Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1391598 - 06/03/04 07:59 AM Re: What do you think of Bruno Stachel ?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

No!!!!! Not "Von Richtofen and Brown!" That has to be one of the worst ever!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1391599 - 06/18/04 03:23 PM Re: What do you think of Bruno Stachel ?  
PHilA Offline
PHilA  Offline

Still Lost in NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Dantes:
Hollywood recently seems to be on a retro comic book kick. George Pratt's Enemy Ace: War Idyll would be absolutely perfect to bring to the film screen. Sometimes I wish I was in charge of New Line.
[S!
I read somewhere, a few years ago albeit, that this was actually tossed around for a movie. Apparently nothing came of it.

"Save 'em the money. Hard times is coming" --Shemavon "Sam" Perperian (1900 - 2004)
#1391600 - 06/18/04 07:31 PM Re: What do you think of Bruno Stachel ?  
Moritz of JG1 Offline
Moritz of JG1  Offline

Chesterfield, MO
I also recommend the other two books in Hunter's Stachel trilogy: "The Blood Order"- about the Frei Korps and pre WWII Germany and "The Tin Cravet" What Bruno does in WWII.

#1391601 - 06/22/04 09:11 PM Re: What do you think of Bruno Stachel ?  
JG1Hautz_J10 Offline
JG1Hautz_J10  Offline

Germany!
Quote:
Originally posted by FlyXwire:
I think actor Jude Law could pull off Bruno Stachel in a Blue Max remake.
Hmm,

How about DiCaprio? \:D

It's a bit ironic that in the book Stachel was a functioning alcoholic, and in real life Peppard was the same. I know they were kicking around the idea of a Blue Max II a long time ago, and I can still remember seeing an interview about it...I think Peppard's drinking problems put the brakes on that one.

Stachel is a fascinating character, no doubt. I just reread the book about a month ago, and it still amazes me how it can hold my attention.

The book character is so different than the way he is protrayed on the screen. I love the movie but sometimes the acting was a bit, er, well wooden. "But Herr Hauptmann ...back...at..
flying..school..." Karl Vogler kinda' just flew circles around poor old Stachel in the acting realm, if not in the skies.

Hautz

#1391602 - 06/24/04 08:16 PM Re: What do you think of Bruno Stachel ?  
JG1Hautz_J10 Offline
JG1Hautz_J10  Offline

Germany!
My God, this forums seems to have died!

Hautz

#1391603 - 06/24/04 10:57 PM Re: What do you think of Bruno Stachel ?  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

St.Charles, Missouri U.S.A.
I've been spending most of my time recently between TargetWare's Richthofen's Skies forum, and on Open Plane Sims (for FS-WWI), with communities involved in the on-going development of two user-created WWI sim mods.

Richthofen's Skies is looking really nice at this pre-release stage, and most of you know about FS-WWI's progression (there's a terrific SVA-5 coming out for it soon btw)! \:\)

I must confess, it takes a toll trying to present one's views along the lines of how you might like to see the next new WWI sim develope, and at times I wonder if the personal investment and the attendant aggravation is really worth the effort. :rolleyes:

You know what I'd really like...........a new WWI flight sim that's ready to run right out of the box! No I mean it, I'm really getting tired of having dreams of a fully functional, high-fidelity Great War sim, and then realizing that while waiting for the genuine article to arrive (someday) that it's up to us fans to try and create a substitute in the meantime! Sure, what a hoot it is to be able to mod another flight sim product into a WWI-like surrogate, or to refine an existing sim like RB into something so improved from the original that it still satisfies many today, but really should all this be necessary???

People, I can't tell you the last time I've played a game or flew a sim other than to do a test flight or check some texturing I've been working on (well it's be well over month anyway), but the point is I JUST WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN, and maybe not have to always feel like there's just one other project to finish, or a final last point to make on some fan related forum.........for the CAUSE!!!

Does it sound like burn-out guys, yep, coupled to a whole lot of frustration too! I mean really, WW2 and jet fans have so many sims to choose from it's pathetic (actually wonderful if that's your period of interest), but what's with WWI???

Why must WWI flight sim fans have to toil away to create their own new or improved versions to satisfy our kicks???

Ok, I hear ya.................I'll stop the complaining, but you know where I'd rather be right now............on some server flying with YOU! That's right, or tradin' war stories about that great (KOE) bash we had last night, rather than trying to buck up my spirits (and yours) on this forum here!

Geez this sim just better come out Q4 2004.............for my sake and yours.............that's all I've got to say (wish it were that easy) too! \:D

#1391604 - 06/25/04 04:32 AM Re: What do you think of Bruno Stachel ?  
JG1Hautz_J10 Offline
JG1Hautz_J10  Offline

Germany!
Fly,

I understand completely. Hard to maintain that energy for a long time. I check in here about twice a week. I'm pleasantly surprised when something new is shown (like leaked screenshots).

Hautz

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.