Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1390969 - 03/31/04 06:56 AM Supplying the worlds energy needs  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have just had a brilliant idea to harness energy to supply the world! I figure it takes energy to transmit all the posts people make online. Well, you know how on some college English classes they break down a paragraph or even an entire speech to get the basic message in just a few words? We could have a program that does the same thing to forum posts. Take whole sentences or paragraphs and replace it with the word Blah! Then insert the final meaning of what was said, if any, in as few words as possible.

That would take far less energy to transmit than the entire post, thus reducing the energy consumption of the internet by nearly 99%. This energy could then be used for other things.

For example this post:

"Yes, and if 3 people on this board (and others chimed in) hadn't interfered, we might've had July 1915 to EOW, London Paris & Berlin, and a full complement of aircraft.

Remember: The bulk of the work was done BEFORE they went to the publisher, so there was no time constraints on Aspect whatsoever.

If you sit on your hands & accept less, that's what you'll get.

I was right, and all of you saps were wrong. I should insist on an apology, but I know I won't get one."

Could be reduced to:
"Blah! Blah! Nonsense. Blah!"

and this post:

"Hey VonHelton, what is all this interfered BS you are talking about? Oh yes let me tell you that myself and FlyXwire went to Aspect Simulations and had a DIRECT impact on the design and scope of the game! Man you need to come to your senses... Aspect knew what scope of WWI they were covering the day they started to create the game on their modeling PCs."

Could be reduced to:
"Blah! Blah! No sense replying. Blah! Blah!"

Why VH, Fly and Argon alone could supply enough power to keep the Bronx running for decades.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1390970 - 03/31/04 07:05 AM Re: Supplying the worlds energy needs  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

ROTFLMAO!!!

And I still like cheese.

Patent those two phrases.

"We have come to bring you Liberty and Equality, but don't lose your head about it. The first one of you moves without my permission will be shot." Marshal of the Empire Francois Lefebyre
#1390971 - 03/31/04 11:25 AM Re: Supplying the worlds energy needs  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

St.Charles, Missouri U.S.A.
Well Pen, now you're mired in the muck just like us!

Looks like you're full of plenty of hot-air yourself!

So blow-hard my man, maybe you can change the world, but more likely you'll just set it on fire!

#1390972 - 03/31/04 05:14 PM Re: Supplying the worlds energy needs  
Chef Offline
Chef  Offline

North Carolina
LOL Pen!

At least you can find humor in it. Can you imagine them in a nursing home together. Wait I think we have evidence they are already together in one.

Seniors Brawl After Salad Bar Dispute

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. - A dispute at the salad bar turned into a food fracas at an upscale retirement home, with a man taking a bite out of another's arm and other residents suffering minor injuries.

Police said resident Lee Thoss, 62, of the Spring Haven Retirement Community was picking through the lettuce, which disgusted 86-year-old William Hocker, who was standing in line behind him.

Hocker told Thoss no one wanted to eat food he had been playing with. Thoss yelled and cursed at him, Hocker told police, and Hocker called him a nasty name. Then, witnesses said, Thoss then began punching Hocker in the face.

In the buffet melee that followed, Allen Croft, 79, tried to grab Thoss, who bit him on the arm, reports said.

Thoss' mother, Arlene, in her 80s and also a Spring Haven resident, jumped in to break up the fight and ended up with a cut arm. Harry Griffin, 92, was standing at the salad bar and cut his head when he was knocked to the ground.

"All the old folks were either getting up to help or trying to get out of there," police spokesman J.J. Stanton said of the scene last Sunday in the well-appointed dining room, which features an ice cream bar and a pastry chef.

Arlene Thoss, Croft and Griffin were treated at a local hospital and released.

Stanton said all involved declined to press charges, but home administrators have asked Lee Thoss to move out.

Someone caught a pic of FlyXwire going for Helton's throat! :p

The road less traveled is filled with fewer needy people.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Movie Box Office visits?
by PanzerMeyer. 05/21/24 05:42 PM
The Old Pilot
by KRT_Bong. 05/21/24 12:30 PM
Il Plastico
by wormfood. 05/20/24 11:22 PM
WWII Photos Realistically Colorized
by F4UDash4. 05/20/24 09:04 PM
How many words/sentence should a speech be?
by NoFlyBoy. 05/20/24 10:54 AM
Harrier Pilot "Sharkey" Ward was 80
by F4UDash4. 05/19/24 11:01 PM
Autographs
by F4UDash4. 05/18/24 06:34 PM
Boxing fans
by RossUK. 05/18/24 03:11 PM
Bud Anderson was 102
by F4UDash4. 05/18/24 01:14 PM
The guy in War Games passes at 92
by NoFlyBoy. 05/18/24 02:28 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.