Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1392138 - 08/01/04 12:35 AM Wings of War  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

..is up on Suprnova.org, if you want to see if they stole any textures. That is, if you don't want to support them money-wise \:\)

Not bad - about 600 people are downloading it right now.

-FranksValli

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1392139 - 08/01/04 12:44 AM Re: Wings of War  
Jamm0r Offline
Jamm0r  Offline

USA
Right. Let's steal the game to see if they stole any textures.. LOL!

#1392140 - 08/01/04 01:53 AM Re: Wings of War  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
OT: Forgot to mention Jamm0r as someone that would be a good candidate for visiting Denver and seeing just what you KoE guys have there. Osram too, but he's pretty far away.

#1392141 - 08/01/04 03:42 AM Re: Wings of War  
Toadvine Offline
Toadvine  Offline

Seattle
I really think Fly ought to be among those who go. But I also think those who do go ought to poney up their own air fare. If you don't want to go bad enough to pay your way I am sure there are one or two who can. Air fare is not a good use of KOE donated funding IMO.

#1392142 - 08/01/04 04:02 AM Re: Wings of War  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

St.Charles, Missouri U.S.A.
Thanks for the support Toady, really, but I'm not a candidate!

I've been here on this forum to get this sim built.......to encourage it's direction, and to hopefully move it forward to its final completion.

I'm not here to promote myself (beyond being able to influence you guys to consider ideas I have put forward here).

So, to preserve my "independence", and to maintain that independence and standing within the community here, I wish not to be considered for any trip or previewing of KOE.

I know it sounds like a dream offer, and I'm probably crazy to do this, but it's who I am and how I feel.

Now having those selected pay their fairs is an idea, but how about that contest idea, that to be in the running for a trip you pay a fee, and you're randomly drawn like a lottery (if this trip actually comes about someday).

This way the contest entry money would pay for any travel expenses..........it's just an idea?

Anyway, most flight sim fans can judge the potential of something they see and experience, I trust that anyone could probably do this task just fine..........as long as they can write! \:D

Thanks again Toady for those kind words, it's my reward for helping out when I can.

#1392143 - 08/01/04 04:17 AM Re: Wings of War  
Toadvine Offline
Toadvine  Offline

Seattle
Well, I don't think it is a big deal who goes. As long as they understand flight sims and computer games in general. I'm not going. I have no interest in going. I just want to see the sim finished.

But having someone knowledgeable to test fly the sim and come back with an understandable report on the state of the game; that is the object. I think someone with experience modding RB3D would be a good person to go. OvS perhaps? Or Kess?

#1392144 - 08/01/04 05:38 AM Re: Wings of War  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
People like Jamm0r and Osram understand what goes on behind the green curtain, Wizard of Oz. lol Good RB3D candidates might be Captain Darwin, Rens(too far), anybody that understands programming a bit, alot is even better. Jamm0r has done some RB3D utility work and alot of work on other games. First send some programming guys, and then make room for 2.modelers and 3.artists in that order. Whats most important is whether Aspect has someone that can finish coding the game, thats what I'd want to find out from someone visiting them. Thats my opinion anyway.

#1392145 - 08/02/04 04:56 AM Re: Wings of War  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

Lol Jamm0r - I was thinking of that as I posted, but I thought "what the heck", just because I think ill of them now. Maybe that's not good. Anyhow, I didn't spend the time to download it (I swear, judge!) - the description actually started luring me in until it mentioned the hidden power-ups all over the course. I could just imagine Richthofen writing something like this in his "Fighting the Flying Circus":

"The hun was totally clueless as I approached. As I began the dive I knew that the noise of my engine would soon be heard in spite of their own. Closer, closer. I could see their head turn back, and almost see them decide which manuever to take. But there is little one can do when caught in this position. They began to double back on their path, but I followed. I let out several well-aimed bursts and witnessed the resulting debris. I tried to steer clear of it as I began to ascend again.

But what is this? The hun had steered their plane toward the ground at almost breakneck speed. Maybe I had killed the pilot in the first pass? Or disabled the plane? I looked in horror as the pilot steered right through a semi-hidden glowing red orb. As they passed through, there was a small "ding" sound in recognition of their achievement.

That was my first experience with the dreaded power-ups that have been scattered over the battleground. I emerged from that day a very broken man."

..ok, so maybe I got carried away. It would probably be a fun game, but nothing can beat realism, especially in the multiplayer environment!

-FranksValli, not yet going off the deep-end but close

#1392146 - 08/02/04 09:23 PM Re: Wings of War  
Jamm0r Offline
Jamm0r  Offline

USA
Hentzau, thank you for the kind words. However I believe that Aspect are, understandably, not interested in having anyone visit them for the time being. Furthermore, there are people here who have done much more for the WW1 community than I have, and are therefore more "deserving". I think Chevelle is on the right track WRT to a way forwards.

Any future involvement of mine in KOE would have be as a contract graphics programmer, that is one of my professional jobs, and my full-time hobby... and frankly all I would have time for / be interested in. For example, I would love to see my weather engine in KOE, but I doubt that their financial situation would allow them to hire extra people at this point in time.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.