Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#1391751 - 07/11/04 01:52 AM Re: *whistles in the empty room*  
Blacksheep02 Offline
Blacksheep02  Offline

Rhode Island, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Slice:
OK I sent an Email to Aspect, everyone else should too.

If only I could program, nind you I can paint a bit so anyone wants to start our own WW1 flight sim co-developement count me in \:D
And I forgot to mentions this but Good Job! We need everyone who wants this sim to send them an e mail. ANd if you sent one 2 or 3 months ago send another. We don't want one person to spam them, but we want as many different users to hit there mailbox in the next few weeks. That way they get the idea that we want news about this sim, good or bad.

-Blacksheep
The Sheeps Pen
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1391752 - 07/11/04 04:04 AM Re: *whistles in the empty room*  
JonP01_dup1 Offline
JonP01_dup1  Offline

I have to admit I'm starting to wonder what is happening with KoE as well. Up until recently, I wasn't terribly concerned that little or no info had been forthcoming.

But the E3 thing started raising question marks in my mind, and now we are only three months out from the beginning of Q4 2004. I cannot think of any other computer game within the last 5 years where - several months prior to release - did NOT have advertising material and screenshots plastered all over the net.

If I was a betting man I would defintely now wager that it's not going to happen. If it does, it will have defied the publicity and release pattern of just about every PC game developed since hardware accelerated graphics came into being.

I don't really have much money to throw around on software, but I'm starting to think I might end up buying the Oleg Maddox Pacific Theater instead. At least I am sure that will be out soon. I don't feel like hanging out for something which I now believe is extremely unlikely to happen.

We have to face the reality everyone. Any publisher even remotely capable of...ummm...publishing...would be flogging this game at full pace around the net by now. Perhaps for everyone's sanity it's best to simply close this forum rather than let people get uneceesaarily excited, only to be sorely let down when nothing materialises.

#1391753 - 07/11/04 09:52 AM Re: *whistles in the empty room*  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

Well in totally unrelated news - it looks like Capitol Records is finally releasing the American version of the Beatles albums on CD \:\) \:\) \:\)

List price is supposedly going to be $50.00, the average price of a new video game these days. Maybe I should just just set aside my KoE money for this set \:\( .

Anyhow, if we really are serious about creating out own sim, I think it would be great if we made it focus on aviation, but also start to develop controllable ground vehicles. It shouldn't be too big of a step to do that.

Then once we have that down, go right into first person shooter. That would attract many people to the game who otherwise wouldn't be interested in just a WWI aviation game.

Is it too CPU intensive? \:\( .

Pushing the limits even further - to reduce server load, either partition off the map into segments so that each player doesn't have to constantly update data for the entire map. In addition to that, or instead of, maybe use the Bit Torrent concept of distributed bandwidth for servers?

So many ideas, so little actual results! Not that I can do much of anything to help but complain \:\(

-FranksValli

#1391754 - 07/11/04 07:24 PM Re: *whistles in the empty room*  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

I , too, sent another email . I'll let anyone know if I get any sort of response.

-FranksValli

#1391755 - 07/14/04 09:54 AM Re: *whistles in the empty room*  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

there is no reason why aspect cant drop everyone a line to say stop worrying.
but they havent.

i cant understand their attitude.

the sim i was so looking forward to isnt going to happen imho.

there have been all sorts of reasons touted...for example "they dont want to show all of their cards" etc...

there are three options in my view

1. there never was a sim.
2. they have a problem.
3. its still coming.

if its still coming, why no updates?..thier attitude is downright rude.

if they have a problem..why not say?...they will have to face the music when the release date is pushed back again...so why not stand up and be counted?

i dont know why anyone would make an elaborate hoax such as this but with the lack of info you have to wonder...their website is awfully amateurish for a software developer...and most of the products on it are unfinished.

another team of dreamers?

who knows?.....as a result of their attitude im thinking of other things now.

#1391756 - 07/14/04 11:33 AM Re: *whistles in the empty room*  
Osram Offline
Hotshot
Osram  Offline
Hotshot

Bielefeld, Germany
Quote:

1. there never was a sim.
2. they have a problem.
3. its still coming.
Almost the only thing I KNOW about KoE is that it was no hoax and 1 is not correct. However, there are 2 other possibilities:

- They HAD a problem and it is solved.
- They HAD a problem and KoE is dead by now.

#1391757 - 07/14/04 03:15 PM Re: *whistles in the empty room*  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone tried to call them yet?

Droops

#1391758 - 07/14/04 07:44 PM Re: *whistles in the empty room*  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

I'm thinking about sending mail via snail mail, but I have a feeling I'd get the same response (or lack thereof).

-FranksValli

#1391759 - 07/14/04 08:27 PM Re: *whistles in the empty room*  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

St.Charles, Missouri U.S.A.
Better yet, anyone live in the Denver area? ;\)

#1391760 - 07/15/04 09:18 AM Re: *whistles in the empty room*  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
What has always surprised me is that SimHQ readily gave KOE a forum and have in the past refused to do so for Flying Corps Gold, which is an established WW1 sim?
In fact, I have mentioned before that the only thing FCG needs is modern terrain. If the source code is free now( Rowan sim ), is not some sim manufacturer capable of building a terrain for it?
Are there technical insurmountable problems to do that?
If not, Just Flight, et al ? Want to have a go?

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.