Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
#1390334 - 03/18/04 09:06 PM Re: Relax .....  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

The rear gunner swinging his gun over is doable. In fact it has been. The pilot slumping over, should not be any harder than the gun swinging.

It would be better than the scream, after all, you will not hear the enemy pilot scream over all the noise. At least I think not. But it also takes away an evasion tactic.

You shoot at me, and you see my plane go into a spin. You think to yourself "Another one bites the dust." And fly on. What you don't know is that I spun on purpose in a last ditch escape attempt.

Used to do that from time to time playing Dawn Patrol. \:D

"We have come to bring you Liberty and Equality, but don't lose your head about it. The first one of you moves without my permission will be shot." Marshal of the Empire Francois Lefebyre
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1390335 - 03/18/04 10:06 PM Re: Relax .....  
PatWilson Offline
PatWilson  Offline

usually centered in somebody e...
At least people are talking about this again \:D

P.S. For WFP we did the incremental approach. We started with 1916, then added 1917 and, soon after, 1918. Since then we have been adding more obscure types piecemeal until, with the release of 6.2, we were at 100 planes. It can be done and it does work.

If it was me making the decisions I would actually go backwards in time, starting with 1918. This would allow viable careers that would go to war's end. It would also get the Americans into the initial release. I would then go to mid-late 1917, early-mid 1917, 1916, and finally early war. What you would end up with is a complete WWI sim for under $200. Really not a bad deal if the quality is top notch.

Those who expect quantity and quality right out of the box for $50 are delusional, or at very least clueless as to how expensive it is to write software. Get the quality down, earn some money from initial sales, then add quantity.

The lucky man is the man who leaves as little to chance as possible.
#1390336 - 03/18/04 10:46 PM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PatWilson:
Those who expect quantity and quality right out of the box for $50 are delusional, or at very least clueless as to how expensive it is to write software. Get the quality down, earn some money from initial sales, then add quantity.
I love you too, Pat...........

If this game releases with 1/4th of what RB had, you can pretty much bank on not getting much more. Bugg fixes yes, add-ons no.

If you feel strongly I'm in error, a friendly little wager wouldn't hurt anyone.

......Besides, I need the money, I got a computer to fix.

\:\)

In any event, if SimHQ Staff cannot contact Aspect, I must assume this mission has been scrubbed, for whatever reason.

#1390337 - 03/18/04 11:04 PM Re: Relax .....  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

St.Charles, Missouri U.S.A.
Not only are they delusional Pat, but they are constantly misrepresenting the facts!

Quote:
VonHelton speaks:

.....But it's not me, since I don't represent a software that's in competition with KOE.
Prove it VonHelton! Prove it for all of us NOW, that I am a representitive of Wings With Wires. Prove it! Back up you allegations and insinuations that you have made on this forum once and for all, for everyone to read!

Additionally, you have made this statement about me not only on this forum, but on Frugal's World too:

Quote:
VonHelton speaks:

Gee, with KOE effectively neutered, it no longer poses a significant threat to the software YOU REPRESENT, now does it?
Is it perhaps that you have confused the excellent work that has been done, and continues to be done on the FREE community-created FS-WWI mod, for the commercial effort being made by the developer Wings With Wires?

You flatter us VonHelton, and you flatter me too, but again you prove your ineptitude to get any of your facts straight!

I bet there's a dozen readers or more......heck, maybe even a magical 100 members of this forum that know the error of your statements above! \:D

In the final analysis not only does VonHelton fail to substantiate his historical whimsies, but he obviuosly has no idea what has been happening in the flight sim world at large for years.

I'll be waiting for your answer VH, it's a challenge.............so back up your statements so we can all see the facts!

It's all about HONOR and telling the TRUTH..............SO PROVE YOUR WORTHINESS.........BUB!

#1390338 - 03/18/04 11:13 PM Re: Relax .....  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

You are in error about add ons.

So Aspect hasn't answered any e-mails. They could be too busy. Maybe they have nothing new to add yet.

How many e-mails are sent to Maddox1C? How many do you think they respond too?

Q4 is not that far away. Time is better spent working on the game. Finding and fixing obvious bugs. making sure the FM/DMs work.

Almost forgot; I think I will give WFP a whirl again. If only it was MMP....

Far more important than answering e-mails one would think.

"We have come to bring you Liberty and Equality, but don't lose your head about it. The first one of you moves without my permission will be shot." Marshal of the Empire Francois Lefebyre
#1390339 - 03/18/04 11:17 PM Re: Relax .....  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

I sense a Masterlock moment coming \:D

#1390340 - 03/18/04 11:19 PM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ironhand:
You are in error about add ons.

So Aspect hasn't answered any e-mails. They could be too busy. Maybe they have nothing new to add yet.

How many e-mails are sent to Maddox1C? How many do you think they respond too?

Q4 is not that far away. Time is better spent working on the game. Finding and fixing obvious bugs. making sure the FM/DMs work.

Almost forgot; I think I will give WFP a whirl again. If only it was MMP....

Far more important than answering e-mails one would think.
I'd think an e-mail from SimHQ Staff would be read.......

#1390341 - 03/18/04 11:20 PM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ironhand:
I sense a Masterlock moment coming \:D
Yep!

But what did it was spamming the thread, IMHO.

#1390342 - 03/18/04 11:56 PM Re: Relax .....  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

Answer VonHelton!

Why so timid now?

You constantly insult others, you misrepresent facts, you make unsubstantiated claims............and personal threats:

Quote:
VonHelton speaks:

.....And I had it taken away from me. Pray really hard we never meet.
So step up and be counted VonHelton!

#1390343 - 03/19/04 12:34 AM Re: Relax .....  
Toadvine Offline
Toadvine  Offline

Seattle
I hope the guys at Aspect aren't fighting over Knights Over Europe as much as we on this board are. Jeez, it would never get done!

#1390344 - 03/19/04 12:56 AM Re: Relax .....  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Toadvine:
I hope the guys at Aspect aren't fighting over Knights Over Europe as much as we on this board are. Jeez, it would never get done!
Maybe they are \:D \:D

#1390345 - 03/19/04 01:23 AM Re: Relax .....  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

Toadvine, I've never been fighting over KOE (there is no KOE)!

I have been substantiating my opinions about Aspect's possible KOE development path through rational discussion, and with historical documentation when necessary!

I have no problems with any member on this forum except ONE!

If you tollerate insulting behavior, unsubstantiated rumor, and bullying tactics, then I ask you what you see worthy to fight for?

Would you defend yourself against false attacks?

Would you defend a community against intimidation?

What outrages you then?

Actually I'm quite appalled that anyone would allow these rumors, half-truths, and insults to go unchallenged, in any community gathering!

VonHelton has some answering to do!

I am challenging him directly to make good his claims, on the attacks against me and my supposed motivations on this forum! I find his assertions falacious, threatening, and untrue!

Now he remains uncharacteristically silent, and awaits "administrative action" to save him from potential exposure, and the embarrassment that comes when having to admit his claims are fabrications.

I will remain staunch in my right to challenge anyone who attempts to demean another person's character, heritage, or intelligence without PROOF, and I would expect this to be the right and duty of others too!

Salute!

#1390346 - 03/19/04 01:43 AM Re: Relax .....  
Toadvine Offline
Toadvine  Offline

Seattle
Fly, I wasn't referring to anyone specifically, just the notion of Aspect trying to build a sim with a group like us for developers. Can you imagine! \:D It would be like the Marx bros, the three stooges, and Laurel and Hardy all trying to come to a general consensus on what the product should be! You can see the humor in that, no? \:D

#1390347 - 03/19/04 02:04 AM Re: Relax .....  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

Certainly Toady, and I appreciate your humor too! \:\)

OK forum folks it's time to make a deal.......of course this involves the board administrator too! ;\)

Here's the deal:

KICK BOTH ME AND VONHELTON OFF THIS FORUM PERMANENTLY!!!

That's it!

I'm willing to sacrifice my tenure on this forum forever, if you take VonHelton with me!

The community here can remain to discuss KOE in peace, to have it's disagreements, but to do so without the personal attacks that have been characteristic here for so many months now.

I have a voice in the WWI aerial enthusiast community, and I can survive without adding my 2-cents here, and perhaps then the SimHQ community can give KOE all the support and good feedback that Aspect deserves!

Count this as my gift to you guys, as I have total faith you will carry on just fine in our abscence!!!

Tell me we've got a deal.....please!!! \:\)

#1390348 - 03/19/04 02:31 AM Re: Relax .....  
Toadvine Offline
Toadvine  Offline

Seattle
Actually, I am more concerened about KOE getting the ax permanently. And that is no joke.

#1390349 - 03/19/04 04:52 AM Re: Relax .....  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA
LoL he didnt even respond to my post.. :rolleyes:

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
#1390350 - 03/19/04 05:49 AM Re: Relax .....  
JG1Hautz_J10 Offline
JG1Hautz_J10  Offline

Germany!
Lighten up, Francis. ;\)

Hautz

#1390351 - 03/19/04 06:39 AM Re: Relax .....  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

From the check six interview:

AS: The first installment of “Knights Over Europe” will focus on the air war over the Western Front. In fact, we already have high-resolution terrain data in place for the entire theater, from the English Channel to the Swiss border.
We aren’t ready to discuss projects beyond KOE at this time.

"First installment"..... Sounds like it will be expandable to me.

#1390352 - 03/19/04 10:28 AM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JG1Hautz_J10:
Lighten up, Francis. ;\)

Hautz
You mean "Frenchie", don't you?

\:\)

#1390353 - 03/19/04 10:33 AM Re: Relax .....  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Toadvine:
Fly, I wasn't referring to anyone specifically, just the notion of Aspect trying to build a sim with a group like us for developers. Can you imagine! \:D It would be like the Marx bros, the three stooges, and Laurel and Hardy all trying to come to a general consensus on what the product should be! You can see the humor in that, no? \:D
Tom will eventually get tired of him........Again.

Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.