing the windows media player 9 codecs if you don't have them or try the one of the full codec packs (K-Lite, or All Codecs I have found to be good).
http://www.free-codecs.com

I'll try to post more avi's but I need more space somewhere.

Regards,

Polovski,
#1392611 - 08/23/04 10:14 AM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Xeidos2:

I also find it very interesting to watch people making plans on how to hack into WoW and start finding ways to make their own mods for it, even before it gets released here in the States. Kinda shows where their priorities are at.
FS-WWI has had revolving Lewis drums for ages, not that most people would know. ;\) The terrain is a different story. \:\(

The priorities are that they want to make WoW more realistic, naturally. \:D

#1392612 - 08/23/04 12:33 PM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
nemo12 Offline
nemo12  Offline

Switzerland
i just bought the game today, my first impression is very good. The graphics are phantastic, the flight model is forgiving even in hard setting and classic fm. I like the mouse view. These graphics with the flight modell of Flying Corps Gold and the mission of rb3d would be a dream.

#1392613 - 08/23/04 01:34 PM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Ursus Offline
Ursus  Offline

Stockholm, Sweden
Polovski - thanks for the movie clips and screens. It looks really neat.

WoW should be released here this week as I understand - guess I have to get it \:\) though it may be a bit of a "sim light".

Xeidos2 - we are starving for a real WW1 sim - keep up the work with KOE!

#1392614 - 08/23/04 03:47 PM Re: Wings of War + modding potential - WW1 sim fans please read!  
Cicero Offline
Cicero  Offline

Glasgow ,Scotland
Well, I bought it this afternoon and rushed home to give it a blast and then discovered that it's a DVD-ROM which put the dampners on things seeing as my DVD drive packed up ages ago and I haven't got a new one yet..

Ah well, I guess it will stay in its box until I get my new machine. :rolleyes: ( WHich won't be that long with a bit of luck.)

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.